Need a front tire

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2016 9:34 AM

Hey I was wondering what kind of tire would be good for doing things like dropping in a bowl a nice grippy tire or something

|

1/8/2016 10:27 AM

Something fairly slick. There's loads. You might get an odyssey chase hawk cheap somewhere

|

1/8/2016 10:39 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Something fairly slick. There's loads. You might get an odyssey chase hawk cheap somewhere

I'm getting a demolition momentum in the back would there be any problem with that being there or no?

|

1/8/2016 10:41 AM

Nah, that'll be fine

|

1/8/2016 11:03 AM

Make sure it's bigger then your rear tire , but if you want really good tires for
Bowl riding youl want 2 slick 1.95 tires pumped up to 110 less rolling resistance and higher pressure will allow you to ride bowls faster and in turn boost higher
Amplitude

|

1/8/2016 11:39 AM

^ "Make sure it's bigger than your rear tyre"
Fuck yeah, or it´ll feel pretty weird.

For the tire, I advise a BSD donnasqueak tyre (avaiable 2.25" an 2.4" (much more 2.3 and a big 2.4)) fucking grippy everywhere, the best slick style tyre I had try.

|

1/8/2016 2:04 PM

If you ride a smaller tire in the front your fakies will be extremely squirrelly and hard to get consistent

|

1/8/2016 3:41 PM

I run matching 2.2 Demolition Momentums and have minimal issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/8/2016 4:22 PM

I suggest a demolition rig or machete if you ride parks or bowls. A little bit if dirt will completely unsettle a momentum up front I've found. Plus with a rig or machete you have great front grip on everything.

|

1/8/2016 4:40 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I suggest a demolition rig or machete if you ride parks or bowls. A little bit if dirt will completely unsettle a momentum up front I've found. Plus with a rig or machete you have great front grip on everything.

I haven't run across that, BUT I am also cautious with my turns and try to avoid wash outs at all costs.

Old farts don't get up as fast.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/8/2016 8:15 PM

Maxxis grifter /thread

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher



1/8/2016 8:58 PM

Demolition rig tire(s). You could run either size up front and theyre very romantic.. She puts on on the secnd date yadidimean

|

1/8/2016 10:31 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I suggest a demolition rig or machete if you ride parks or bowls. A little bit if dirt will completely unsettle a momentum up front I've found. Plus with a rig or machete you have great front grip on everything.

dave lawrence wrote:

I haven't run across that, BUT I am also cautious with my turns and try to avoid wash outs at all costs.

Old farts don't get up as fast.

I get that. If you're like me and really push it into banks and stuff, slicks don't cut it at my park. But that's just me. My park is always dirty. And really wet at the moment. Ever boosted a hip and the landing is covered in snow? Scary as hell.

|

1/8/2016 11:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/8/2016 11:57 PM

Fit FAF-K 2.25 is always a good, well rounded tire.

I wonder why it isn't that popular anymore.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/9/2016 12:02 AM

one try kid wrote:

Fit FAF-K 2.25 is always a good, well rounded tire.

I wonder why it isn't that popular anymore.

It's got a really nice looking tread, but too wide for my liking. Although fafs seem to come up pretty narrow against other tyres

|

1/10/2016 6:41 PM

one try kid wrote:

Fit FAF-K 2.25 is always a good, well rounded tire.

I wonder why it isn't that popular anymore.

12345

They should start making they're 2.4 FAF with the same deep aggressive tread rather than the low profile and quicker-to-bald one.

|

1/10/2016 7:01 PM

SafetyFirst wrote:

12345

They should start making they're 2.4 FAF with the same deep aggressive tread rather than the low profile and quicker-to-bald one.

haven't seen 12345 around in quite some time haha.


But yeah I've always wondered why ONLY the 2.25" FAFs are aggressive... I can see why the 2.4" ones wouldn't be cause that'd probably make it closer to 2.5" and probably wouldn't fit many forks, but idk.

|

1/10/2016 7:33 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

haven't seen 12345 around in quite some time haha.


But yeah I've always wondered why ONLY the 2.25" FAFs are aggressive... I can see why the 2.4" ones wouldn't be cause that'd probably make it closer to 2.5" and probably wouldn't fit many forks, but idk.

a FAF 2.4 tire with deep/aggressive pattern will probably be too heavy to compete with popular tires in the market.

Unless they sacrifice the sidewall thickness...

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
.
.
.
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

1/11/2016 3:15 PM

one try kid wrote:

a FAF 2.4 tire with deep/aggressive pattern will probably be too heavy to compete with popular tires in the market.

Unless they sacrifice the sidewall thickness...

Hmm, you're right it might not sell well from being too heavy. But the Aitken has an even more aggressive pattern and comes in at 29oz in its biggest size. The MTTs are around that weight too. I'm not sure how well those tires do in sales, but there's precedent for heavier tires staying on the market. We're past the weight weenie trend there might be a limit to what people accept.

sundaybmxRR - yeah it might not fit a lot of forks/frames. A near 2.5" inflated width tire like the Stranger Haze and the hypothetical aggressive 2.4" FAF definitely wouldn't fit my Sunday Ian but I'm not sure how more modern frames are with tire clearance.

|

1/11/2016 3:54 PM

biggybuggy wrote:

I suggest a demolition rig or machete if you ride parks or bowls. A little bit if dirt will completely unsettle a momentum up front I've found. Plus with a rig or machete you have great front grip on everything.

dave lawrence wrote:

I haven't run across that, BUT I am also cautious with my turns and try to avoid wash outs at all costs.

Old farts don't get up as fast.

biggybuggy wrote:

I get that. If you're like me and really push it into banks and stuff, slicks don't cut it at my park. But that's just me. My park is always dirty. And really wet at the moment. Ever boosted a hip and the landing is covered in snow? Scary as hell.

Yep, snow with ice below it. I used to use snow as a makeshift foam pit too back in the day.

Barspins and 360s all day!

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura