Need a new frame

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2013 11:19 AM

Hi, I have the stolen score 2011 frame and I'd like to upgrade to a new one.
I'm over 180cm , what TT size should I look for. Also, my frame has 13.75 chainstay and it's some effort to do bunnyhops, manuals and 180s, I think of getting something around 13.25 chainstay.

I don't have a lot to spend so I'm looking for frames under 300 euro.
I was considering to buy the WTP scorpio frame as it is only 200euro right now.

What do you guys think I should go with?

|

4/10/2013 3:38 PM

is your frame broken?

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/11/2013 12:14 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

is your frame broken?

No

|

4/11/2013 12:24 AM

Just get one you can afford, and with geo you like. No offence but if you're struggling with Hops, Manuals and 180s I don't think you're going to break a frame anytime soon. And a 21" Frame would probably be best for you.

|

4/11/2013 12:39 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Just get one you can afford, and with geo you like. No offence but if you're struggling with Hops, Manuals and 180s I don't think you're going to break a frame anytime soon. And a 21" Frame would probably be best for you.

Its not that I really struggle with them but when I go onto my friend's wtp bike which has a bit shorter chainstay, everything is just easier. Is that a good reason to buy a new frame?

|

4/11/2013 12:47 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Crevop wrote:

Its not that I really struggle with them but when I go onto my friend's wtp bike which has a bit shorter chainstay, everything is just easier. Is that a good reason to buy a new frame?

If you want a new Frame and you have the money to spend, then get one. I would recommend some frames but I'm not really sure what you want, you want a Short Chainstay but what else? (Low or High Standover, Steep or Mellow HT etc)

|

4/11/2013 9:53 AM

The thing is that I'm not sure what dimentions I want.
I ride mostly street, I do a lot of manuals, 180s etc.
Maybie a low stand over height would be good for tailwhips etc?

|

4/11/2013 11:05 AM

If you are not sure what you want it means you aren't ready to buy a new frame.
Wait till you break it and then change it.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/11/2013 11:11 AM

I think you should do what YOU want. I would get one if ya got the money and need one.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/11/2013 11:18 AM

I have a Sunday 3rd wave I would sell. It is the one that is in my bike check. It is like new. Hit me up!

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Refs: SolomonGrundy!

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

4/11/2013 1:03 PM

andyferly wrote:

If you are not sure what you want it means you aren't ready to buy a new frame.
Wait till you break it and then change it.

My frame will never break lol.
It nearly did when I first learned how to grind as when I bunnyhopped I didnt jump straight at the wall and the left side of the back bottom triangle is a bit bent in but as know how to grind now its ok.

The stolen score is a really solid frame.

|

4/12/2013 6:25 AM

Crevop wrote:

The thing is that I'm not sure what dimentions I want.
I ride mostly street, I do a lot of manuals, 180s etc.
Maybie a low stand over height would be good for tailwhips etc?

I guess I will be the dick on this one.

If you are not able to 180 or manual your current setup, you shouldn't be worrying about whips.

And yes, I understand people learn different things at different times, but work on some more basics first.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/12/2013 6:28 AM

lol i can nearly whip and can nearly 180 where is the logic in this...

|

Bruh

4/12/2013 7:52 AM

Where did I say that I cant 180?
I said that I 180 a lot and I asked if a low stand over height would be good for whips when I will try to learn them.

Seriously, where did you guys take that I cant manual or 180 out from?

|

4/12/2013 8:19 AM

magic bud tongue
whips aren't hard to learn just kick with your foot like a mofo and look at your pedals all the time and should land em easy as piss, shame i can't... yet

|

Bruh

4/12/2013 8:28 AM

I think I'll settle on wtp the irish with 20.9 top tube or wtp scorpio with 21 top tube

Anyone has any of these two?

|

4/12/2013 8:40 AM

why not take a look at the mutiny rune/loosefer , half of the locals in my country runs them ...

|

4/12/2013 8:50 AM

sketchytravis wrote:

is your frame broken?

Crevop wrote:

No

then you dont really need a new one, id jsut beat the piss out of the one you have now and get a new one when you need one

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/12/2013 8:52 AM

shadowz0 wrote:

why not take a look at the mutiny rune/loosefer , half of the locals in my country runs them ...

After reading few reviews I might get one of the one you recommended over a wtp one. Isnt a 13 inch cs too short tho?

|

4/12/2013 9:03 AM

well its good for tech tricks but its a little too short for grinding ... as for durability , one of the local "sponsored" ( real small bike shop) riders has been trying to dent the loosefer v2 and i can't say hes had much success smile

|

4/13/2013 8:24 PM

Get a Fiend Embyro or a United Mothership V2.

I REALLY want a new frame but I know I don't need one. Reconsider if its a need or a want

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/14/2013 1:17 AM

BSD Trailorpark.
20.6TT

Done, Now stfu.

|

4/14/2013 1:26 AM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

BSD Trailorpark.
20.6TT

Done, Now stfu.

hes too tall , probably need a 21 or 20.75

|

4/14/2013 1:27 AM

Crevop wrote:

Where did I say that I cant 180?
I said that I 180 a lot and I asked if a low stand over height would be good for whips when I will try to learn them.

Seriously, where did you guys take that I cant manual or 180 out from?

Just going to let you know i have a BSD Beverage 20.65TT 13.25 Slammed Chainstays. It's made for street & some park...

All im going to say is nothing will ever help tailwhips more, but only assist.
Having a lower standover means nothing with whips, because when you whip you're catching the crank/pedals with your front foot, you're not reaching over the frame.... It will help with decades because your back foot has to reach over the frame...

But you can do 180's and almost nothing else? And you ride street? Get a BSD, CULT or a United frame... They are mostly based around street, Any frame based on street is what you want, if you have trouble with manuals on a 13.75 chainstay, you're never going to learn anything by getting a shorter chainstays. I went from 13.75 to 13.25 chainstay, it made it easier to pop up a manual but harder to balanced because the 'sweet spot' balance point was harder to get to, you need a lot more balance with steeper forks/headtubes and shorter back ends...

A lot of what people say about preferences with their bike are only there opinions, Everybody is different... I can tailwhip my whole bike around and land almost cranks around 3 times out of 5 and i have a BSD Beverage with a 8.8" standover? Whoever says 'Tailwhips are easier with a lowcut frame' is half of an idiot, it all depends on the rider....

|

4/14/2013 1:30 AM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

BSD Trailorpark.
20.6TT

Done, Now stfu.

shadowz0 wrote:

hes too tall , probably need a 21 or 20.75

I agree. around 21 TT. But the Trailorpark is in between street and park, medium standover height, slammed back end and a nice slanted seat pole, the HT isn't too narrow or mellow.

|

4/14/2013 1:40 AM

damn ... made it sound so nice , too bad bsd isn't in my country T.T

|

4/14/2013 1:46 AM

shadowz0 wrote:

damn ... made it sound so nice , too bad bsd isn't in my country T.T

From BSD's website;

Singapore

Zola parts

Singapore

+65 91767727

http://zolaparts.blogspot.co.uk/
zola7622@hotmail.com

|

4/14/2013 2:06 AM

oh hey thanks didn't notice that , only thought there were 2 lbs bringing in bmx parts

|

4/14/2013 3:32 AM

20.6 TT , no ty ,I don't like hitting my knee off the stem.

I'm going with mutiny rune.
cant decide what colour tho ;3

btw, I can almost 360, i need like 10 degrees more to land it. I can 180 tyre tap too.
I'm learning how to hang 5 but I cant kick with my foot cuz it hits the ground -.- , would bringing up the saddle a bit help? It is as low as it can be atm, maybie thats the problem.

|

4/15/2013 2:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2013 2:36 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555094_10151628301885719_776530104_n.jpg

"Coming late August"

should I buy a frame now or should I w8 for the new rune model?
What would the differences be?

|