Need advice ASAP on 2 bikes to choose from

Related:
Create New Tag

11/16/2017 9:04 PM

What's up guys, I'm 5ft 10 and will be riding street. I am a beginner when it comes to tricks and did some research.

I've narrowed it down to 2 bikes and cannot decide on one or the other and need some help to make my purchase.

First Choice: Cult Gateway 2017 (Black/Red) - £359.99 | | RRP: £399.99
Photo

Second Choice: WeThePeople Arcade 2018 - £399.99 | | RRP: £499.99
Photo

I'm going to be ordering one today (17th) for definite

Thanks in advance, Guys!

|

11/17/2017 12:11 AM

The cult is better on paper. But for 450 you can get a fit with full chromoly frame and forks. Check out source bmx, pretty much every bike from £450 has a full chromoly frame and forks, for only £50 more than the wtp it'll be worth it. Find a bike on source that you like, then see if you can find it discounted somewhere else.

|

11/17/2017 12:12 AM

Personally I wouldn't go with either but if you MUST chose between the two I'd go with the cult but if I were you I'd try to look for something with a full chromoly frame because those tend to last longer and not snap as easily when you start doing drops and flyouts. Hoffman bama, Eastern shovelhead are a couple good options but there are a few more.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/17/2017 12:29 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The cult is better on paper. But for 450 you can get a fit with full chromoly frame and forks. Check out source bmx, pretty ...more

Yea that was the only thing I forgot to mention was price range. I originally was looking at bikes around £300-320 but saving up that little extra a £400 bike instead will be much nicer. As I said I'm a beginner so I don't think investing in full chromoloy right now is worth it for what I'm trying to do.

|

11/17/2017 12:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/17/2017 12:43 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

The cult is better on paper. But for 450 you can get a fit with full chromoly frame and forks. Check out source bmx, pretty ...more

Kirbayy wrote:

Yea that was the only thing I forgot to mention was price range. I originally was looking at bikes around 300-320 but saving ...more

It could be worth it in the long run because frames are expensive and depending on your financial situation it could put you out of riding for months if something goes bad. But if you do chose one of these options I'd suggest saving for a new frame after a few months just in cast something bends or snaps

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

11/17/2017 12:47 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Kirbayy wrote:

Yea that was the only thing I forgot to mention was price range. I originally was looking at bikes around 300-320 but saving ...more

GCBMX69 wrote:

It could be worth it in the long run because frames are expensive and depending on your financial situation it could put you ...more

Yea very true. I'll just go for the Cult then as I won't be going crazy on flairs or mad tricks for quite a few years yet as I don't have any skateparks indoors or outdoors where I live or even close by.

|

11/17/2017 4:44 AM

Here goes the "pitch":

Check into Eastern Bikes: http://www.easternbikes.com/dd_Bikes/2018-BMX

In their 2018 lineup, they have several full-chromo frames starting at $369 (Traildigger). While it isn't a full chromo EVERYTHING, it at least has the full chromoly frame to build off of. The parts list is also pretty impressive. & since you are a noob, you shouldn't put too much stress to damage the hi-tens forks or bars for a while. Those parts are also pretty darn cheap to upgrade later.

|

11/18/2017 10:40 AM

Was waiting to see mishin throw the pitch grin the KINK whip is full chromoly frame,bars,and fork, only 400 US

|

11/18/2017 10:45 AM

Just got back today. I ended up just going with the Cult Gateway 2017. Here's a pic. It's amazing! I love it

Photo

|

11/18/2017 11:17 AM

Good luck, any bike is better then no bike, shred what you got

|

11/18/2017 11:18 AM

Manny Perez wrote:

Good luck, any bike is better then no bike, shred what you got

Exactly! Thanks man. Appreciate that. Not everything needs to be the best of the best

|

11/18/2017 11:21 AM

As long as you have fun is what counts! Just save up some dough in case you break/bend something Like GC recommended.

|

11/18/2017 1:12 PM

Kirbayy wrote:

Just got back today. I ended up just going with the Cult Gateway 2017. Here's a pic. It's amazing! I love it

Photo

Looks sick!

|

Hmmm

11/19/2017 8:19 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Here goes the "pitch":

Check into Eastern Bikes: http://www.easternbikes.com/dd_Bikes/2018-BMX

In their 2018 lineup, they ...more

Lol I always wait for it.

Dont feel guilty for pointing someone in a good direction.

wink

|

11/19/2017 8:19 PM

Kirbayy wrote:

Photo

Looks good!

Cool color scheme

|