Need help!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/6/2016 5:55 AM

Hey guys, new to the forum and not ridden bmx for a looooong time. I'm hoping someone can help.

I used to ride every day when I was younger for about 5 years but stopped for one reason or another. So I recently got my bike out of the garage and wanted to clean it up to start riding again but the thing is looking rough! I stripped it down and rebuilt it trying to make the best of what I had but I'm having real trouble with the drive side of things. I'm running an old, and I mean OLD, primo pro cassette hub. Before the mix was released but it's exactly what I need but it runs like shit. It needs new pawls and springs for sure and possibly new bearings. Would anyone have any idea where I could order these? in the UK ideally ? Do you know will the mix / remix pawls & spring fit? The bearings should do for now but I want to get back out on it.

Also I'm sure I'm running rhd cranks (donated from a friend) on a lhd. Is thus going to cause me issues?

Hoping someone can help

Mike

|

8/6/2016 8:10 AM

Seeing as it's not working anyway, take the driver off to see what the springs and pawls are looking like. It might just need a good clean up. And you'll be able to compare them to the newer ones.
As for the bearings, yeah you'll be able to get them no trouble. Measure the width, inside diameter, and outside diameter and any bearing supplier should have them in stock for a couple of quid. You could probably find them on ebay too. Much cheaper than buying a "branded" bearing but exactly the same thing

|

8/6/2016 8:16 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Seeing as it's not working anyway, take the driver off to see what the springs and pawls are looking like. It might just need a good clean up. And you'll be able to compare them to the newer ones.
As for the bearings, yeah you'll be able to get them no trouble. Measure the width, inside diameter, and outside diameter and any bearing supplier should have them in stock for a couple of quid. You could probably find them on ebay too. Much cheaper than buying a "branded" bearing but exactly the same thing

Thanks for the reply mate! Appreciate the input. The springs and pawls appear to be the same but that's just by looking at them. Might just take the plunge and order some. Trying to keep the budget low though as I definately need a new chain and sprocket & potentially cranks!

Thanks again for the help

|