Need help...

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2018 5:58 PM

Ok, so I have a 2010 eastern scythe and i got it used. It started to squeaking in the bottom bracket/crank area and I didn`t really mind but as time went on it got louder and started to annoy me. I took the cranks and sprocket off and then put them back on, it stopped squeaking/clicking for a couple days and started again. So I brought it to my local bike shop to be fixed and after a couple days of getting it back it started again so I brought it back. They replaced the bottom bracket with an eclat bottom bracket. I rode it again for a little bit and it started again. I don't want to go back to the bike shop for the third time to waste money and my bike will never actually be fixed. I need to know what is wrong with the bike and how to fix it.
Thank you

|

7/24/2018 6:15 PM

I know exactly what’s wrong, your bike squeaks. The reason it squeaks is because it squeaks.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/24/2018 7:36 PM

Did you grease the crank splines? Or the spindle? Or the bolts?

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/24/2018 8:23 PM

Grease your whole drivetrain, as in, chain, sprocket, and rear tooth cog. Your driveline might be off, as t will do this even if it’s slight, though slight isn’t going to hurt anything. Hell, my bike squeaks too lol.
If that doesn’t work, then you probably have a rough spot in your bearings. If you already have a rough spot in your bearings then you are abusing your bike too hard or you are heavy like I am (not fat necessarily, I’m pretty fit and I weigh 250 due to my height). If either is true then you’ll unfortunately have to deal with it or replace your bb every couple of days.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

7/25/2018 12:47 AM

Could be literally any part of your bike. A slightly loose stem bolt will make your stem creak and the sound will resonate through your frame (especially since you pull and push on your bars as you pedal) and will sound like it's coming from the BB area. Ask the shop to find the squeak, then if they don't you can take it back and they'll have to do any more work for free (as you've paid them for a job they haven't done). Or, strip your bike, clean everything, and rebuild. Grease everything that should be greased. It could be pedal threads, dry chain, slightly loose or dry headset etc etc etc. Don't put grease on your chain, it'll wear out a lot quicker. Clean it, and use chain lube. And wipe off any excess

|

7/25/2018 3:02 AM

You should hear my bike

|

7/25/2018 4:03 AM

Take it all apart and re-grease everything yourself.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

10/4/2018 6:51 PM

Thanks, I`ll try greasing it sooner or later

|