Need help choosing a bike for my 12yo

Related:
Create New Tag

11/27/2016 4:57 PM

We recently picked up 2010 eastern desist and wanted to fix it up for our 12yo son. We Upgraded to hoder handle bars, odyssey stem, odi grips, new upgraded seat and odyssey evo 2 brakes. Needless to say when all said and done we spend about what an entry level bike would be so now I'm torn. What in the end is a better bike the one we put together or a stock fitbike co long 1 which I can get on sale for about $320.00. He's just getting into bmx bikes because that's what all his friends have so not sure he'll appreciate the upgrades parts but is a new bike better?Photo

Photo

|

11/27/2016 4:58 PM

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

11/27/2016 6:18 PM

If the bike you have now works, it's the better bike. If he's happy to ride it and it fits him, let him ride it and keep saving coin for the next bike.

Also, you and dad should get bikes too. smile

|

11/27/2016 8:28 PM

word...I wish I could ge my fiance into BMX...then we could all ride. Her son and I already do.

AS far as your question, what pnj said is pretty much it...especially since you already sink the money into the upgrade parts. The Fitbike you mentioned most likely has a Hi Tensile steel frame, and your current bike is...according to all the info i could find, a full Chromoly frame and fork...which is EXACTLY what you want.to have in a BMX..sealed bearings everywhere...which is EXACTLY what you want.to have in a BMX...double walled rims...again EXACTLY what you want

looks like you got a steal!!!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence