Need help deciding between two bikes (craigslist) *pics*

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2014 11:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2014 11:03 AM

So I've been scouring craigslist for a bike and have it down to two, but I can't seem to decide. I'm looking for whatever thoughts you have.

Obviously I think the federal frame is probably higher quality, but they both have good parts, no rust, and the verde is supposed to be super light (I'm not that strong and am a self-proclaimed weight weenie). I don't do any crazy gaps or drops, just light street and some park, so I'm not too worried about snapping anything.

What would you go with? And what do you think is a fair price for them? (I'll say that the verde is listed for cheaper)

First one:

Verde radia frame
Fiend bars and stem
Stolen forks
Odyssey front rim laced to a profile hub
Alienation back rim laced to a profile hub
GDH profile cranks and a profile sprocket

It's the green one

http://i.imgur.com/TwdGEz7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sUoLcTX.jpg

Second bike:

Federal Impala Frame
Perfect 10 bars
Profile cranks
Profile back hub
Kink forks
Primo front hub
I forget what the sprocket and rims were

http://i.imgur.com/5nNocaw.jpg

|

5/28/2014 11:13 AM

Go ride them and see how they feel before you purchase, then make an offer.

|

5/28/2014 11:18 AM

Rustypdxbmx wrote:

Problem is they are both pretty far drives away, in opposite directions (like 2 hours-ish). That's a hell of a lot of driving.

|

5/28/2014 11:28 AM

Rustypdxbmx wrote:

CrumbsInTheBed wrote:

Problem is they are both pretty far drives away, in opposite directions (like 2 hours-ish). That's a hell of a lot of driving.

Hmm, well that's a tough one for you then. If you're research has narrowed it down to just those two bikes, then you'll have to choose. Since you mentioned you are light, weight wise, and you're not concerned about breaking parts, either of the two would probably work for you.

|

5/28/2014 12:22 PM

both are solid builds. both frames full cromo. it comes down to which you would prefer to ride

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

5/29/2014 2:44 AM

it all depends on the geos you prefer and such man...

personally I would go for the first one. just because I hate perfect tens. im not taller than 6 foot 6 inches, so I don't need that shit

but if it weren't for those bars I would go with the second one...

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

5/29/2014 8:27 AM

They both seem real nice.

|

5/29/2014 8:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/29/2014 8:39 AM

At least FBMbmxr isn't here to throw in his two cents.

I like the color on the Verde, but really, they're both decent.

|

I haven't rode in forever so I suck and I have 2 Hondas. Follow me on Instagram @softtop2k.417