Need help for getting new parts !!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/14/2015 12:56 PM

First, my english is not very well, sorry for mistakes.

I have a few questions to bmx riders ! smile

1- I gonna get new tires. What should I do? Why front and rear wheels not same? Whats the different. Can someone explain?

2- I'm 5'11 (1.81 meters) and I was riding 8.25 bars, and I was really hating it. It was too small. Now, Im gonna get 9' Bars. You think how much be effective new bars at bunny hop, fakie, and riding. I realy cant wait for get new bars.. smile) Because 8.25 is just bullshit for me..

3- How many should be tire pressure? Any tips for this?

4- I gonna get new stem? There are topload, frontload settings.. What should I choose? Is it important?

5- Thanks a lot for answers, helps. Have a nice day, ride safe! smile) (REALLY I'M SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH GUYS..)

|

2/14/2015 1:00 PM

1. Knobbier big tire up front for grip, smaller smoother tire in the back for speed. I'm running a 2.35 knobby Aitken in the front and a 2.1 Kink Vela in the rear and its super fast and grips on everything. Best setup I've ridden.

2. Your bike will be twiticher and your hops will most likely get lower with bigger bars. Your current bars aren't too small, you just want to follow trends.

3. 80 in the back for speed and safety on drops, 60 up front for less strain on the wrists.

4. Topload. It allows you to run smaller bars to get the same rise, and smaller bars are stronger, lighter, and they slip less.

|

2/14/2015 1:37 PM

you can always play with your headset spacers to dial in your total height. or flip the stem, try some of that after your new bars to see what direction you want to go with your stem.

tires? what do you like to ride?

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/14/2015 2:53 PM

I'm your height and I run 9.2 ride bars with a top load and it feels really nice. I'd get something similar if you don't want to be too hunched over

|

2/14/2015 4:10 PM

1. The front and rear tires do not need to be different. A wider tire is for more traction and the thinner tire will be faster. So a wider tire in the front and a thinner tire in the back would be good. I use the 2.4 Odyssey Chase Hawk tire in the front and 2.1 Maxxis Miracle in the back. allot of people say 2.4 inched is too sluggish but i like it :D

2. Like XxohioanxX said, you do not really need bigger bars. If you are uncomfortable on your bike, maybe the top tube length is too short. with 9'' bars, you will get less feeling from the bike. You will understand when you try them.

3. I try to keep my tire pressure at 90PSI.(~620 kPa) to make my bike go FAST!! Lower psi if you want less speed and more cushion.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

bought from: Mario.villegas90, robinson79
[b]

2/14/2015 6:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/14/2015 6:21 PM

110 psi tires and s&m hoder bars

|

2/14/2015 7:29 PM

Around 8.5 is a nice size for that height IMO if you have a decent front end height otherwise

|

Instagram

Refs:tomdon x4,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

2/15/2015 12:05 PM

eskimojay wrote:

110 psi tires and s&m hoder bars

berserk

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

2/16/2015 11:47 AM

dkTechEthan wrote:

you can always play with your headset spacers to dial in your total height. or flip the stem, try some of that after your new ...more

I ride streets a lot, and a little park

%70 street %30 park .. smile

|

2/16/2015 11:51 AM

There are tires i can buy, whats your ideas guys? Check out and give me a idea smile

http://www.darkside.com.tr/23-dis-lastik

|

2/16/2015 12:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/16/2015 12:47 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

1. Knobbier big tire up front for grip, smaller smoother tire in the back for speed. I'm running a 2.35 knobby Aitken in the ...more

Bigger bars will not make a bike twitchier, its makes it more stable., Bigger bars are not a trend, they were designed for a purpose and WORK! Youre gonna tell me Sam from Tree as well as many others only made bigger bars to fit in with a trend rather then function and reliability?

Words for Sam himself

WHY MAKE THIS PART?

One day I was thinking how most riders have adult sized bodies and we are riding a BMX bike designed for children. I designed some 8.5”, 9”, and 9.5” tall prototype bars. I’m 6’1” tall, I tested the 9.5” bars and the instant I rode them it felt so good. I had so much control over the bike I could make it do whatever I want. So we decided to produce these!

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS PART?

As bikes get lighter and lighter bigger bars have becoming more popular. Taller and wider bars slow down the movements made by the rider which makes the bike feel more stable and in control, while at the same time giving the rider more leverage to throw the bike around.

As for trends, many can say you only ride a topload to follow trends. Just because a bar is smaller does nor make it lighter or stronger. Theres 10inch rise bars which weigh less then 8.5, all together the weight difference is not going to be that noticable unless you are riding something like S&M straight gauge bars. As for slipping, goodluck! If taller bars failed as to all your beliefs , people wouldnt being riding them on the regular. So many reviews show riders that have gone from a smaller bar to bigger will rave how much better they feel and will never go back smaller,

Im sure your bar?stem setup has your bars around a 9inch rise height, which would be the same if the OP bought 9 rise bars and had a frontload. I dont know why you feel everyone should be riding the same size setups, its clear we all arent the same height/size.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/16/2015 12:47 PM

dkTechEthan wrote:

you can always play with your headset spacers to dial in your total height. or flip the stem, try some of that after your new ...more

This is excellent advice, you can try this now with your setup to feel what a higher rise would be like and if liked, definitely get the bigger bars.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/16/2015 3:36 PM

Borntorideridetodie wrote:

There are tires i can buy, whats your ideas guys? Check out and give me a idea smile

http://www.darkside.com.tr/23-dis-lastik

Chase hawk 2.4 in the front. I don't know witch of those tires are good for rear.

|

please embed videos

My art c:

[b]

2/16/2015 5:50 PM

odyssey path in front, hawk in the back, take the front at 75 the rear at 95

also mount the rear hawk tire 2.20 backwards.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

2/20/2015 7:45 AM

first of all i am 5,4 and i run 9 inch rise and a topload stem and i love it.
If you ride only street and park then get chase hawk tires in 2.4. I usually run 100 psi in the back and 80 in the front. Unless im doing a roofdrop or big stairset. I would definantly get a top load stem but it doesnt really matter what brand IMO.

|

Adam LZ is love and life