Need help sticky cranks!

Related:
Create New Tag

2/26/2020 10:03 AM

My cranks are sticky when i pedal they are fine when i pedal them to the bottom but when the crank arm faces up it gets stiff and makes a rubbing noise its still rideable but its rlly annoying

|

2/26/2020 11:37 AM

I have had that when my chain was to tight or my bolts were loose

|

2/26/2020 11:40 AM

Does it happen with the chain removed from the sprocket?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2020 1:59 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Does it happen with the chain removed from the sprocket?

No I haven’t tired yet thx I will

|

2/27/2020 2:01 PM

BmxInTheUsa wrote:

I have had that when my chain was to tight or my bolts were loose

Idk if it’s the same I can feel and hear a rubbing sound went I pedal it gets stiff and then unstiff but I think it’s definitely from my cracks bb or sprocket

|

2/27/2020 6:00 PM

maybe your bottom bracket or spindle and cranks need cleaned and regreased.

|

2/27/2020 6:01 PM

if that doesnt help tell me for it might be your bb bearings and i know how to help with that

|

2/27/2020 6:38 PM

BmxInTheUsa wrote:

maybe your bottom bracket or spindle and cranks need cleaned and regreased.

First step is to eliminate as many possible causes as possible. There's no sense in just blindly trying to fix it; that way they'll end up fixing it until it's actually broken. They should start by removing the chain, to try and isolate the issue to the bottom bracket/cranks/sprocket area or the rear hub. smile

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/27/2020 6:58 PM

good tip p1p1092

|

2/27/2020 6:59 PM

Then you should be able to isolated the place of the problem without needlessly taking things apart.

|