Need help with a new bike

Related:
Create New Tag

8/18/2016 2:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2016 3:01 PM

So I wanted to save up for a new bike, my budget is maximum $1000. I look at two completes, the first one is a we the people crisis http://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=13917
Or a Sunday ex Chris childs bike http://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=14205
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to buy one of those bikes the slowly start upgrading parts or just start buying parts slowly building a bike. I would also like to know what the first thing to upgrade/get for the bike would be
I've never rode BMX but would like to try, thanks in advance, Doug

|

8/18/2016 3:45 PM

either one will be more than enough especially if youve never ridden bmx before so dont worry about having to upgrade for now

|

8/18/2016 3:47 PM

There's a poop ton of bikes out there within that budget, which means you can get something that will really suit what you want to do with it.
What kind of riding will you mostly be doing?
How tall are you?
A lot of things will be personal preference, but you won't find out what you like until you've tried a few different things, or ridden a bike for a while and can think about what you'd like to change. If you get a bike like either of those it will leave you with some spare cash to change things to suit you a little better. But your options certainly won't be limited

|

8/18/2016 4:38 PM

I am 510ish and I want to ride park and some street, if you Google Chatham Kent Ontario skatepark and look at the park I ride at, you can see what I deal with. Thanks for the replies guys

|

8/18/2016 8:14 PM

Yep...with that budget, the sky is the limit for sure! Take your time to research. You could probably get something top notch, and have $2-300 left over for some other things you will need...like a HELMET for sure and tools to keep it running....and some cool shirts

Wish I had half of that to spend!!!

Makes sure to get FULL CHROMOLY frame, fork, bars, cranks, pedal axels; sealed bearings in the hubs and bottom bracket; double walled rims. You want the structural skeleton to be the strongest. You will NO DOUBT be able to get all of that with your budget. To me, anything after this stuff is just eye-candy....

Keep us in the loop!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

8/18/2016 9:08 PM

Well sXeBMXer, you seem to know what your talking about so what is a good complete? I was looking at this for sure http://www.3ride.com/v2/detail/?itemID=14206
Thanks in advance, Doug

|

8/18/2016 11:21 PM

That's a solid bike

|

8/19/2016 2:01 AM

So get that asap?

|

8/19/2016 3:19 AM

Yeah. I mean, the only thing I'd have a concern about would be the toptube length. You might be more comfortable on a 21" but plenty of people your height ride a 20.75. And that's the kind of thing you won't know until you've had some time on the bike anyway. The exact same could be said about bar height, that would be too tall for me, but again it's personal preference and there's people shorter than you that ride bigger bars. Everything else is dialled

|

8/19/2016 4:04 AM

im taller than you and ride a 20.4" tt so its really personal preference

|

ride bikes, have fun

STRAIGHT OUTTA STRAYA

8/19/2016 6:10 AM

I'm saving up for the We The People Curse 2016 bike. It looks good for $400. I only need $253 more. Nice bike choices bro

|

8/19/2016 9:11 AM

Thanks for all the help, I'll be getting paid next week on Friday so I should order it from Toronto then. Any southern Ontario bmxers?

|

8/19/2016 1:49 PM

Dou8ble_D wrote:

Thanks for all the help, I'll be getting paid next week on Friday so I should order it from Toronto then. Any southern Ontario ...more

No way. I too am from chatham ontario. Can't believe that another person around here is on vital. I also ride that skatepark all the time. You cannot go wrong with a sunday.

|

8/19/2016 2:03 PM

You got Facebook RIDEboarder?

|

8/19/2016 2:26 PM

No I don't. I have instagram though. connorbmx_99

|

8/20/2016 9:46 AM

Yeah...that is a pretty sweet bike. I love the raw thing for sure, and you can't do wrong with a Sunday....as some have mentioned above, also make sure that the geometry fits you....

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence