Need help with dans

Related:
Create New Tag

8/29/2016 5:22 PM

Out of all the brands of bmx on danscomp, which ones are the best (so far im liking fit, cult, wtp) im buying a new bike

|

8/29/2016 11:47 PM

Do you mean for aftermarket parts, or complete bikes? Complete bikes are all very similar, if 2 bikes cost $400 chances are they'll be pretty much the same, one may have fully sealed bearings throughout but not be full chromoly, or vice versa, but generally the quality will be the same. You get what you pay for in this game

|

8/30/2016 1:54 AM

Personally I love Verde and Salt.

|

8/30/2016 6:13 AM

Verde is my #1 choice.

After that, probably Sunday and WeThePeople. Not that I dislike the other brands I guess, bit these just always "spoke" the loudest when I was looking

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

8/30/2016 6:52 AM

Make sure you get a LHD if you grind on the right side. Look for full chromo

|

8/30/2016 8:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2016 8:33 AM

to add on to what ropez said....on the ground level, what it is made of is more important than company when getting a complete. Especially since all completes are "made the same" in the given price ranges...

Full chromo frame, fork, bars and pedal axels are #1;
sealed bearings in the hubs and BB is 2nd;
double walled rims are third

to me, after these things, everything else is just eye candy.

When I was searching, I narrowed it down to:
1. Verde Luxe
2. WeThePeople Trust
3. Hoffman 'Bama.

The 'Bama was the cheapest with all of the above requirements. Some of the other parts are sub-standard, but in the same way, these are parts you can replace with good parts as they break. You get a full Chromo skeleton for under $400

I am going with the Verde for more of the "eye candy" reasons. As a complete, it has a TON of awesome parts along with the Big 3 that I mentioned, and they are made a mile from where I live, so I get to "support local" in a way

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

8/30/2016 4:21 PM

Psycho_Jon831 wrote:

Out of all the brands of bmx on danscomp, which ones are the best (so far im liking fit, cult, wtp) im buying a new bike

I've been watching the sunday ex plus

|

8/31/2016 9:05 AM

I bought a 2016 wtp trust this past March and I love it. The only big issue I've had was that I bent the forks pretty severely about 3 in which I had to replace. You can also switch the cassette from rhd to lhd which was a plus. If you have the money I recommend building a bike. I've upgraded every part but the cranks at this point and I can tell you that there is a HUGE difference between the stock parts on a complete and quality custom parts. Either way if you're just getting into Bmx like I was at the time than a complete will do the job.

|

8/31/2016 1:32 PM

Just go aftermarket s&m & shadow

|

8/31/2016 2:25 PM

pretty sure Verde is made in Taiwan.

Headquartered in the USA but nothing is made here. I may be wrong...

*nothing wrong with Taiwan made stuff, just sayin'.. smile

|

8/31/2016 6:46 PM

it wouldn't surprise me that the complete frames are made in Taiwan, but I think the aftermarket are made in the warehouse. Might be using overseas Chromoly, but I think they are welded and put together in the shop. I will soon find out as I plan on heading down there in the next few days just to see wha tis going on. I am going down with the LBS guy who I deal with. I wanted to go a few weeks ago when Tony Neyer was at the warehouse, but I had to work...

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

9/2/2016 1:42 AM

Pretty sure they don't weld their own frames.

but go down there and find out. then report back. smile

|

9/2/2016 5:39 AM

Verde Vex 2015 model I just bought and I love it! Paid $400 for it at a local small shop here in Ohio. It looks and rides awesome!

|

9/2/2016 5:51 AM

Verde aren't American made. If they were the price would reflect that. There's nothing wrong with Taiwanese made. But it's a lot cheaper!

Within a certain price bracket, complete bikes are much the same. Small differences in geometry, and some components is about it. They could all be made in the same factory, just with different logo's, for all the difference it really makes

|

9/3/2016 6:39 PM

s&m
total
fit
colony

|

9/3/2016 6:47 PM

VERDE!! This is mine!! Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/3/2016 7:02 PM

Wtp, s&m, Odyssey, animal, shadow, demolition, profile, bonedeath pretty much built all my bikes. It's all the same in my opinion coming from a 46 years old who has seen the changes over the years. If you have a lot of money (1000+) do your research and build your own. If not go with frame you like then change out parts as needed. I ride with people that have cheap bikes and can kill it. I suggest a 300 to 500 bike to start. It's the rider not the bike. Both of my bikes are over $1400 only because I had the cash to spend. Definitely didn't make be a better rider. Get what looks good to you at a price you can afford. Then ride your ass off.

|

9/3/2016 7:04 PM

BMX4LIFER wrote:

VERDE!! This is mine!! Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

That's an f'n beauty! Check out my bike check post of my Verde!

|

9/3/2016 7:10 PM

T-MAN05 wrote:

That's an f'n beauty! Check out my bike check post of my Verde!

Thanks So Much!!!!!!!!!

|