Need help with new seat!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/6/2018 5:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2018 5:43 PM

Hey whats up everyone? Just joined and I am a newb to the bmx world. I picked up this Stolen Stereo for almost nothing and love the bike, but since I also use it to get around my area I sit often and the seat that is on it is super small and killing me! lol. I want to get a new seat and looking at few different ones but not sure what to get. I want something that is going to be wider than what I have and some cushion so its comfortable. I attache a pic of my bike and the seats I am looking at please help me pick 1! Any 1 tht has 1 of these seats that could provide feedback on it would be awesome!! Thanks!Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

4/6/2018 6:16 PM

Photo
|

4/6/2018 6:19 PM

jbales wrote: Photo

YAAAAAAAAAAS!

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/6/2018 6:25 PM

Lmao no thx. Like I did I want it to still look good. Im think 1 of the 1s I posted or something similar if u or anyone had recommendations

|

4/6/2018 6:30 PM

Why not get used to standing? It's far better for you and it's how the bike was intended to be used(otherwise the standover would be taller). If you're cycling sitting down on that, you will ruin your knees. Most people spend most of the day, every day sitting down, whether they're at work or driving or any of a million other reasons and it's been proven to be quite unhealthy. Not to be a prick or anything, but I'd say to get up off your ass and shred it rather than essentially using it as a beach cruiser...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/6/2018 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/6/2018 6:39 PM

Most fat/mid seats are the same base and foam. Just a different covering and logo. I've had a go on the Cult Ricany Tiger and it's about as comfy as BMX seats go. Whatever seat you get, you'll need a seat post of the same mounting method, as your current one is a combo.

Edit: What the Irish dude said is your best bet.

|

4/6/2018 6:48 PM

Photo

|

4/6/2018 7:09 PM

^^^ Fuck Yea .... ^^^

|

4/6/2018 8:59 PM

sean_gillis wrote: Photo

As comfortable as it gets right there

|

4/7/2018 1:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/7/2018 1:31 AM

I have the eclat one and it is comfy as far as bmx seats go. But I would recommend this
http://www.treebicycleco.com/parts/seating/fat-ergo-seat-2/.
Edit: I'm not sure about the availability of these in shops but you can go to the big cartel shop they have linked in their Instagram bio, to buy straight from there.

|

Hmmm

4/7/2018 1:30 AM

Also, if you do choose to buy a pivotal seat, you'll need a new seatpost as well. That is, unless you buy a tripod seat that has one already fitted.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/7/2018 10:03 AM

readybmxer wrote:

Also, if you do choose to buy a pivotal seat, you'll need a new seatpost as well. That is, unless you buy a tripod seat that ...more

I believe it's a combo. He'll need a new one either way.

|

4/7/2018 10:18 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Why not get used to standing? It's far better for you and it's how the bike was intended to be used(otherwise the standover ...more

This.

Also, no bmx seat will be comfy enough to sit and pedal.
Last, as Sheldon once said, softer isn't better.

|

4/7/2018 12:37 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Why not get used to standing? It's far better for you and it's how the bike was intended to be used(otherwise the standover ...more

am-shaegar wrote:

This.

Also, no bmx seat will be comfy enough to sit and pedal.
Last, as Sheldon once said, softer isn't better.

I beg to differ http://flatlandfuel.com/harodesigns1987seat.aspx

|

It’s all bmx