Need help with parts list.

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2013 10:36 AM

Just got my 2013 wtp trust (Stock), and I think I would like to add a gyro, some hub guards, and maybe new pedals. The bike isn't together yet, so I figured now would be a good time to install everything instead of taking things back apart in a week. Also, I want to make sure I get everything in one order, because I don't want to pay shipping more than once.

I was thinking about going for the snafu mobeus, but I'm not sure if I would need anything with it. A new lever wouldn't be super expensive, and it looks like some come with the upper cables... like this one:
http://www.albes.com/odysseym2levertrigger.aspx
Is there anything else I would need? Also, is there a diy for the install that someone could point me to somewhere?

Then, hub guards... I was thinking about these:
http://www.albes.com/eclat-dynamic-front-hub-guard.aspx
http://www.albes.com/eclat-dynamic-rear-hub-guard.aspx
http://www.albes.com/daily-grind-drive-side-hub-guard.aspx

Will all these fit?

Last thing... I might order some pedals... and I know it's mostly personal preference... but do most people like the replaceable/removable spikes or not? I was thinking about these:
http://www.albes.com/animalstevenhamiltonpedals.aspx

|

6/3/2013 3:37 PM

I don't know about brakes for sure but as for the hubguards, do some research and try to buy more universal hubguards like an FBM, Shadow, or Primo. A rear FBM or Primo DSG or cheap GSport Gland will pretty much almost never fail people. And for pedals, if you tend to somewhat wear down pins way too quick, then yes, get replaceable pins, which will kill your knees, shin, etc. but it's worth it in the long run.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

6/3/2013 3:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2013 3:55 PM

what side do you grind on?
and these are better then the animal. http://www.albes.com/odysseyjcpcpedals.aspx

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

6/3/2013 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2013 4:53 PM

As for the gyro, I'm also getting a gyro setup.

Here's everything you need for a dual cable setup, and what I'll be running:

-Odyssey M2 lever and upper cable
-Cheapest upper plate you can find
-Snafu Mobeus detangler
-Gyro tabs
-Two v-brake noodles (Optional, someone on another forum said they increase stiffness and smoothness)
-Two Odyssey Slic cables
-Odyssey London Mod
-Brake of your choice (I use Demolition Vulcan V2)
-Good pads (Fly, Odyssey, or Kool-Stop. I use Odyssey on the back, Fly in the front)

And hub guards, you need universal guards. A GLAND in the front and a Daily Grind in the rear will be your best options. The Daily Grind also makes what I expect to be the best drive-side guard, so get that if you need too.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm willing to bet the Dynamic guards will not work on your hubs. I know for sure the front won't.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/3/2013 10:38 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

-Snafu Mobeus detangler
-Gyro tabs
-Two v-brake noodles (Optional, someone on another forum said they increase stiffness and smoothness)
-Two Odyssey Slic cables
-Odyssey London Mod
-Good pads (Fly, Odyssey, or Kool-Stop. I use Odyssey on the back, Fly in the front)

And hub guards, you need universal guards. A GLAND in the front and a Daily Grind in the rear will be your best options. The Daily Grind also makes what I expect to be the best drive-side guard, so get that if you need too.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm willing to bet the Dynamic guards will not work on your hubs. I know for sure the front won't.

Do you know if Linear Cables work well for Front Brakes? Because I ordered one yesterday but someone told me today that it won't work well.

|

6/3/2013 10:44 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Do you know if Linear Cables work well for Front Brakes? Because I ordered one yesterday but someone told me today that it won't work well.

Nope. The linear cables are too stiff for the tight bend at the bottom of the steerer tube. Gotta use a slic cable.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

6/3/2013 10:49 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

-Snafu Mobeus detangler
-Gyro tabs
-Two Odyssey Slic cables
-Odyssey London Mod

BMX_Forever wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Nope. The linear cables are too stiff for the tight bend at the bottom of the steerer tube. Gotta use a slic cable.

I thought they were less stiff though?

|

6/3/2013 10:54 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

I'm no expert on brake cables, haha, I just know they can't make the bend on the bottom. Took some convincing to get my slic cable to do it right.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

6/3/2013 10:56 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

I'm no expert on brake cables, haha, I just know they can't make the bend on the bottom. Took some convincing to get my slic cable to do it right.

Yeah okay, looks like I'll have to change my order then. Is it the 1.8mm or the 1.5 I will need for the front?

|

6/3/2013 10:59 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Yeah okay, looks like I'll have to change my order then. Is it the 1.8mm or the 1.5 I will need for the front?

Pretty sure it's 1.5mm.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴

6/4/2013 7:49 AM

feeble_to_face wrote:

what side do you grind on?
and these are better then the animal. http://www.albes.com/odysseyjcpcpedals.aspx

Usually left side (Non-drive side), but working on both. I was actually kinda looking at those ones too. Thanks

|

6/4/2013 7:50 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I don't know about brakes for sure but as for the hubguards, do some research and try to buy more universal hubguards like an FBM, Shadow, or Primo. A rear FBM or Primo DSG or cheap GSport Gland will pretty much almost never fail people. And for pedals, if you tend to somewhat wear down pins way too quick, then yes, get replaceable pins, which will kill your knees, shin, etc. but it's worth it in the long run.

I'll def check some of those out. Gracias.

|

6/4/2013 7:52 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

-Snafu Mobeus detangler
-Gyro tabs
-Two Odyssey Slic cables
-Odyssey London Mod

Awesome man. Thanks for the detailed response! Can't wait to get my order in!

|