Need help with sprocket

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2017 10:25 PM

Hi guys, i"m trying to build a new bmx (sort of) but i dont have enough money to get the hubs, and im gonna use a spare set of hubs (that are freewheel by the way), the question is. Will a 25t sprocket work with a 16t driver?

|

3/3/2017 10:30 PM

stevegomez wrote:

Hi guys, i"m trying to build a new bmx (sort of) but i dont have enough money to get the hubs, and im gonna use a spare set of ...more

It will work fine mechanically, but this gearing is horrible. 25t - 9t is a good range, the norm range. With your situation, there's only a 9 tooth difference between the two. In other words, when you go to pedal, you'll feel as if you've gone nowhere.

Imagine yourself on a bike with no chain. Now imagine yourself on that bike with no chain pedaling forwards at full speed. Have you gone far? smile

Alright, it's not that bad, but I think you get the idea.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/3/2017 10:31 PM

Yes but it will be an extremely low gearing like what trials riders use.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/3/2017 10:51 PM

Don't put it on man you can buy a MacNeil sprocket for less than 30$ with a code

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/3/2017 10:54 PM

Okay, thanks, i will get everything else and stick with the 36t old sprocket that i have, and wait until i can replace the other parts.

|

3/4/2017 2:11 AM

Even 36 is too small for a 16t freewheel. You want a 44t sprocket to get a decent gear

|

3/4/2017 5:08 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Even 36 is too small for a 16t freewheel. You want a 44t sprocket to get a decent gear

This exactly! You're going to go nowhere

|

3/4/2017 10:02 PM

25 to 9 gearing would be horrible , you'd be getting passed by scooter kids

|