Need opinions on tyre set up,

Related:
Create New Tag

2/17/2014 3:30 AM

I'm thinking of getting a pair of Fit FAF tyres, but I wasn't sure if I should get a whitewall one for the front and a normal blank one for the back? I like this look but I wasn't sure how other people would react? Help?

|

2/17/2014 3:46 AM

I was trying to picture that & My thought was....

White Up Front - Night Vision Out Back...

You have a White Wall in the Front & then like a White Stripe on the Rear Tyre, So it's not so (Pardon the Pun) Black & White.

|

2/17/2014 4:11 AM

Topsey wrote:

I was trying to picture that & My thought was....

White Up Front - Night Vision Out Back...

You have a White Wall in the ...more

I was thinking about night vision, are they any good? They're £15 more so I bloody hope they are.. What's kevlar got to do with tyres? I'm a noob at the moment, starting off.

|

2/17/2014 4:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2014 4:19 AM

You're paying for the Kevlar Bead, Not the Night Vision Strip btw.

The Kevlar Bead not only makes the Tyre significantly lighter, It makes it easier to install as they're soft & pliable! I Highly recommend Kevlar Bead Tyres! But that being said a lot of Wire Bead Tyres are waaaaaaaaaaaay easier to install than they were 10 Years ago! I wasn't looking forward to installing My Shadow Strada Tyres & they went on My Rims easier than Fucking Kevlar Bead Odyssey Aitkens! I'd HIGHLY Recommend Shadow Strada/Valor Tyres btw!

|

2/17/2014 4:29 AM

Topsey wrote:

You're paying for the Kevlar Bead, Not the Night Vision Strip btw.

The Kevlar Bead not only makes the Tyre significantly ...more

Oh ok, cheers for that! I looked up the Shadow Strada Tyres and they look absolutely mint! But they look a bit too slick for me, cheers though! You've been a massive help. I've just ordered a whitewall and a night vision, can't wait!

|

2/17/2014 4:55 AM

Quality! No worries for the help Mate, tis what I do!

|

2/17/2014 5:45 AM

Fafs are good. But 15$ more for the nigh visión is too much.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/17/2014 5:50 AM

T-rider wrote:

Fafs are good. But 15$ more for the nigh visión is too much.

£15 more is for the Kevlar Bead, not the Night Vision Side Wall btw.

|

2/17/2014 5:52 AM

Shit, i didnt read it.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

2/17/2014 6:11 AM

I had a FAF 2.25 for over a year and it still has 40-60% tread left and I NEVER once popped an innertube in it. Amazingly grippy too.

Make sure you get the 2.25 models though. The other thinner treads wore out super fast for me.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/17/2014 7:56 AM

Get them the FAFs are really good tires just get 2.25 though the treads alot better and i think the one white wall and one night vision will look pretty cool

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

2/17/2014 1:11 PM

Hawks tires are pretty good asswel.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER