Need some help or motivation xD

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2017 2:29 PM

Guys i've been riding for a few months and i feel so shitty because i try to do 180's and 360's but i can't get the logic of it, and where i'm from(Rio de Janeiro) there are basically no riders on the whole city due to expensive cost of the sport around here, i struggle even to do bunny hops(i know all the steps) but the bunny hops are getting higher and higher with time, but no 180's sad, feel bad mate cuz i'm on my 19's and riding alone a bmx is kinda funny here,everybody looks and asks for themselves: "What the fuck??". But i loved bmx since i was a little boy playing dave mirra and just started on bmx, any tips for me?? haha

|

4/2/2017 2:39 PM

Really,no bikers in Rio? huh....

|

4/2/2017 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2017 2:43 PM

Start with nollies.
Here: http://riders.co/en/bmx/hop-tricks/nollie-180-flat/#
A little hop in between is not obligatory

|

4/2/2017 4:35 PM

Danx777 wrote:

Guys i've been riding for a few months and i feel so shitty because i try to do 180's and 360's but i can't get the logic of ...more

watch a few youtube "how to 180/360 videos first, that will help give you the basic tips and ground rules, then go practice... after that you can do a youtube video of yourself trying them a few times and point guys on here to it, they can then tell you what you are or aren't doing right,

|

4/3/2017 5:10 AM

Danx777 wrote:

Guys i've been riding for a few months and i feel so shitty because i try to do 180's and 360's but i can't get the logic of ...more

Ta morando no Rio cara? Vc é Brasileiro? Passei uns 4anos em SP. continua praticando cara. Ninguem apprene em um mes ou um ano só.

|

4/3/2017 8:28 AM

OldDudeCruisingAroundDoingStuff wrote:

Start with nollies.

Thanks man, i started today the nolies training and this will help a lot, it helps me to find the logic of turning 180, already learned to spin the rear wheel 180 now is just finding balance xD

|

4/3/2017 8:28 AM

I am int he same boat in that it takes me longer to learn tricks than others. I know that part of it is me being too analytical, and a lso that I am more cautious since I have to pay for my own rehabilitation if I get hurt now. One thing that helps me stay motivated is to change where and how I practice stuff. I have been trying to get 180's off of a straight hop on flatland and it is not happening, so now I am going to try it out of jumps since my jumps are getting better. I figure if I can get the feel/mechanics there, I can then apply to flatland. Plus my bunnyhops need to get better/higher I think as well.

I am alos practicing fakies separate, and those are getting better. That motivates me a a lot! Just keep a variety of things going so you see many small improvements. Also, many of the fundamentals of the separate tricks are the same, and if your fundamentals get better, everything eventually will

Sean_Goff, feel free to translate smile !!!!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/3/2017 8:32 AM

Danx777 wrote:

Sean_Goff wrote:

Ta morando no Rio cara? Vc é Brasileiro? Passei uns 4anos em SP. continua praticando cara. Ninguem apprene em um mes ou um ano ...more

Iaee mano to sim morando no Rio, sou brasileiro mesmo, mas o tenso é que não tem muitos bmxers por aqui, conversando com um bem avançado, ele disse que no Rio a galera acaba indo para o skate porque é mais acessível e parece com o surf. "yes living in Rio, I'm Brazilian myself, but the hard thing is that there are not many bmxers around here, talking to a very advanced, he said that in Rio the guys end up going to the skate because it is more accessible and looks like the Surf"

|

4/3/2017 8:37 AM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I am int he same boat in that it takes me longer to learn tricks than others. I know that part of it is me being too ...more

Yeeesss exactly same thing here, too cautious, if i get hurt i'm fuck*d, i'm going to college now(here you normally don't live in campus) so i need to be analytical, also, i'm training my fakies on a bowl, it helps me to get the speed, and i feel i'm progressing with it, but it's hard to see people doing stuff on internet like there's no gravity huh hahaha peace bro!

|

4/3/2017 2:35 PM

OldDudeCruisingAroundDoingStuff wrote:

Start with nollies.

Danx777 wrote:

Thanks man, i started today the nolies training and this will help a lot, it helps me to find the logic of turning 180, ...more

Great to hear that. smile Progression happens suddenly ,but there's always little steps to it.
Logic of it as you said. 180/360 is nothing but a little twitch of a hand/handlebar and keeping body stiff until you land. Everything else pretty much happens by itself. Some guys need head turn,and bunch of stuff. It's really just a twitch.
Watch yourself and I hope there'll be some progression videos soon smile

|

4/3/2017 2:52 PM

Dave's little tutorial. This is part 1,there are 3 parts I think. the same way you learn nollies,he does 360s. He keeps his wheel on the ground when doing 360....... 180 hop ,rear wheel down, then another 180 out.
It's in the video somewhere...

|

4/3/2017 7:02 PM

Danx777 wrote:

Yeeesss exactly same thing here, too cautious, if i get hurt i'm fuck*d, i'm going to college now(here you normally don't live ...more

glad to hear you are in school! Tha tis the number one pathway to being able to ride later on in life!

As far as the internet goes, you never see the video of ALL of those guys failing. There is not ONE PERSON riding who just automatically did it. 90% of the time the internet is not a good barometer of reality. 10% of the time there is great advice.

Keep at it. In time, there will also be no gravity around you as well!!

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus

4/3/2017 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/3/2017 7:44 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

glad to hear you are in school! Tha tis the number one pathway to being able to ride later on in life!

As far as the internet ...more

This.

On the internet you see a lot of people airing out like 10 feet, doing crazy combos at height, etc. What you don't see, is the sheer amount of effort they put into it when they're learning to do so or how many times they failed before getting it. Don't compare yourself to other people, it'll drive you crazy.

Just set goals for yourself, if you don't reach them, ask yourself 'What am I doing wrong or what could I change that might help?'. If you do reach them, use the added confidence from that when you're working towards the next goal.

Be confident, not complacent. If you get complacent, 99% of the time you will hit the ground, HARD. Tell yourself that although whatever you're doing is by no means easy, it is within your ability and you will land it if you put in the work. Also, if you fully commit to something, it's very hard to get injured.

Last but most certainly not least, have fun! If you're not enjoying something, either you're doing it wrong or you're doing it for the wrong reasons. Figure out what your reason for doing anything is before doing it.

The above will work for many things outside BMX as well. Actually, now that I think about it, I just accidentally wrote the main points of just about any self-help book tongue.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/4/2017 4:51 AM

Thanks guys, the Dace mirra video is already on my cellphone haha, it will help a lot, and i think that's the way, having fun and doing what i like, i hope i reach a level of riding that surprises people and my friends later on :p, and it's true that the big riders on internet don't show the falling part and stuff, they put a lot of effort on their riding,but when i watched the videos like, for years, i thought bmx was really "easy" with a lot of time spent on it, well, i was so wrong, and i'm glad, because now i understand de difficulty of riding a bike

|

4/4/2017 5:08 AM

^^^yep. NOTHING is easy. To get pro, ANY activity takes years of analyzation and repping...with repping usually being the more directly important factor. Also, failure is the GREATEST teacher. It defines and outlines parameters, and then allows you to adjust and adapt to those parameters to learn how to expand them. Always remember that any riding is teaching you something...even just the ride to the area where you will "land" to do the session. Find fundamentals and work on them every where.

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
2015 Surly Krampus