Need some help, seat post is STUCK

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2014 11:20 AM

alright so my seat post is stuck in my frame, it is slammed and it's impossible to raise, it's a plastic post and it's like it's sealed in my bike. I tried kicking it and turning it, my brother (who is far stronger than me) tried and he could only get it up a mm and me and my father also tried and it wont budge.

anyone have any ideas on how to get the motherfucker out

|

11/2/2014 11:25 AM

1. blowtorch
2. new frame
3. liquid wrench
4. take an old seat, put it on and use it for leverage
those are your options

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/2/2014 11:36 AM

any other advice? Pretty sure the post isn't that long maybe 8 fingers

|

11/2/2014 11:38 AM

put the post in a vice then twist the frame.....probably wont work if its extremely stuck

|

Follow on instagram will follow back.
brandonmorris_

11/2/2014 11:49 AM

WD40
Unicorn jizz
lube the fuck out of the thing and pull that mofo out.

|

Bruh

11/2/2014 11:58 AM

taking off the seat and putting grease down the hole will do anything?

|

11/2/2014 12:18 PM

kaneBMX wrote:

taking off the seat and putting grease down the hole will do anything?

no

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

11/2/2014 12:25 PM

I'm gonna drown this fucker in WD40 tomorrow and take it to a car repair shop see what they can do because they have heavy duty tools

|

11/2/2014 1:21 PM

Pull the seat as hard as you can and it should work.
If don't, you can spread a little bit your frame (it´s easy with an integrated seatclamp).

|

11/2/2014 1:37 PM

Spray WD40 into the area where the seat post goes into the seat tube, let sit for a few minutes, then try again. If it still doesn't move, try WD40 some more.

Also, when you get it off, put a lick of grease on the seat post when you put it back in, or on your new seat post if you're getting a new one.

|

11/2/2014 1:39 PM

If you take you cranks off, flip you bike upside down, and spray some lube down the inside of the seat tube it might help.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

11/2/2014 2:44 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Spray WD40 into the area where the seat post goes into the seat tube, let sit for a few minutes, then try again. If it still ...more

im taking it out to replace it with a metal post

|

11/2/2014 2:46 PM

Loosen the seat clamp, have a seat on the post and use it as leverage.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/2/2014 9:40 PM

take a screwdriver and tap it into the plastic and try and pry it up and out

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/3/2014 6:57 AM

Put a good amount of WD40 on the post and where it goes in the seat tube and I loosened it up with a couple kicks and I pulled it straight out.

smile

|

11/3/2014 8:27 AM

kaneBMX wrote:

Put a good amount of WD40 on the post and where it goes in the seat tube and I loosened it up with a couple kicks and I pulled ...more

nice. I kinda figured it would be easy to get out once you tried something besides pulling on it lol

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

11/3/2014 12:52 PM

Last post I had stuck u used a money wrench to twist it out and of course wd-40

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

11/3/2014 1:43 PM

Might be overkill for some but i always file and polish the inside of the seat tube and then ream, sand and polish bearing seats if neccessary, makes installation, smooth and maintenance simple with no headaches.

Always grease!

|