Need some opinions about this MDS

Related:
Create New Tag

6/14/2013 6:46 PM

I had put an extra washer on before my sprocket because of the inner guard that i cannot use now because of this master link, seems like it messes with the chain alignment and maybe causes my wheel to be off center , so i switched it up so the washer is on the other side and i was wondering if any of you think this will cause any un necessary damaged to the sprocket bolt since i cannot tighten it all the way down or it will bent the sprocket

i appreciate anyone's insight on this issue

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/14/2013 6:48 PM

Photo
|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/14/2013 7:03 PM

ya i did that when i was a noob and i fucked my chain and sprocket real fast. like over a coupe months but i didnt grind at the time so it was all pedal pressure. and just pedal pressure on a noob should last a life time.

|

6/14/2013 7:14 PM

greenbastard wrote:

ya i did that when i was a noob and i fucked my chain and sprocket real fast. like over a coupe months but i didnt grind at ...more

do you think i should put it back the way i had it or keep it like this and try to find a longer sprocket bolt and a washer for the in between the sprocket and the cranks sprocket boss

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/14/2013 7:19 PM

either put it back (which i would do) or get a longer bolt with a washer same size as the spacer between the 2

|

6/14/2013 7:24 PM

greenbastard wrote:

either put it back (which i would do) or get a longer bolt with a washer same size as the spacer between the 2

yeah im thinking about putting it back because having less bolt in there is just a bad idea and doing all that other stuff seems unnecessary to me, i dont understand why i have to do this to have my cranks perfect on both side but then again i got a primo bb kit lol

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

6/14/2013 7:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/14/2013 7:28 PM

I think the washer is supposed to go on the back side. Do you have a spacer between the cranks and the BB? What cranks do you have? maybe try to take off the crank arm and sprocket at the same time and i think the crank boss is supposed to sit flush on the indention of the mds. I think it would mess it up i'm not a 100% sure but i wouldn't take any chances. sorry if i didn't help.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

6/14/2013 9:21 PM

Mikel8149 wrote:

I think the washer is supposed to go on the back side. Do you have a spacer between the cranks and the BB? What cranks do you ...more

You are correct sir, it's definitely supposed to be on the other side about to switch it back, I have stranger cranks btw

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life