Need suggestions on parts

Related:
Create New Tag

1/5/2014 3:48 AM

Hello everyone, before hitting the streets and practicing my BMX'ing skills i was wondering what pegs, grips and pedals i should get the ones I've looked at the moment are Barrel pegs (Blue), Thermalite pegs (Blue) and for the pedals i was thinking Thermalite pedals (Red) and for the grips i looked at the Money grips (Red) all these are found on www.stolenbmx.com/parts
my reason for picking these is because of the design and colours tongue , but i hope someone can suggest some better grips, pedals or pegs to get :D

|

instagram: @TandosAwesome | Bike Check: N/A | Xbox gamertag: OS2 Tando

1/5/2014 4:08 AM

You don't need any of that, just ride your bike.

|

1/5/2014 4:12 AM

brianoob wrote:

b-but, i want new grips, pedals and pegs well i actually don't have pegs so yeah

|

1/5/2014 4:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 4:25 AM

brianoob wrote:

_TandoM_ wrote:

b-but, i want new grips, pedals and pegs well i actually don't have pegs so yeah

Okay then just buy them then. Plastic pegs, grips and pegs are parts that will eventually wear out so you'll end up needing to replace them so your choice doesn't actually matter that much because parts are basically all the same.

|

1/5/2014 4:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 4:37 AM

There´s a list of good bmx brands:
Odyssey (for every single part except wheels)
Fit (good frames in my opinion)
G-Sport (for wheels)
S&M
FBM
Bonedeth
Eclat (quality parts in everything)
Wethepeople (generally good)
Animal
Primo
There are more, but with that you are set.
You should remplace pedals and grips when they are really worn, in the case of pedals if you crack or broke them.
Since you are from england, the best shops there are:
-Source bmx
-Alans bmx
-Custom riders
-Winstansleys
-Chainreactioncycles
There are a few more, but those are probably the best.
As for pegs, i would suggest you some that come with sleves, so when they are worn, you can rempleace just the sleeve, you could buy cult butter pegs, primo binary pl pegs, Demolition DumbChuck V3 Pegs, animal butcher, andd more.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

1/5/2014 4:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 4:43 AM

T-rider wrote:

G-Sport (for wheels)
S&M
FBM
Bonedeth
Animal
Primo
You should remplace pedals and grips when they are really worn, in the case of pedals if you crack or broke them.
-Source bmx
-Alans bmx
-Custom riders
-Winstansleys
-Chainreactioncycles
As for pegs, i would suggest you some that come with sleves, so when they are worn, you can rempleace just the sleeve, you could buy cult butter pegs, primo binary pl pegs, Demolition DumbChuck V3 Pegs, animal butcher, andd more.

Thanks once again T-rider, i'll write all this down and i'll also research all the brands you suggested :D thanks again

|

1/5/2014 4:48 AM

T-rider wrote:

G-Sport (for wheels)
S&M
FBM
Bonedeth
Animal
Primo
-Source bmx
-Alans bmx
-Custom riders
-Winstansleys
-Chainreactioncycles

_TandoM_ wrote:

Thanks once again T-rider, i'll write all this down and i'll also research all the brands you suggested :D thanks again

No problem man, i need help sometimes too, and its good to have another member on the forum. You will probably progress fast as you have skateparks in your city, dont remplace parts if they dont break, or if they are to really beaten.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

1/5/2014 7:41 AM

Shadow Conspiracy Little Ones come in blue and are very cheap ($12) and are arguably the best chromoly pegs out there. They have seperate plastic sleeves you can buy aswell.

As for pedals, most plastic pedals are generally the same. AVOID clear plastic, its a more brittle compound
and cracks super easy. If I were you, I would just use the pedals you have and take the time to evaluate what you want. You might decide you dont like the flex and non gripiness of plastic pedals and want to upgrade to metal or plastic w/ metal pins.

For grips, theres a variety of choices. And chances are, your stock grips are super uncomfortable (common). Look at ODI Super Softs or ODI Longnecks. I think its safe to say 80% of riders around the world use these. Theyre quite comfortable and grippy and one set of these could easily last you for years.
I just picked up a set of Fit Tech grips though, they are much more comfy and grippy than ODIs but seeing as theyre new, I dont know yet how durable they are!

Best of luck, m8! Have fun riding! smile

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/5/2014 7:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/5/2014 8:53 AM

Butt hey, you will probably break the pedals fast, i broke mine (of a verde prism 2012) in 1 week.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

1/5/2014 9:19 AM

Grips : Tom Dugans

Pedals : Odyssey PC

Pegs : Shadow Little Ones

|

I'm gonna need bigger bars

1/5/2014 10:30 AM

Great suggestions from you all tongue just making a list of things i want when i need them like for example when and if i damage my current stock parts, but yeah thanks guys!

|

1/5/2014 11:40 AM

_TandoM_ wrote:

Great suggestions from you all tongue just making a list of things i want when i need them like for example when and if i damage my current stock parts, but yeah thanks guys!

If you want i can do a list of all good parts, i am bored as fuck lol.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

1/5/2014 11:46 AM

don't buy from stolen. odyssey is your best bet. Get some odyssey pegs (there is like 4 kinds just find a pair) A pair of odyssey twisted pc pedals. And some odyssey tom dugan grips. (don't get colored grips, pedals, or pegs. all of those parts get extremely dirty. so black is your best option.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/5/2014 12:04 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

don't buy from stolen. odyssey is your best bet. Get some odyssey pegs (there is like 4 kinds just find a pair) A pair of odyssey twisted pc pedals. And some odyssey tom dugan grips. (don't get colored grips, pedals, or pegs. all of those parts get extremely dirty. so black is your best option.

A lot of people i know prefer the Thermalite Pedals to Twisteds. I've only heard bad about Stolen grips though.

|

1/5/2014 1:34 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

A lot of people i know prefer the Thermalite Pedals to Twisteds. I've only heard bad about Stolen grips though.

I just switched from twisteds to thermalite sp pedals. Feels much better.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/5/2014 1:35 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

should have gotten JCPCs

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

1/5/2014 1:42 PM

Don't get the stolen grips. They blowwwwww. Wear out in like a day.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/5/2014 1:45 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

feeble_to_face wrote:

should have gotten JCPCs

Thermalites were on sale

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

1/5/2014 1:54 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Don't get the stolen grips. They blowwwwww. Wear out in like a day.

Aah okay, i think i might go with odyssey for most parts tongue hearing good stuff about them

|

1/5/2014 3:47 PM

Thermallites are great I have a set and they are sweet, get Animal Edwin grips and Fit OG pegs.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle