Need suggestions on what hub and wheel worked great for you guys

Related:
Create New Tag

7/11/2013 12:56 PM

My old wheelset is coming close to its death. I need some solid input on what works well for you guys

|

7/11/2013 1:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2013 1:14 PM

Seeing from your profile picture you ride trails I think your best call would be GSport Rollcages to Profile Minis.
I personally don't like Profile hubs, I find they are overpriced.
Otherwise your second best choice is GSport/Odyssey hubs laced to Odyssey 7KAs or Ribcages.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/11/2013 1:42 PM

Tree to Birdcage in the front with Tree straight spokes and DT Swiss ProLock nips
Tree to Ribcage in the back with Tree straight spokes and DT Swiss ProLock nips

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/11/2013 1:46 PM

Tree-Sport Wheels are seriously the best wheels EVER.. I agree with Ohioan but if you're going for the whole Tree-Sport Wheelset get G-Sport Taper Hex Nipples.

|

7/11/2013 4:10 PM

Tree hubs gsport rims odyssey spokes with gsport nipples

Or gsport hubs to gsport rims

Or odyssey antigram to gsport rims

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/11/2013 4:16 PM

Gump, you cant use Odyssey Spokes with the Tree Hubs! Straight Pull remember! smile

G-Sport Birdcages - Tree Hubs - Tree Straight Gauge Spokes - G-Sport Taper Hex Nipples..

THE perfect Tree-Sport Wheelset.

|

7/11/2013 4:50 PM

Ah damn. Thanks topsey. I blame it on just waking up. Actually I was testing you mate to make sure you where on the ball

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/11/2013 5:56 PM

Gsport, odyssey, and animal. That's it.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

7/11/2013 6:08 PM

gsport rib cages to BSD hubs

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

7/12/2013 9:56 AM

Thanks for the input everybody seems like the trees are very good i havent really looked at them yet. I deff like the Gsport rollcages front at back or the alienation felons.The 2 main hubs i was checking out before was the profile minis and the colony clones.

|

7/12/2013 11:07 AM

I mean, find a hub with 4+ pawls. Then keep it cheap and strong and get hazards. You don't even need tight spokes to keep a hazard straight in my experience.

Also a bomb and underrated wheelset that doesn't break the bank, Eastern Venus. Had I not gotten great deals on my current wheels, I'd be on some.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK