Need to learn

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2012 6:46 AM

Ok guys i need to learn either BB Slides or Crank slides. problem is i chicken out on my home made rail because its the same height as the bottom of my HT. also which is easier/looks better? Tips? im goning to try and shorten my rail's height a bit or make a new lower/longer one.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/14/2012 7:22 AM

go to a park and try on a lower one

|

5/14/2012 7:23 AM

D Thompson wrote:

go to a park and try on a lower one

thats my plan, but i always loop out at the end of the rail.

|

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

5/14/2012 8:46 AM

You want to kind of hook it where the pedal and crank arm meet and use pedal pressure to stay on.
http://bmx.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/444/files/tony-hamlin-bike-check/Tony-Hamlin-BMX-Bike-Check-10.jpg
If you feel like you're going to loop out, you just wanna lean over the bars a little more. But you'll know when you get it locked in because it feels like you could go forever.

|

5/14/2012 8:52 AM

PBJSammitch wrote:

You want to kind of hook it where the pedal and crank arm meet and use pedal pressure to stay on.
http://bmx.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/444/files/tony-hamlin-bike-check/Tony-Hamlin-BMX-Bike-Check-10.jpg
If you feel like you're going to loop out, you just wanna lean over the bars a little more. But you'll know when you get it locked in because it feels like you could go forever.

thanks man, ill give it a shot when i hit the local up this week

|

5/14/2012 9:05 AM

you need taller rails for crankarm slides,

bb slides are way easier,

just make sure your on your back foot and stand on the rail while your bb and crank arm lock the front in,
your front wheel should hang a little bit over the rail.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

5/14/2012 7:12 PM

cupovjoe wrote:

you need taller rails for crankarm slides,

bb slides are way easier,

just make sure your on your back foot and stand on the rail while your bb and crank arm lock the front in,
your front wheel should hang a little bit over the rail.

thanks man, 2nd question any tips for smiths to manuals? or wallride to manuals? i can't seem to hold it for very long (1-3 feet)

|