Needing help

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2020 12:50 AM

So I am trying to throw on some old redline forks on a TonyHawk huckjam bmx and I am having trouble with the race being to big for the bearing to fit in the standard bearing cups what should I do??

|

6/28/2020 1:00 AM

The Redline forks likely aren’t made for non-integrated/standard headsets.

On some Google images, it appears you might have a quill stem, not entirely sure your setup is compatible.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/28/2020 1:05 AM

readybmxer wrote:

The Redline forks likely aren’t made for non-integrated/standard headsets.

On some Google images, it appears you might have a quill stem, not entirely sure your setup is compatible.

Thanks for the tips or feedback but I want to at least continue to try I might change the crown race on the forks and see if that works!

|

6/28/2020 1:09 AM

ZontKitsuneTheFox16 wrote:

Thanks for the tips or feedback but I want to at least continue to try I might change the crown race on the forks and see if that works!

Can you post a photo of your bike? It’ll help with seeing if it’ll work.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/28/2020 1:14 AM

readybmxer wrote:

The Redline forks likely aren’t made for non-integrated/standard headsets.

On some Google images, it appears you might have a quill stem, not entirely sure your setup is compatible.

ZontKitsuneTheFox16 wrote:

Thanks for the tips or feedback but I want to at least continue to try I might change the crown race on the forks and see if that works!

readybmxer wrote:

Can you post a photo of your bike? It’ll help with seeing if it’ll work.

I can 100% do that when it is morning here since it is 12 am and don’t want to be loud fox.

|