Needing help with my crank issue

Related:
Create New Tag

5/5/2016 6:06 PM

My cranks keep spinning after I get off of my pedals. I've taken my cassette driver apart and cleaned it multiple times and cleaned my chain and also took my cranks out and cleaned my bottom bracket and it still hasn't worked

|

5/5/2016 10:38 PM

How old is your hub? What hub is it? what do you do when you strip and clean it? It's usually caused by the driver sticking a bit. It shouldn't cause any damage, but if it bothers you that much you could try to make your bb a bit stiffer

|

5/6/2016 6:17 AM

I have had the same problem. Tighten your chain and it should be good......at least that's what worked for me.

|

5/6/2016 7:49 AM

You have a major form of hub drag there!

As I don't ride a cassette, I can't really give feedback, but as an Ezra f/c is a few pawls away from a cassette (and as I know how a cassette works), here are my two cents...

1/This problem is definitely from the hub: its sticking (meaning the pawls are still engaged whereas they should ratchet around)! Either you have residue/heavy grease/lube clinging between the pawls and the ratchet, or your pawl springs are getting a bit tired and don't have the same spring-back force. It could be all three or it could be only one pawl. In the latter, your hub will still make some ratcheting sound, but your cranks will move just a bit. Or it could even be the ratchet teeth that are getting worn out. Hell, sort out one problem after another.

2/Regrease your hub driver mech and bearings. I would not recommend using heavy grease for this purpose, but really light weight grease (Buzz Honey Slick is best) between every moving part except the pawls, where a few drops of lube should do.

3/Post a few pictures of the hub internal, specify it's model, and maybe make a small vid showing the magic at work?

Good luck!

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.