Never been in this situation

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2012 6:18 AM

Im a fulltime bike tech at Dicks and i do such an amazing job that they want to hire one of my friends as a part time bike tech. So i have 100% say in who gets hired, which is gay cause they just need to use that money for my raise instead of bring on a new slave. but anyways they are like we need someone for the days you arent here, ive been doing a 2 person job all by myself and handle it just fine.

So how would you pick a friend to come work for you.

|

9/18/2012 8:02 AM

One that you know would be reliable and you won't fuck around too much with and that he knows his shit.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/18/2012 8:11 AM

damn... was it easy to get that job??

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

9/18/2012 8:38 AM

Sounds to me like someone is tooting his own horn a tad.

As to hiring someone, I would try to stray away from the buddies, reason being is if you are their boss, and they mess up, YOU gotta be able to be stern and reprimand them. If it is your buddy, you are more likely to say "Hey man, it's all good" even if they damaged something.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/18/2012 9:10 AM

FreddyDapice wrote:

One that you know would be reliable and you won't fuck around too much with and that he knows his shit.

yeah i almost did this with austin

|

Go Faster..-Conor McKeon
Bitch, Its Kikkoman Or Die-Austin Barron
Its not like you're going to die, the worst that'll happen is you'll skin your elbow-Robert Mabe
"is she hot? gang rape her. 9 out 0f 10 people like it."-Brokenbmx

9/18/2012 9:30 AM

One that wont embarrass you, if this is all on your head, dont pick the drunk or the guy that smokes a dimebag a daym cos when he turns out to be an arse, theyl point fingers at you. Pick someone reliable

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

9/18/2012 10:41 AM

You hire the one that gives you 10% of his paycheck, cause if it wasnt for you he would still be unemployed and broke.

Shit, part time? If I lived near you, I,d say hire me. little extra cash for working a job that dosn't seem to hard and is probably quit humorous at times.

Any entertaining stories yet?

|

9/18/2012 10:51 AM

lol, bike techs at Dicks are fucking terrible, regardless if you're an avid BMX rider or not, every Dicks and REI i've been to has no idea how to work on anything with gears....might as well assemble bikes at Walmart.

|

9/18/2012 11:01 AM

sbc785 wrote:

lol, bike techs at Dicks are fucking terrible, regardless if you're an avid BMX rider or not, every Dicks and REI i've been to has no idea how to work on anything with gears....might as well assemble bikes at Walmart.

LOL, and if I worked there, that would be me, Gears, what da fuck are gears? what you got a transmission on your bike?

I look at my dads townie with it 3 speed hub with internal shifting??? no derailuer.....and for all my mechanical knowledge think.....BIKE SHOP.

Although to be honest if I did work there I would learn, on my own time I mean, not by experimenting on customers bikes.

|

9/18/2012 2:31 PM

I wouldn't pick a buddie because if there is a chance they won't take your authority seriosley because you are mates and you always treat each other as equals. I would put an application form around and then interveiw some people, then the best person for the job gets it.

|

9/18/2012 4:24 PM

have them all play a game of bike... whoever wins gets the job...

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

9/18/2012 4:37 PM

bmx4orlife wrote:

terrible idea. I know people who kill it on a bike but have no common sense when it comes to doing certain things on a bike.
also, they might not be able to work on gears well or at all.

buuut what you could do, is take a bmx bike & a bike with gears, disassemble both, and have people who want the job and/or your buddies try to assemble both bikes within a time limit and work properly. whoever does it the fastest but still properly done gets the job.

|

9/18/2012 4:39 PM

bmx4orlife wrote:

This.

|

Instagram= suckmydeeeck
Tumblr= http://benkingyo.tumblr.com/

9/18/2012 4:49 PM

hire a hot bitch, that way if she sucks then it's better to keep her around to look at rather than hire an idiot friend who you're gonna hate after awhile.

|

9/18/2012 4:52 PM

bmx4orlife wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

terrible idea. I know people who kill it on a bike but have no common sense when it comes to doing certain things on a bike.
also, they might not be able to work on gears well or at all.

buuut what you could do, is take a bmx bike & a bike with gears, disassemble both, and have people who want the job and/or your buddies try to assemble both bikes within a time limit and work properly. whoever does it the fastest but still properly done gets the job.

mine was a joke.. though sbc has got a damn good idea

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones

9/18/2012 11:28 PM

FreddyDapice wrote:

pretty much this, and if they will fuck around abit thats chill, just as long as they know their place and get the job done right and on time

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

9/18/2012 11:47 PM

Tell em if they give you a blowjob you will hook em with a job.

|

My instagram- ride_4130_nicca

9/19/2012 12:18 AM

supremelylazzy wrote:

You hire the one that gives you 10% of his paycheck, cause if it wasnt for you he would still be unemployed and broke.

Shit, part time? If I lived near you, I,d say hire me. little extra cash for working a job that dosn't seem to hard and is probably quit humorous at times.

Any entertaining stories yet?

i actully did this when i didnt have a job,. had a good friend who scored me a job while i was out of work, hawking at the baseball stadium. but she couldnt work the days so she didnt get it but gave me it. i agree id give her 10% which when you make 20-30 dollars a game isnt that much. i mean i was happy to have some money and she wasnt any worse off when randomly she gets 2-3 dollars .

but at op id pick the most relibale person who has a brain and can separate personal from work. i mean ive partied with a manager from my work. and both of us know at work hes the boss but when we chill its different. granted im the type of person who gets shit done when things need to be done so it doesnt make me feel like he is yelling at me. it needs to be done and thats simply it.

|

9/19/2012 12:28 AM

Flight-4130 wrote:

Gross! You like getting head from your buddies?!

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

9/19/2012 1:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2012 1:59 AM

Flight-4130 wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Sure, if they have pretty lips.

Just close your eyes and pretend its your sister, you will get off real quick like.

|

My instagram- ride_4130_nicca

9/20/2012 7:16 AM

Flight-4130 wrote:

Chuck8273 wrote:

Flight-4130 wrote:

Sure, if they have pretty lips.

Just close your eyes and pretend its your sister, you will get off real quick like.

that might m=possibly be the most fucked up thing i've heard in a while..kudos to you

|

Go Faster..-Conor McKeon
Bitch, Its Kikkoman Or Die-Austin Barron
Its not like you're going to die, the worst that'll happen is you'll skin your elbow-Robert Mabe
"is she hot? gang rape her. 9 out 0f 10 people like it."-Brokenbmx