Never learnt my lesson (pic)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2013 3:38 PM

I have suffered head injuries before from riding yet never bought a helmet, maybe due to the lack of money or just unwillingness to put something on my head that doesn't feel as comfortable as just riding without nothing.

This happened two weeks ago before going on vacation to Barcelona btw.

Friday night I wasn't supposed to ride, I packed for BCN, and went to this local park at night to give some parts to a friend of mine because I needed money so yeah went for a for an easy session, juts flowing around fast doing few crank arm grinds here and there, nothing special or crazy.
While flowing around there's this wave type of ramp that goes down, and usually I would just hop into it and roll down, but I decided I should have gone bigger so I approach the ramp at high speed, hop and gap the whole thing (drop was like 1 meter and a half or so).

What happened was my front tire slid out when I landed because the park was still a little wet, so I fell sideways and grinded my face on concrete for a few meters.

I still don't recall what happened, just remember approaching the ramp at high speed and the getting up and feeling dizzy.
Basically lost consciousness, got a head concussion, cut right beside my left eye, swollen cheekbone, scratches on hands hips and legs, scratched up face and one big fat black eye for the rest of the week. Eye sight went blurry hours after happening, shit is scary. Overall just pain.

Wasn't able to ride at all for 2 weeks so yeah kids wear helmets, seriously.

Photo

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

11/13/2013 3:46 PM

Amen dude. I've always worn a helmet, and a few years ago I was hauling ass at a jump and this skater hipped it and came hauling ass the other way and we ran into each other. Even with my helmet on, I got a concussion that I don't remember the whole day that it happened. Just been retold the story enough it happened. I also forgot almost all of what I learned that week in school. I probably would've spilled my brains all over the concrete without it. Wear a helmet kids.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/13/2013 3:47 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Amen dude. I've always worn a helmet, and a few years ago I was hauling ass at a jump and this skater hipped it and came hauling ass the other way and we ran into each other. Even with my helmet on, I got a concussion that I don't remember the whole day that it happened. Just been retold the story enough it happened. I also forgot almost all of what I learned that week in school. I probably would've spilled my brains all over the concrete without it. Wear a helmet kids.

Shit man, sounds like one hell of a slam.

|

11/13/2013 4:03 PM

Helmets. Period.

If you think they are for wusses or gay, remember that one simple slip of a pedal can mean you never wake up.

My buddy 180d, slipped his pedal, hit his head and had a seizure. He was hauled off in an ambulance, had a nasty concussion, and was off balance for a long time, headaches for 3 weeks straight.

A helmet would have made that hit so much tamer, to the point where he probably would have kept riding that day.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/13/2013 4:40 PM

rocken dat fullcut. dat shit is soo safe

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

11/13/2013 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2013 4:49 PM

And get a certified, a "park" helmet doesn't do shit. A certified helmet, always, rocking a hardshell fox transition!Photo

|

11/13/2013 4:53 PM

Fuck helments. Bitches love severe brain injuries.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

11/13/2013 5:10 PM

FuckYoCult wrote:

Fuck helments. Bitches love severe brain injuries.

Truth. But women don't.

|

11/13/2013 6:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2013 6:13 PM

You look so pissed off in that picture, so you didn't get to ride BCN??? That sucks.

I don't wear a helmet I never have, I should tho, but I won't.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/13/2013 6:09 PM

I started riding right after Mike Aitken crashed so I've always had one on.

Check out my helmet check.....\/

|

Youtube Channel |||The Wolf

||| My Helmet ||| Have FUN on your Bike!!

11/13/2013 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2013 6:19 PM

I have a hard head, i fell off a ten foot ladder and prettu much landed directly on the back of my head and got up like nothing, weird thing was i didn't actually remember falling or anything just getting up but i was fine went in for the doctors to check me out and thwy said there was no problems other needing a few stitches

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/13/2013 6:46 PM

Anyone else notice he said left eye and that's his right eye?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/13/2013 6:56 PM

Had a brain hemoraging and lost my balance for a week crashing a handrail a while ago one day I didn't have my helmet .....now I baught a few extra helmets just so I don't end up not having one if I forget one somewhere

|

11/13/2013 7:08 PM

That's exactly what would have happened to me if i hadn't been wearing my helmet last Saturday. I face planted just pedaling down the street.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

11/13/2013 7:49 PM

been wearing mine for almost 2 years now no matter what.. It's not worth it man and i've hit my head a few times.

|

11/14/2013 12:39 AM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

You look so pissed off in that picture, so you didn't get to ride BCN??? That sucks.

I don't wear a helmet I never have, I should tho, but I won't.

Nope didn't even bring my bike.
And trust me it hurts going around seeing barcelona is one big street spot.

|

11/14/2013 12:40 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Anyone else notice he said left eye and that's his right eye?

Front camera selfie looks inverted.

|

11/14/2013 2:04 AM

I was wondering where you disappeared to man! I have said it in a few threads now, but I don't have a helmet, simply because all the shops carry s, m, l, and sometimes xl, and I either need a2or 3 x, can't remember. You're lucky man, people have suffered pretty traumatic brain injuries from what looked to be minor falls. Sucks about not being able to ride for your trip. Seems like so much of the old world would be great to ride, as long as people aren't stupid enough to grind on historical stuff or any of the ruins, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.

11/14/2013 2:33 AM

Chuck8273 wrote:

I was wondering where you disappeared to man! I have said it in a few threads now, but I don't have a helmet, simply because all the shops carry s, m, l, and sometimes xl, and I either need a2or 3 x, can't remember. You're lucky man, people have suffered pretty traumatic brain injuries from what looked to be minor falls. Sucks about not being able to ride for your trip. Seems like so much of the old world would be great to ride, as long as people aren't stupid enough to grind on historical stuff or any of the ruins, haha.

Yeah man I took a break from Vital and dedicated my self mainly to riding.
It's a shame I wasn't able to ride but I still have a good time.
My father has the same problem when it comes down to helmets haha so I know that feel.
I'm gonna be here more often now since winter is coming.

|