Never thought I’d make a thread like this...

Related:
Create New Tag

3/3/2018 4:10 PM

So I’ve got this frame, and normally I’m good as ID’ing them. This one just ain’t working for me... My friend i got it from thought it was a subrosa, but I can’t findn it anywhere online. It’s got an S on the top tube gusset, and on the bottom bracket it says “Score2075” (it’s got a 20.75” toptube and in between a 13.2 and 13.5 chainstay, I cant tell). I thought it might be a stolen score complete, but non of those completes have welded on gyro tabs and a euro bottom bracket like this. It has a wishbone chainstay as well. Photo

Photo

|

3/3/2018 5:09 PM

So anyone recognize it? I’d like to know what it is if i ever build it up

|

3/3/2018 5:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2018 5:19 PM

Stolen Score? Possibly not from a complete? Pretty sure they made those as a frame only early on.

|

3/3/2018 5:34 PM

2007 model looks close. Literally can’t find any other pics from that model year lol. Photo

|

3/3/2018 6:03 PM

SquirrelBait wrote:

Stolen Score? Possibly not from a complete? Pretty sure they made those as a frame only early on.

Yeah I’m thinking it’s aftermarket, none of the score completes had a euro bottom bracket as far as I’m aware.

|

3/3/2018 6:23 PM

Checking into information on Bikepedia (yup...I’m a nerd haha) the 2007 and 2008 models had Spanish BB. They don’t specify anything on gyro tabs or wishbones etc on that site though. I know that is the Stolen “S” logo though. Maybe contact them.

|

3/3/2018 11:43 PM

Euro bb's were very short lived, around 2004/5, and integrated headsets didn't become common until a few years later. And welded tabs instead of removable would make me think it's off a cheapish complete. The time line doesn't add up for it to be an aftermarket frame.
A few cheap brands stuck with the euro bb longer than the rest of bmx. I guess it became a cheaper option in the factory after they became redundant.

|

3/4/2018 6:15 AM

Definitely a Stolen Score. That's a Spanish BB. Euro BB uses thread-in external bearing cups & is only really a thing in racing.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/4/2018 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 8:33 AM

Stolen score. I don't get how it could be anything else?

|

3/4/2018 11:22 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Definitely a Stolen Score. That's a Spanish BB. Euro BB uses thread-in external bearing cups & is only really a thing in ...more

So you’re telling me this ISN’T a euro bottom bracket? Funny, i didn’t realize spanish bottom brackets had threads in them.
Photo

|

3/4/2018 11:23 AM

The threads may look a tad stripped, but that’s just the immense amount of gunk on them. The bottom bracket that used to be on this bike is now on my eastern dragon, and the threads are just dandy!

|

3/4/2018 2:29 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

So you’re telling me this ISN’T a euro bottom bracket? Funny, i didn’t realize spanish bottom brackets had threads in them.
Photo
...more

It's a Euro BB. Spanish is press-fit, just like Mid and American.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/4/2018 4:09 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Definitely a Stolen Score. That's a Spanish BB. Euro BB uses thread-in external bearing cups & is only really a thing in ...more

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Photo
...more

p1p1092 wrote:

yeah i know haha, i know my bottom brackets.

|

3/4/2018 7:09 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

he was being sarcastic cause Tim so confidently told him it was a Spanish lololol

email the serial to Stolen and ask. I tried finding the model on their site from 10-15 years ago via the wayback machine but couldn't cause they weren't archived... although I did find many Scores with gyro tabs, so it's probably at least 10 years old

|

3/5/2018 6:40 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Photo
...more

Just assumed there was bearings in it from the first pic. Definitely euro then. Email/Call Stolen, they're the only ones to my knowledge that used that "S", and also the only ones who offer a "Score" bike.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/10/2019 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 10:42 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

So I’ve got this frame, and normally I’m good as ID’ing them. This one just ain’t working for me... My friend i got it from ...more

It's a Stolen 5-0 frame. it's based off an American made one but it's Japanese cut steel with the Euro bottom bracket. the gyro tabs are welded on factory I know cuz I ride one. I bought it off danscomp back in 07 but it came from Japan, it was not offered on a complete bike. I regret pulling the stickers off of it though.
Photoone.
Photo

|

1/10/2019 11:06 AM

I approve of this bump.

|

1/10/2019 11:07 AM

FINALLY! A bump worth something!

|

1/11/2019 1:22 AM

Didn't think I'd say this, but well bumped my man.

|

1/11/2019 11:10 AM

Thanks guys! I know it's impossible to find info on my frame so when I stumbled on this I had to say something! I sent Stolen an email in hopes of getting a new sticker pack for it ?

|

1/11/2019 10:48 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

So I’ve got this frame, and normally I’m good as ID’ing them. This one just ain’t working for me... My friend i got it from ...more

Dillon_Hancock wrote:

It's a Stolen 5-0 frame. it's based off an American made one but it's Japanese cut steel with the Euro bottom bracket. the ...more

When I saw this thread got bumped, I was quite curious to see what for. Thank you for this information, it is much appreciated! I'll forward this to the current owner of the frame. Your thread bumping has been approved by all.

|

3/8/2020 10:53 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

Have this bike as well 2007 in fools gold. Is so solid

|