New Animal x Terrible One tires

Related:
Create New Tag

3/23/2016 8:59 PM

Seen here
http://bmxunion.com/daily/sneak-peek-animal-bikes-x-terrible-one-tires/

Yet another somewhat slick tire added to the game soon, but for some reason I like the tread on this more than some of the other slick tires out there. Might be cause of how the tread looks more raised up but idk. Personally I still wouldn't ride them though cause I hate slick tires, but I know some of you guys love em so here they are...

Feel free to discuss

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

3/23/2016 9:51 PM

I'm not really an Animal era guy , and Terrible One seems like something older fellows would know about more then myself but this is 100% awesome.

There's nothing better than seeing 2 companies get together and make something together . I think BMX needs this , instead of all money and shit , a "simple" collaboration is what we need . Animal is street and Terrible is pretty park , so input from both would undoubtedly be a good tire .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/24/2016 4:06 AM

I'll scoop them because T1.

Hoping for thin-ish sidewalls though.

|

3/24/2016 6:14 AM

pretty cool, I wonder if they're gonna follow what other companies are doing and release them with bright colors

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/24/2016 6:58 AM

I rode with a guy who works for animal last year and i saw a protype for this tire on his bike. I can't belive i didn't catch the t1 on it haha.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

3/24/2016 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/24/2016 9:17 PM

Trip on the stranger haze rubbers for somewhat slicks

|

3/24/2016 7:51 AM

If it's not too fat, I'll grab one for the bike.

|

3/24/2016 8:36 AM

as close to the second coming of the ASM as we'll ever get. Too bad I have enough GLH/TWWs stockpiled to last me 5 years...we'll see what sizes these come in.

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

3/24/2016 9:06 AM

Primo should reissue the comets

|

3/24/2016 10:47 AM

Looks amazing. Probably gonna run at least one in the back this summer.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

3/24/2016 11:30 AM

This is a collab worth supporting!

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook

3/24/2016 11:34 AM

The second and third photos are with like 5-6 months of wear on em according to the article.

It even states it's more of a park/concrete tire, so it might not be so great for trails. (Not like many of you dudes ride em anyway).

If I need some treads at that point and they seem to be decent, I might snag up a pair.

I doubt too many wacky colors will come out, Animal went as far as whitewalls, and T1 really never had anything to bright with any of their products that I recall. They were pretty tame in that department.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/24/2016 5:23 PM

According to The Merged there is going to be two models. The Ursa Major and the Ursa Minor. I'm guessing this is going to be like a wire bead or kevlar bead, ir a thin sidewall and a thick sidewall version.

|

3/24/2016 6:40 PM

Top marks for the collaboration, and I love the way the altered griffin looks here, but I'm guessing too slick for me. Hawks are as far as I've gone in that direction idk...

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

3/24/2016 7:12 PM

Charliekeet wrote:

Top marks for the collaboration, and I love the way the altered griffin looks here, but I'm guessing too slick for me. Hawks ...more

Photo
Photo

They are pretty similar honestly. I would say this tire is probably going to be very comparable to the Chase Hawk when it comes to grip, UNLESS they use a softer rubber, but softer rubber would wear faster. Those last two pics are 5-6 months of wear and still look pretty darn good.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/24/2016 9:16 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

as close to the second coming of the ASM as we'll ever get. Too bad I have enough GLH/TWWs stockpiled to last me 5 ...more

HLH for life

|

3/24/2016 9:16 PM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

as close to the second coming of the ASM as we'll ever get. Too bad I have enough GLH/TWWs stockpiled to last me 5 ...more

GLH for life

|

3/25/2016 6:31 AM

ironmaiden666 wrote:

Eric_Wotansvolk wrote:

GLH for life

GLH in front always. Back I'll rock GLH or TWW if I wanna go faster. ASM was so fast in back though it was great

|

My Ride
My Other Ride
I've sold stuff to Ecuadevil, LLURider, and Mario.villegas90 with no complaints.
IG: evildeadhands

3/25/2016 8:44 AM

dave lawrence wrote: Photo
Photo

They are pretty similar honestly. I would say this tire is probably going to be very comparable to the Chase Hawk when it ...more

If they are anything similar to the Hawks those tires are gonna be excellent.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

1/3/2017 12:39 AM

Im reviving this old thread because im curious if anyone rides these. I've never ran slicks before but everytime I see these it makes me want to convert. Now a days i mostly ride street/park since theres not many trails around so I think these would be good for about a year until I get back to dirt.

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/3/2017 4:32 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Im reviving this old thread because im curious if anyone rides these. I've never ran slicks before but everytime I see these ...more

Just picked up a set not to long a go.
The center of tire is a harder conpound the sides are soft compound. It's Awsome how they can make a tire like that for bmx.
I really couldn't tell the difference between the. T 1 and the TWW. Just don't like the 2.4
Size. Other then that Awsome tire for street & park . really grippy and fast

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/3/2017 5:47 AM

Photo

I put an Ursa Minor 2.2 on the rear of my bike and I LOVE it!! Now I have a Ruben/Joe Love child and cannot be happier, super grippy, smooth and FAST!! Plus it's T-1, enough said!!
|

1/3/2017 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/3/2017 10:42 AM

They are pretty heavy, but that's because they are super thick, so coupled with the hard compound in the center i can see these lasting a long time. The 2.4 size is gigantic, the 2.2 is reasonable.

|

1/4/2017 3:28 AM

Yeah I'm a little leery about buying them though. Back home I only ride concrete bowls and trails. Right now for the next year it's metal parks, street, and maybe trails once every other month at the moment. Not sure how these would stick on metal ramps.

|

Smoke Drink Die

1/4/2017 7:56 PM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Yeah I'm a little leery about buying them though. Back home I only ride concrete bowls and trails. Right now for the next year ...more

Get em and try, worst case ya gotta snag another set of treads. Easy swap before a trails session too.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/3/2017 6:41 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Looks amazing. Probably gonna run at least one in the back this summer.

How long have you been on vital ive seen you on realy old thread im just wondering

|

10/3/2017 7:31 PM

Dude above me bumped this first , bj since it's up . These tires are amazing . Running them for a while and have no wear , grip is fantastic , and I trust them a ton ( which I barely say about tires ). Downside is they are heavy but they feel good and last a long time which is worth it . Was grinding some chunky ass ledges yesterday and put my sidewall through the shitter and these tires just laughed at it . Barely any grind damage .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short