New BMX Brand/Company

Related:
Create New Tag

7/24/2017 6:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/25/2017 4:06 AM

|

7/24/2017 6:53 AM

I'm pretty sure you are advertising. For free. It's against the rules, but whatever just saying.

|

7/24/2017 7:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2017 7:28 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you are advertising. For free. It's against the rules, but whatever just saying.

I'm not quite sure how else to show everyone the products? If it's an issue with the admins I'm happy to put images of all the products on Flickr or another photo service and link to that. That way there's no mention of the brand. We have asked for feedback on our social media pages and got little response so I thought I'd try on here.

|

7/24/2017 10:09 AM

I'm in the process of starting my own bmx company. I've had a few runs of t shirts, and I've got a first batch of sprockets on its way to me (made here in the UK). Having frames made is my dream, but there's no profit if you want them well made.
I'm doing it as a hobby and hoping it pays for itself a little. But, the market is saturated. Unless you have some people in the industry that will help you, you'll struggle to get anywhere.

Selling a few t shirts at an OK profit is one thing. But ordering 50 sprockets (mqo may be 50 per size, so if you want to offer 25t and 28t, you'll have to order 100 sprockets) and trying to sell them isn't easy. I know the cost price of the sprockets, and the profit is pretty good if you sell direct. But any shop will want to make profit too, so you lose a big chunk of your profit selling through shops. You need to be competitively priced, but also have a product that's as good as what's out there, otherwise, who's going to buy yours if they can buy from a trusted brand?

So the only way you can stand out is image. Image is more important than anything in bmx now. So, you need to figure out who your target audience is. And hope people are into it. Either way, the market is saturated. I keep getting close to giving up, but luckily I've got friends and family that keep telling me to at least try it. Worst case scenario, everyone I know will get a sprocket for their birthday, and I'll have a life time supply of awesome, well made frames

|

7/24/2017 10:15 AM

Bmx-95 wrote:

I'm not quite sure how else to show everyone the products? If it's an issue with the admins I'm happy to put images of all the products on Flickr or another photo service and link to that. That way there's no mention of the brand. We have asked for feedback on our social media pages and got little response so I thought I'd try on here.

The way of getting a BMX company recognised today is by doing Videos and professional quality edits, that will at least get you some recognition, which will help drive traffic towards your site, but you also need to be able to stand out in a sea of other edits to get the video view count/youtube thing off to a good start, there's no media or pics on the team or riders, there's just "brand name" stuff to sell of a brand no-ones heard of and that might be a turn off for most riders, you need to build that brand first...have a look at Sebastian Keeps videos from oldest to newest on starting his company, and he already had an advantage by being an already recognised Pro level rider.

|

7/24/2017 11:01 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I'm in the process of starting my own bmx company. I've had a few runs of t shirts, and I've got a first batch of sprockets on its way to me (made here in the UK). Having frames made is my dream, but there's no profit if you want them well made.
I'm doing it as a hobby and hoping it pays for itself a little. But, the market is saturated. Unless you have some people in the industry that will help you, you'll struggle to get anywhere.

Selling a few t shirts at an OK profit is one thing. But ordering 50 sprockets (mqo may be 50 per size, so if you want to offer 25t and 28t, you'll have to order 100 sprockets) and trying to sell them isn't easy. I know the cost price of the sprockets, and the profit is pretty good if you sell direct. But any shop will want to make profit too, so you lose a big chunk of your profit selling through shops. You need to be competitively priced, but also have a product that's as good as what's out there, otherwise, who's going to buy yours if they can buy from a trusted brand?

So the only way you can stand out is image. Image is more important than anything in bmx now. So, you need to figure out who your target audience is. And hope people are into it. Either way, the market is saturated. I keep getting close to giving up, but luckily I've got friends and family that keep telling me to at least try it. Worst case scenario, everyone I know will get a sprocket for their birthday, and I'll have a life time supply of awesome, well made frames

This is a hobby dude I'm lucky enough that I've worked with a few shops before so I have my foot in the door. I appreciate all of the kind words and I mean no disrespect but I know how to run and build the company. I was looking more for feedback on the products.

|

7/24/2017 11:04 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Bmx-95 wrote:

weegaz22 wrote:

The way of getting a BMX company recognised today is by doing Videos and professional quality edits, that will at least get you some recognition, which will help drive traffic towards your site, but you also need to be able to stand out in a sea of other edits to get the video view count/youtube thing off to a good start, there's no media or pics on the team or riders, there's just "brand name" stuff to sell of a brand no-ones heard of and that might be a turn off for most riders, you need to build that brand first...have a look at Sebastian Keeps videos from oldest to newest on starting his company, and he already had an advantage by being an already recognised Pro level rider.

I already have the company "recognised" as it were and our social media presence is growing at a good steady rate what we really want is feedback on the products not so much on how to build, grow, run ext but thanks for your feedback

|

7/24/2017 11:52 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Bmx-95 wrote:

This is a hobby dude I'm lucky enough that I've worked with a few shops before so I have my foot in the door. I appreciate all of the kind words and I mean no disrespect but I know how to run and build the company. I was looking more for feedback on the products.

Well, there's no riders actually riding on the site. Do you sponsor anyone?
And, to me, it looks like just another apparel brand. I could probably find 100 more just like it on instagram

|

7/24/2017 12:56 PM

Bmx-95 wrote:

I already have the company "recognised" as it were and our social media presence is growing at a good steady rate what we really want is feedback on the products not so much on how to build, grow, run ext but thanks for your feedback

14 followers on Twitter?? that's the only social media link on your website

had a look at your instagram account but had to go manually search for that, that instagram feed should be linked and showing your uploads on your site as you have a good following on that.

would agree with steve, looks like another apparel company which there is already tons of out there....but you could also say the same for bike companies as well.

if i was to add anything to the current product line up it would be hoodies, you might be cali based but people will be buying from a lot colder states than cali, and i dare say the UK once you get big enough.

|

7/24/2017 1:03 PM

Yeah, this is free advertising which is against the rules. As per usual, you're allowed this one thread and this one thread alone to post in about your company & products. Do it elsewhere and the banhammer comes down.

If you'd like to partner with Vital and become a paying advertiser, there's a link at the bottom where you can send an email and get sorted out.

|

7/24/2017 1:06 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

This reminds me-what would a sprocket run to be sent to USA-Zip Code 56379?

I want to support your dream and run a rad sprocket!

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/24/2017 1:30 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah, this is free advertising which is against the rules. As per usual, you're allowed this one thread and this one thread alone to post in about your company & products. Do it elsewhere and the banhammer comes down.

If you'd like to partner with Vital and become a paying advertiser, there's a link at the bottom where you can send an email and get sorted out.

You mean like the thread in non bmx talk?

|

7/24/2017 1:35 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Don't give up man, you just need to get that "media" side sorted, as much as you might hate those youtuber types it does help drive business along, how you getting along with editing the videos? if you want you can send me footage and i can try and do an "edit" for you, been a while since ive used editing software but could be a fun little side project for me if you got enough good raw footage.

|

7/24/2017 1:38 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

Yeah, that was posted before he knew about the "only one thread" thing, I'll delete it since no one commented in it anyway.

|

7/24/2017 1:42 PM

Bmx-95 wrote:

Are you really a clothing company or are you just making tshirts

|

fack off

7/24/2017 1:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2017 2:02 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

weegaz22 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Yeah, that was posted before he knew about the "only one thread" thing, I'll delete it since no one commented in it anyway.

Yeah sorry about that, I wasn't really sure where to post it and didn't know the one thread only rule.

|

7/24/2017 1:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/24/2017 2:01 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

Bmx-95 wrote:

weegaz22 wrote:

14 followers on Twitter?? that's the only social media link on your website

had a look at your instagram account but had to go manually search for that, that instagram feed should be linked and showing your uploads on your site as you have a good following on that.

would agree with steve, looks like another apparel company which there is already tons of out there....but you could also say the same for bike companies as well.

if i was to add anything to the current product line up it would be hoodies, you might be cali based but people will be buying from a lot colder states than cali, and i dare say the UK once you get big enough.

The company isn't fully owned by me I run the instagram, run the ads and manage the website. Everything else is down to the actual owner so I don't have full control over every single aspect of the business. I'll pass that on though. As for the feed on our site I don't think we can actually do that as we use a prebuilt template. I will look into it though. We also don't want to produce hoodies or long sleeves In the middle of summer. We are on a limited budget and want to produce products people will actually buy. In the colder months we will add long selves and hoodies!

|

7/24/2017 1:56 PM

Just a friendly reminder we aren't looking for how to run, manage, operate. We are doing perfectly fine at that on our own. We were looking purely for feedback on designs, ext. if you also have any suggestions for artists to work with we would love to hear. We have recently worked with Eben (the guy who does fiends and fits artwork).

|

7/24/2017 2:39 PM

Bmx-95 wrote:

Just a friendly reminder we aren't looking for how to run, manage, operate. We are doing perfectly fine at that on our own. We were looking purely for feedback on designs, ext. if you also have any suggestions for artists to work with we would love to hear. We have recently worked with Eben (the guy who does fiends and fits artwork).

Designs are decent, make more than just the brand name in lettering. Add a logo (which seems to be the owl) in different ways-one color silhouette, designs etc.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

7/24/2017 3:11 PM

Bmx-95 wrote:

I know you asked for product feedback but sometimes doing everything yourself causes somethings to be overlooked, don't take it as criticism, take it as free advice that you can quietly discard it if you want but some of the points made will be valid, you should be able to at a bare minimum add an instagram "logo" as a "button" link even on a templated site, sure you might not be able to get a video or posts "feed" running on the sites page but at least easily clickable links to your social media accounts should be there.

could be worse, could be like the old days where you had to manually write all the HTML and CSS code yourself, that was a pain in the arse, its all much simpler now.

What's the reason behind the "owl" as a mascot/logo just out of curiosity?
Would also say with regards to the "line in sight" stickers if they are representing the company then it should be in the Logo font that the company uses, like the one that's on the backpack, the harrypotter styled sticker with the owl you can kind of understand as it fits with the theme of the sticker, but the other 2 stickers just look like randomly chosen fonts, the font style represents a Brand just as much as the products themselves.

|

7/24/2017 3:11 PM

be careful with that owl head logo.looks very similar to mazda

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

7/24/2017 3:19 PM

alexnjbmx wrote:

be careful with that owl head logo.looks very similar to mazda

PMSL, I had been looking at that logo and saying I'm sure I've seen something really similar somewhere else, well spotted Alex!

|

7/24/2017 5:14 PM

weegaz22 wrote:

PMSL, I had been looking at that logo and saying I'm sure I've seen something really similar somewhere else, well spotted Alex!

its only cause i drive a mazda haha

|

refs: justridebmx, four, kingpin, Alex_DeWitt, Michael_Howard, bmxrider000, TokenBMX(x2)
member of the week 2/22/10 - 2/28/10

7/24/2017 5:25 PM

the fact that you never listed your instagram linky poo says something...

Nothing about those designs says "bmx" to me. (asides from the ones that actually say bmx)

I know nothing about the company. Why would I support them?

If i saw some rad guys on bikes on your instagram / FB , I might be stoked to wear some of your wears.

|

7/24/2017 8:02 PM

You need to sponsor a VLogger or Youtuber or become a Youtuber yourself.

Since AdamLZ isn't doing BMX VLogs anymore, there's a space for a new VLogger that caters to under 15 riders.

You could be that guy and get your products out there. Good luck and start filming.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

7/25/2017 4:04 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

weegaz22 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

SundaybmxRR Can you please delete this post as well?

|