New Bars. (PICS!!)

Related:
Create New Tag

10/28/2015 8:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2015 4:00 PM

Alright so I am looking to buy some new bars I have looked at about all of them and have narrowed it down to 2 or 3 sets. I'm thinking about the kink rex bars and the fit begin bars and the bsd raider bars. The begin bars are newer so I dont expect to see a whole lot of reviews and whatnot. Which one is better and why? No shorter than 9.4" I'm running a freeze tl stem and it's slammed with no room to rise with spacers.
Pics at bottom of page
Ok so my bsd raiders come in today I didn't really get to ride them due to rain and the pics are kinda I will take good ones tomorrow)

|

10/28/2015 9:05 PM

The taller the better . I run 10" and can't imagine running anything under 9 at least . If you're in doubt I'd say buy bigger bars because you can always lower your stem and if worse comes to worse stems are cheaper than bars . I thought about getting 9.25 Colony bars but went with 10" and I'm way more happy with them .

Correct me if I'm wrong but The Begin bars are 4 piece so I'd see if you want them compared to a classic 2 piece bar . If not , I'd go with the Fit Savage bars because they're built tough and any Fit part I had hasn't given me much trouble . They make good stuff .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/28/2015 9:21 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

The taller the better . I run 10" and can't imagine running anything under 9 at least . If you're in doubt I'd say buy bigger ...more

Yea the begin's are 4 pc I like the 4 pc design I may go with them as they look good and are tall enough plus I've never had 4pc bars. It's a tie between them and the raiders now

|

10/28/2015 9:29 PM

BSD Raiders ? Those are what I have and they're amazing , I'd get them again over anything . Feel so nice and are solid . Nice graphics too. If you're deciding , I would recommend the raiders easily .
Photo

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/30/2015 10:14 PM

Ordered the raiders today they are scheduled to be here tuesday. Thanks for the recommendation man.

|

10/30/2015 10:41 PM

Tree Branch bars

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/30/2015 11:58 PM

When you still on 8.5's and a frontload.

|

10/31/2015 12:46 AM

CamelOnAcid wrote:

Ordered the raiders today they are scheduled to be here tuesday. Thanks for the recommendation man.

You'll love them honestly . So happy with mine. Post pictures when you get them and let me know how you like them .

The first thing for me was how much more enjoyable cruising around was , because I didn't have all that stress from being hunched over and impacts going to my back as much . But trick - wise spins and fullcabs feel so much better and hops might be weird at first but I get way more pop into them now and about the same height as before

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/31/2015 3:45 AM

What are the specs? As in upsweep and backsweep?

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

10/31/2015 10:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/31/2015 10:06 AM

Skylight wrote:

Pretty sure it's 12 up and 2 back but I didn't look . My buddy Matt Swing has bought 3 pairs , and he also has the raider frame .

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/31/2015 10:08 AM

Skylight wrote:

Pretty sure it's 12 up and 2 back but I didn't look . My buddy Matt Swing has bought 3 pairs , and he also has the raider ...more

Sounds gross

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/31/2015 2:58 PM

Fuck a bunch of 2 up.

|

10/31/2015 9:32 PM

From brands to a degree , you guys are never happy

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/31/2015 11:20 PM

From brands to a degree , you guys are never happy

Lel true.

|

11/2/2015 4:03 PM

Photo

Photo

|

11/2/2015 5:09 PM

Damn looking frosty. The big bars / low seat looks clean

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/2/2015 6:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/2/2015 7:48 PM

Thanks man I like the slim seat with the stubby post but I'm wanting to put a fat seat with a little longer post than the stub I have now. But these bars are great so far my first impressions as I pulled them out of the box was "Oh no what have I done" as they were so massive looking compared to the little 8.1s I was running. After I put them on my bike they didn't have that massive feeling anymore just right plus I get to run my frontload now. I did test them with my top load stem and I shit you not it felt like my hops got a little higher I'm going to experiment tomorrow between the front load and top load.

|

11/2/2015 8:53 PM

Like this look tons. I'm doing a build now on a black frame with an odyssey frontload and was debating the slim seat, but think I'll go for it after seeing this. Looks sexy

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

11/2/2015 10:16 PM

CamelOnAcid wrote:

Thanks man I like the slim seat with the stubby post but I'm wanting to put a fat seat with a little longer post than the stub ...more

That's sick , good to hear . Yah like I mentioned I thought they'd be too big but my back loves it and I only run a front load so it works out for me. And pop is sooo nice too . I haven't had any super slams yet but they feel solid . Hopefully you like them , I sure have with mine

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/3/2015 6:20 AM

Bar sizing is 100% PERSONAL PREFERENCE. What that means is that what is good for me, MIGHT NOT be good for you. Do you hate your current bars? What do you dislike about them? Try looking at it that way to figure out what YOU need to change rather than asking other people what YOU should do.

I know a dude who is 6 feet tall running 7.5 rise bars, and he will not buy anything taller until he has no other option (and even then I am sure he would just have some made).

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/3/2015 5:36 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/3/2015 5:37 PM

^ this. x1000

I'm riding animal big fours and a front load because summer is over. I don't have enough outside time to worry about my back hurting after riding all day like I do in the summer so the big boys are off and the little guy is on there and I can hop so much higher when my muscles are cold with short bars. Like about 9 more inches of hop vs 9.6 and a top load. But I cannot ride short bars all day (or even more than an hour) or I hate my life so. You know do what works for you and stop giving a fuck what ur bike looks like. The coolest trendiest bike in the world won't make your riding any Better unless the set up is completely comfortable for you.

|

11/3/2015 6:40 PM

I knew what I wanted just wasn't sure of the 3 I had picked out I was mostly looking for suggestions which I got. I don't buy parts because they are trendy this month or keep up with them, I buy what I like if it just so happens to be trendy then so be it. I'm totally happy with what I got they are comfortable and I didn't loose any height in my hops or anything like that so they work for me. Overall I'm happy with them and plan on riding bigger bars they just feel right to me. Whenever the time rolls around and it's time to buy new ones I may give some 9.25s or 9.5s a try though just to see whats better.

|

11/3/2015 11:01 PM

I can throw barspins with 10"s so no one comment that

I can't land them tho

|

My Cult 2 Short

11/4/2015 5:54 AM

Looks great, smooth, sexy, and great. Wait, didn't I say that already?

First glance over the pics had me pretty amazed at the hight of the 10 inch thing...
If it was me I would go for whitewall 2.4s, a very fat seat set up maybe with 1.5 inches of post sticking out, and a skinnier and longer, chrome stem and chrome sprocket...

Just me.

Still, it just looks so massive! Personally, I am also debating myself on going even taller- I love the switch from my 8.5s to my 9s, but I feel that just a wee bit more would do some more good... 10s look like overkill, maybe I'll go with a 9.5 inch rise 4 piece...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

11/4/2015 6:46 AM

Skylight wrote:

Looks great, smooth, sexy, and great. Wait, didn't I say that already?

First glance over the pics had me pretty amazed at ...more

Ive been wanting some 2.3s or 2.4s for awhile now I think the would help spread impact more but I dont believe I can fit bigger than 2.25 in my frame.

|