New Bars

Related:
Create New Tag

9/27/2018 9:46 AM

I was gonna grab a new stem(want a bit more rise) but my wife wants my Tabarnak bars so she said why not just get new bars so she can have the old ones. Thinking of trying Merritt Andre bars 9.75 because I want to try bigger bars and if that's too high I could run my stem right side up(flipped front load). They have the same geo as rigs which I really like, heat treated plus a cool Andre the Giant sticker. Any other 12 back 2 up bars that people like? Or maybe I should try something weird like 4 piece with huge upsweep or something?

|

9/27/2018 9:52 AM

Odyssey Highway barscool

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/27/2018 12:47 PM

2 upsweep hurt my wrists, went to 5 and now theyre fine. odd isnt it?

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten

9/27/2018 12:59 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

2 upsweep hurt my wrists, went to 5 and now theyre fine. odd isnt it?

It's interesting that people are put together so differently. I like 2. I might like more but I haven't tried it in a long long time.

|

9/27/2018 2:17 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

It's interesting that people are put together so differently. I like 2. I might like more but I haven't tried it in a long long time.

i know my friend i ride with, rides with scerbo bars mad tiny and hes the same height as me. im like just get the 4am bars or foursomes already stop killing your back hes like nah my backs fine. wassat

|

9/27/2018 2:35 PM

RonnieRawdawg wrote:

i know my friend i ride with, rides with scerbo bars mad tiny and hes the same height as me. im like just get the 4am bars or foursomes already stop killing your back hes like nah my backs fine. wassat

I wish I could ride small bars still lol. I’m 5’9 and have to ride at least 8.7ish. I had t1 elf’s and they’re so small feeling. But I did hurt my back in my teens and couldn’t walk for a week or two

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/27/2018 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 2:38 PM

Four wrote:

I wish I could ride small bars still lol. I’m 5’9 and have to ride at least 8.7ish. I had t1 elf’s and they’re so small feeling. But I did hurt my back in my teens and couldn’t walk for a week or two

him and i are both 6'4 (he maybe 6'3 but hes around my height)

View this post on Instagram

B.H.B. Style.

A post shared by @ herbsgetwet on

|

9/27/2018 2:40 PM

Yoooo east coast shit the skavenger frame too I have the 9.5 animal bars but I fucked up and cut them too short haha

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

9/27/2018 2:55 PM

It's weird, I used to cut my bars down to 27" but I'm running 29" right now and I like it. I don't do barspins and I don't know if I even want to learn them so I like the extra width - kinda spreads you body out a bit more/makes the bike feel a bit more roomy IMO. I have thought about going to 27 a few times but I'm just too lazy/not sure if I even want to cut them. I used to ride Castillo bars and I think they were like 7" rise and very mellow sweeps. No way could my back handle that low of a rise now.

|

9/27/2018 6:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/27/2018 6:43 PM

Four wrote:

Yoooo east coast shit the skavenger frame too I have the 9.5 animal bars but I fucked up and cut them too short haha

also the ultra rare animal stem #57 lol his whole setup is skavenger / animal. same with his best friend they hoarding them bobs bars btw and have my old green animal GLH tire too, im the one on the right funny thing is my bars are actually the GT 4 piece i just put an animal sticker on it messes with people on the regular hahha but theyre 9.1 and uncut

|

9/27/2018 6:43 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey Highway barscool

This, or any Odyssey bars for that matter - they are so solid.

|

Always movin'

9/27/2018 7:42 PM

What rise are your tabarnaks? They came in 8.25 and 8.75 iirc? Even if you've got the 8.75, going a full inch higher is hugely noticeable. A higher topload still might be a good idea too though, an upside down frontload still only has about 24mn rise, which is lower than most toploads. So if you get 9.75 bars, and run your stem frontload, it'll still be a fair bit higher than what you're using now, and you might not like it.

|

9/27/2018 10:36 PM

Stretch your arms out in front of you in your preferred width, and take note of how angled your wrists are. Some are flatter, mine are super angled and I found 4° upsweep the best fit for me. Bar height is very personal and only you would know what you want there.

|

9/28/2018 9:06 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

What rise are your tabarnaks? They came in 8.25 and 8.75 iirc? Even if you've got the 8.75, going a full inch higher is hugely noticeable. A higher topload still might be a good idea too though, an upside down frontload still only has about 24mn rise, which is lower than most toploads. So if you get 9.75 bars, and run your stem frontload, it'll still be a fair bit higher than what you're using now, and you might not like it.

My Tabarnaks are 9" it's too low - it's messing up my back/neck. I was thinking 10" bars but I don't want to go that high. I'm going to go order after we go to the park. I think this way I can try 3/4" higher rise or 1/2" rise higher by flipping my stem. Hopefully I like it.

|

9/28/2018 9:52 AM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

Stretch your arms out in front of you in your preferred width, and take note of how angled your wrists are. Some are flatter, mine are super angled and I found 4° upsweep the best fit for me. Bar height is very personal and only you would know what you want there.

Mine are pretty much flat. Must be why I like 2 degrees up. The Tabarnaks are 1 and that does sort of hurt sometimes.

|

9/28/2018 1:50 PM

Yeah, I ordered the Andre Bars. Should be here next tuesdayish.

|

10/12/2018 6:48 PM

Got my bars today. The extra height is nice and they feel pretty much like my rig bars, maybe a little stiffer. Had a fun bump jump sesh today. They feel pretty nice after the hour or so I got to ride. Didnt make me feel twitchy or anything. Hops were a little easier to pop, which is nice. It'll be fun to try them at the park tomorrow.

|