New Bern/havelock Nc

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2018 3:07 PM

Anyone have or know of any street riding spots in new Bern and havelock north Carolina

|

7/22/2018 5:36 PM

go pedal around and find some?

that is what street riding is about.

|

7/23/2018 10:11 AM

pnj wrote:

go pedal around and find some?

that is what street riding is about.

Lol you have a damn good point their

|

7/23/2018 1:54 PM

I'm not ashamed to admit I've google streetviewed neighborhoods to check for spots.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/25/2018 9:29 AM

When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, I started BMX'ing specifically because I was a street skater, but there was nowhere to skate in jacksonville except two skateparks. One of which was always closed, and the other was all the way on the airwing base at New River. growing up when I did, I never had many skateparks so I pretty much only knew how to skate street and the very basics of transition/ramp skating. I hated the idea of having to go to a skatepark to skate, just kills the spirit of it. I got a bmx thinking it would open up more street spots for me as a bike is a lot less fussy about imperfect spots, terrain, and surfaces, than a skateboard. I only found a couple of very mellow street spots in jacksonville, and if memory serves correctly, New Bern is even more rural than Jacksonville. living in New Bern I'm sure you may have heard of Guerilla Bike Shop. When I first went in there as a complete BMX newb they were all mad friendly.

Heres what really stood out about these guys. When I came back, even though I bought my bike used on CL and had yet to spend one single dollar with them, they were still crazy stoked that I got a bike and immediately started inviting me to ride and chill with them. I rode during any spare time I had, but didn't get to really spend quality riding time with them cause I was still enlisted and also working a civilian job for other reasons at the time, but anytime I would see them in the streets, they'd give me a lil dap and say whats up.

holler at those guys, man. Super friendly guy's, and if anybody knows where spots are in the New Bern area, it's probably them.

|

7/25/2018 10:01 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I'm not ashamed to admit I've google streetviewed neighborhoods to check for spots.

Holy shit, this is actually pretty smart.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

7/25/2018 10:03 AM

OG_TimeLord wrote:

When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune in Jacksonville, I started BMX'ing specifically because I was a street skater, but there ...more

I’ve been there, they are a pretty cool bunch, nice shop.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican