New Build: Tight BB??

Related:
Create New Tag

5/15/2014 1:13 PM

I just built up a trail/street bike on a Fit Benny frame. Parts came off another bike that was barely ridden. BB bearings are new. The crank seems a little tight, at least in the work stand. Will this loosen up? Or are my tolerances too close? This is my first BMX build.

|

Just an old guy riding the toys I couldn't afford 25 years ago!!

5/15/2014 1:17 PM

Grease it and ride it, they should loosen up.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

5/15/2014 1:18 PM

I greased it good when I installed. Once the rain stops, I'll be riding!

|

5/15/2014 1:18 PM

Trails bike on a benny? Youre insane.

Sounds like you need a longer internal spacer in your bottom bracket.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

5/15/2014 1:38 PM

Could try loosening the spindle bolts a little thats what i do whenever my cranks feel too tight

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

5/15/2014 1:54 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Trails bike on a benny? Youre insane.

Sounds like you need a longer internal spacer in your bottom bracket.

My trails consist of a path around my yard with some mild jumps and landings. Not like a *real* trail in the woods or something.

|

5/15/2014 5:35 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Could try loosening the spindle bolts a little thats what i do whenever my cranks feel too tight

Needs an internal spacer, or a longer one. I have one the perfect length for my BB, and I tighten the literal shit out of my spindle bolt and it spins excellent. Same goes for you OP, did you include the internal spacer of the correct length? How tight is it? Because new bottom brackets feel a tad tight at first but it shouldn't be real tight feeling.

|

5/15/2014 5:40 PM

how dose the benny feel i am trying to decide whether i should buy it or nah

|

5/15/2014 6:18 PM

dej wrote:

Considering you said "or nah," you should probably sell your bike and purchase a gun and one bullet.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/15/2014 6:22 PM

dej wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Considering you said "or nah," you should probably sell your bike and purchase a gun and one bullet.

Message me back on fb prick

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

5/15/2014 6:23 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Send me another message, Facebook fucking hates me.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

5/15/2014 6:27 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Send me another message, Facebook fucking hates me.

Done

|

5/15/2014 7:51 PM

xxohioanxx is just mad cause his girlfriend beats him

|