New DK legend 26 and what's up...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/25/2019 10:54 AM

Hey everyone I'm new to the forum and was inspired by this site to pick up a 26 inch bmx... I used to ride in the glory days of bmx and am 40 years young... Never any competitive bmx mostly just neighborhood shenanigans with friends... Had a mongoose expert in chrome and also a Haro master in black back in the day. I got back into riding on my Craigslist purchased mountain bike and had seen alot of the 24 and 26 inch bikes.

Fast forward and I recently picked up from Albe's a DK legend 26 inch bike... I will try and post a pic... So far haven't had a chance to ride it much but have taken it for a couple spins... Was very hard to get the handlebars to not move but might have them locked in now... Will probably upgrade the handlebars for maybe a 9 Ish rise and hopefully a little narrower too... The seat on this cruiser is a one piece seat and post deal that in my opinion is trash... I will definitely replace it. Overall the bike is a big sexy bmx chrome machine... Digging the retro look and hope to get some good ride time in soon!

Thanks to you all for posting good information about bikes and I hope to contribute as well...
Captain Crabs~~ Photo

|

1/25/2019 10:57 AM

hell yeah. tear it up!!!

|

It’s all bmx

1/25/2019 12:06 PM

Welcome! Nice to see you back on a BMX again!

|

1/25/2019 12:44 PM

Welcome to the forum! Nice DK. Lots of cool guys on here should you have any questions. Pedal on there Captain.

|

1/25/2019 1:54 PM

Nice bike. Getcha pull!

|

1/25/2019 2:08 PM

Nice bike. The chrome looks great.

|

1/25/2019 4:03 PM

Dig it! How does it feel to hop on it?

|

1/25/2019 4:05 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Welcome! Nice to see you back on a BMX again!

I just noticed you changed your profile pic! Nice man!

|

1/26/2019 5:04 AM

Welcome, Captain!

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

1/29/2019 8:05 PM

Nice bike. Just got me a 26" as well. Can't wait to see some detailed pics!

|

I don't ride a BMX bike to look cool to others, I do it because it's fun and never do I think "Boy I sure am cool on my BMX bike."
- Capt. Nemo

8/1/2019 8:09 AM

So what seat / post did you finally replace it with? Btw awesome looking cruiser!

|

9/30/2020 11:22 AM

nevets68 wrote:

So what seat / post did you finally replace it with? Btw awesome looking cruiser!

Thanks all! I had to set up a new profile as I couldn't sign back in or get them to reset my password... I have been enjoying the bike still and usually cruise around for 6 to 10 mile rides frequently. It has been a great bike so far and I ended up changing the handlebars to larger Rant bars I picked up locally, 9.25 I believe (game changer in the old school feel)... and I also put a new seat on it that is a compromise of comfort and style that works awesome but does get uncomfortable on longer rides. It is a cloud 9 kush plus.

I am getting a little creaking from the bottom bracket area and also thinking about putting a bigger sprocket on the front as it runs 25 and 11 in the back... not sure what could fit, but I think a 28 to possibly 30 could fit. Unsure of the real difference I would feel especially if I could only squeeze in the 28 tooth...

Appreciate all the comments and have enjoyed and still enjoying owing this bike! I get compliments on the bike almost every time I ride, and it gets eyeballed hard by 40 ish year old dudes that probably rode back in the day like alot of us... haha... Photo

Capt Crabs

|

9/30/2020 2:50 PM

40 year old dude here, and just wanted to say that I’m diggin that bike. The chrome frame and just the overall layout of it looks very old school, and very well proportioned. I think those taller bars really help and that seat has such a classic vibe to it. Nicely done. Sounds like you are getting some miles out of it, so it is definitely a winner.

|

“Don’t quote me boy cuz I ain’t said shit” - Ghandi