New Federal Hamilton ICS Frame! Thoughts?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/1/2019 6:27 PM

So Empire just put up preorders for Hamiltons frame online if you guys havent seen it. What do you guys think? I think it looks pretty sick tbh. Never rode a Federal before and never really cared about them but Im tempted to pick one of these up as Im planning on building a fun street build this year. Limited run of 100 frames
The Frame

|

4/1/2019 6:31 PM

April Fools?

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/1/2019 6:39 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

April Fools?

Nah its legit. Federal posted about it and on Hamiltons IG he's been talking about it for months. It drops this Friday

|

4/1/2019 6:45 PM

LikeRats wrote:

Nah its legit. Federal posted about it and on Hamiltons IG he's been talking about it for months. It drops this Friday

Where did Federal post about it? I just checked their site, their Facebook, their Instagram, even their Twitter, and there's no mention of it...

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/1/2019 6:47 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

Where did Federal post about it? I just checked their site, their Facebook, their Instagram, even their Twitter, and there's no mention of it...

I saw a screenshot of it from Empire I believe. Pretty sure its not a april fools as I called Empire earlier asking about it and they offered to get an order setup.

|

4/1/2019 8:07 PM

Not my style, but its cool. Also, its on that guys instagram thats linked in the description of the frame. Hes riding it in all his recent clips. It cant be fake

|

4/2/2019 12:15 AM

It’s too short and the bb is low ?

|

4/2/2019 3:28 AM

“Doesn’t seem to be that street”
The front end is based on the standard Tao frame, which Steven Hamilton used to ride before he was sponsored by federal, it was a flatland frame. Without Steven Hamilton, and his previous choices in frame geometry, street frames wouldn’t be what they are today. Without Steven Hamilton, street wouldn’t be what it is today.

|

4/2/2019 5:02 AM

.pegless. wrote:

The front end is based on the standard Tao frame, which Steven Hamilton used to ride before he was sponsored by federal, it was a flatland frame. Without Steven Hamilton, and his previous choices in frame geometry, street frames wouldn’t be what they are today. Without Steven Hamilton, street wouldn’t be what it is today.

This.

It is more street than most of the cookie cutter bullcrap that gets pumped out into the hands of kids these days.

This is rad.

I hope it is legit and I hope he gets hooked up some for it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/2/2019 5:53 AM

Its definitely legit. its on Empire's IG. Hamilton has been riding the prototype for a while now.

|

4/2/2019 6:51 AM

i want that 19.75in one sooooo bad

|

fack off

4/2/2019 8:11 AM

Call me stupid but I just sat here for like 2 minutes trying to remember how the hell we used to fix our seat posts to the frame without any integrated bolts fucking seat clamps man how do they even work

|

4/2/2019 8:24 AM

I love the Tao style front end. Chainstay plates are still useless tho. Thicker tubing is the solution.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

4/2/2019 8:31 AM

falloftroy20 wrote:

Call me stupid but I just sat here for like 2 minutes trying to remember how the hell we used to fix our seat posts to the frame without any integrated bolts fucking seat clamps man how do they even work

Separate seat clamps are a much better system. I've seen an integrated seat clamp take a large chunk of seat tube off when it broke, to the point that you couldn't put another seatclamp on it. That resulted in an otherwise perfectly good frame going to the skip

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

4/2/2019 9:55 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Never a truer word spoken, I think he used to ride a federal fraction before he got his first sig frame? He was the pioneer of nose manuals on street and pretty sure his frame was one of, if not the first ‘street’ frame to come with a 75 HA. I’ve had a federal Hamilton on 2 seperate occasions back in the day and is one of the best bikes I had! In fact the bike in my blurry ass profile pic is a Hamilton!

|

4/2/2019 10:16 AM

The ICS chainstays absolutely ruin it for me.

Also, as mentioned above, chainstay plates are pretty excessive. Oval, D-Shaped, and even just thicker tubes are far more practical for a number of reasons.

Would love to see a frame like this with a true wishbone and oval bottom tubes

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

4/2/2019 10:49 AM

This is a nice flatland/street hybrid ...

|

4/2/2019 11:51 AM

.pegless. wrote:

meatXloaf wrote:

Never a truer word spoken, I think he used to ride a federal fraction before he got his first sig frame? He was the pioneer of nose manuals on street and pretty sure his frame was one of, if not the first ‘street’ frame to come with a 75 HA. I’ve had a federal Hamilton on 2 seperate occasions back in the day and is one of the best bikes I had! In fact the bike in my blurry ass profile pic is a Hamilton!

Yeah he was on a faction before his signature frame. The faction also had a similar downtube/headtube gusset.

I’m building a bike for my son with a 2010ish Hamilton frame!

|

4/2/2019 12:00 PM

Can someone post a link? My googles searches have not been successful.

|

4/2/2019 12:02 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

[link]
|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

4/2/2019 12:22 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

p1p1092 wrote: [link]

Thanks!

|

4/2/2019 12:25 PM

It seems to be a lot like my Crysis exept for the BB height. I haven't ridden enough frames to know whether or not I would like it at 11 5. It's too short for me anyway.

|

4/2/2019 5:19 PM

learn a little history.... ^

Hamiltion IS street.

he's also like, 4 feet tall. so, short frames make sense....

someone post one of his vids here. I ain't got time for that .. but I know one of y'all does.

thanks.

|

4/2/2019 6:25 PM

this is from 2003.
|

4/2/2019 6:51 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

p1p1092 wrote: [link]

Was really hoping to get rick rolled

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/2/2019 6:53 PM

the chainstay plates might be excessive for some but not for pegless folk who do a lot of grinds. i always eventually dent my chainstays pretty good, including both BTM's i've owned (they got that thicc CS tubing)

|

selling refs: see profile
Instagram
bike check

4/2/2019 6:55 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Was really hoping to get rick rolled

Rick rolling is best done when nobody expects it. I think it would've been too obvious

|

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

- Hunter S. Thompson

4/2/2019 7:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2019 7:26 PM

If it had a shorter back end I’d maybe get one. I always liked the fraction frame lol and always liked riding short frames. If I didn’t do barspins I’d still ride a 20-20.4 top tube

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/2/2019 8:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2019 10:03 PM

A previous thread: “How do I use pedals?”
This thread: “Hamilton isn’t street”

|

4/2/2019 9:38 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

A previous thread: “How do I use pedals?”
This thread: “Hamilton isn’t street”

hahahaha. Frame is sick and Hamilton is a god. I can see how the frame might not be for everyone but its definitely rad and Im tempted to order it from Empire.

|