New Fork

Related:
Create New Tag

2/6/2016 5:22 PM

If i get a new fork how can i tell how many spacers i will need i dont know the height of the fork i have now.

|

2/6/2016 6:01 PM

Get the same amount of spacers if you are happy with your bar height, if the steerer tube is too long, cut it (~2mm below stem, not more) or put spacers over the stem, nothing to worry about.

|

2/6/2016 6:49 PM

You could measure it, or just get some spacers to be safe. They aren't that much and then you have some for if you ever do need them later on

|

2/7/2016 10:45 AM

Volume fork are the best and they are strong as a rock

|

2/7/2016 7:51 PM

I would say ODYSSEY or SHADOW INCEPTIVE, although HARO LINEAGE are nice.

|

2/7/2016 8:02 PM

I wouldn't cut the forks unless you really need to. Maybe you get another frame in the future, or if you are young grow a little bit, then you run the risk of having to buy new forks. Some people are pretty ocd about their setups and have to cut it down, but unless you feel the same it is dangerous. But if you have the money and don't mind, more power to you.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/8/2016 6:19 AM

Cedrik Storm wrote:

I wouldn't cut the forks unless you really need to. Maybe you get another frame in the future, or if you are young grow a ...more

Also if you run a gyro ever, you might leave yourself needing a new fork to have room for everything to move.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura