New Forks? R32?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/8/2017 3:41 PM

Looking for some new forks, thinking about replacing the Shadow Captivs with Odyssey R32 forks. Thought about the R25 but the frame has a 75.5 HT so that may be a bit too twitchy for me..? I tried the 26 setting on the Shadow but went back to the 32. I'm leaning towards the Odysseys due to their warranty.

The Shadow Captive fork is interesting due to the multiple offsets but it's a hassle to deal with at times.

Wanted to ask if anyone had any advice or suggestions for a new set of forks.? Thanks.

|

8/8/2017 3:48 PM

Can't ever go wrong with odyssey. Best forks in the business, period

|

8/8/2017 4:18 PM

Been running and absolutely loving my R32 fork for three years now. Simply can't go wrong.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/8/2017 4:42 PM

I've got a pair of R32's AND R25's and I love them both. Definitely recommended r32's

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

8/8/2017 5:32 PM

Looks like there's nothing else to see here...thank y'all for the input. I do appreciate it.

|

8/8/2017 7:42 PM

Should I even bother anymore

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

8/8/2017 7:57 PM

Odyssey Forks are the way to go.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/9/2017 1:21 AM

Andy_T wrote:

Looks like there's nothing else to see here...thank y'all for the input. I do appreciate it.

You'll love 'em, we guarantee!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

8/9/2017 4:01 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Should I even bother anymore

My bad dude, it's a dumb question I know. I used to be really active on silverfishlongboarding and noobs would ask the same stuff over and over. I've read the net, here and others, about the R32s and all of the reviews were solid, but I've never had any myself and don't know anyone personally that owns any.

I figured I'd just get a little positive reinforcement or recommendations for other forks before before I dropped the coin. I'll clean it up going forward...maybe...lol

|

8/9/2017 6:36 PM

Seems like most aftermarket forks nowadays, are getting heavier than they were 10 years ago. Some are almost 40oz. I don't think you can go wrong with any modern forks. I really like some of the investment cast designs they have now. Odyssey doesn't use ic yet. I'd personally rather have ic forks. If you like to grind, the dropouts on Odyssey forks aren't the best, and that's where they seem to fail the most. Of course any forks can break, but I think they have been breaking a lot less since they got heavier. Not saying Odyssey sucks. Of course they are some of the best forks around, but for heavy street riding, I think there are better alternatives. I'm sure they will hold up great, and the warranty is fantastic. I'd also look into the cult sect ic. They also have a lifetime warranty. I love mine. Just a thought. Like other people have said, you really can't go wrong with Odyssey, and if that's what your set on, then go for it.

|

8/10/2017 1:11 AM

I got WTP Patron Forks recently. Lifetime warranty, 7mm heat treated investment cast dropouts, available in 25mm or 35mm offset, cheaper than Odyssey.

I dont think theres that much between most of the good forks. I just narrowed it down to the 3 or 4 and i liked and got whichever was cheapest.

|

8/10/2017 8:02 AM

Odyssey forks are the best out

|

45 refs and counting check profile.