New Frame

Related:
Create New Tag

4/17/2019 11:54 AM

Hi , i just ordered a new frame ,an United Incarnate Frame Flat Trans Brown 21"
Frame

Now , My current bike is an Pre-build i searched the internet .. and apparently its an Haro Leucadia DLX 2016 20.3
Current Bike

Until now i changed some things , but nothing so technical ( I Changed : Tyres, Chain , Stem , Bars and Grips )

My question is : Can someone Tell me .. what is compatible on the new frame , i think i need a new fork Cap And BB.. but .. still i'm not sure
|

4/17/2019 11:57 AM

I can't say, for certain, but you shouldn't need a new fork cap. The only issue you could possibly have is if your new frame happened to have a taller head tube and your older fork was cut for a smaller head tube. Overall, I'd suggest a new BB for the new frame since taking out old BB bearings is always sketchy & I don't like banging around on bearings. So, IMHO, I'd say you should only need a BB.

|

4/17/2019 12:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2019 12:13 PM

Definitely going to need a Mid BB, seeing as how your current bike has an American BB. Those aren't compatible with the Incarnate.

*Edit*

I wrote about the chain, but it seems to me that the Haro has a CS length of 13.75", and the Incarnate has a 13" slammed stay. You might need to grab a chain breaker and have to take a link out to keep your back end feeling similar.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/17/2019 12:12 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Definitely going to need a Mid BB, seeing as how your current bike has an American BB. Those aren't compatible with the Incarnate.

*Edit*

I wrote about the chain, but it seems to me that the Haro has a CS length of 13.75", and the Incarnate has a 13" slammed stay. You might need to grab a chain breaker and have to take a link out to keep your back end feeling similar.

Lucky enough , I have some left overs from my curent Chain (SHADOW INTERLOCK V2) , and this frame already use a star nut .. but i think it's an integrated one .. so yeah..

|

4/17/2019 12:14 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

*Edit*

RazvanRS wrote:

Lucky enough , I have some left overs from my curent Chain (SHADOW INTERLOCK V2) , and this frame already use a star nut .. but i think it's an integrated one .. so yeah..

Edited my post, you should be good with the chain, especially if you have some spare stuff lying around.

|

4/17/2019 12:17 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Edited my post, you should be good with the chain, especially if you have some spare stuff lying around.

What about The Fork.. Will that work for me ..

|

4/17/2019 12:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2019 12:20 PM

BTW , i ordered this Frame because , i don't how or why ... was 16 $ .. and was the last in the stock .. i ordered it from sourcebmx.. when i saw it .. and i saw the original price. . i just pressed order...

|

4/17/2019 12:19 PM

RazvanRS wrote:

What about The Fork.. Will that work for me ..

I'm not familiar with integrated star nuts to be honest. If you have a chance can you post a pic of the inside of the top of the steerer tube?

Also, it's a hi-tensile fork, so you may consider upgrading soon.

|

4/17/2019 1:26 PM

You will need a 19mm Mid BB kit for those Haro cranks.

I can't tell if your headset is standard, or integrated, but I'd just pick up a new sealed "integrated" one, also.

United makes both of those, but you can use any other brand that has the same description.

|

4/17/2019 8:15 PM

Yeah you’ll need an integrated headset, and a mid bb. Make sure the headset you get comes with the crown race. You’ll have to tap the old one off your forks and put the new one on. But some integrated headsets don’t come with it. The fbm headset comes with the crown race, not sure which others do.
The star nut will still work, but you might need to lose the gyro as the incarnate probably has a longer headtube.

|

4/18/2019 4:21 AM

.pegless. wrote:

Yeah you’ll need an integrated headset, and a mid bb. Make sure the headset you get comes with the crown race. You’ll have to tap the old one off your forks and put the new one on. But some integrated headsets don’t come with it. The fbm headset comes with the crown race, not sure which others do.
The star nut will still work, but you might need to lose the gyro as the incarnate probably has a longer headtube.

For headset i think i'm gonna go for a Primo integrated headset.. it has crown race
and for BB Total Bmx Team Mid

|

4/18/2019 8:17 AM

RazvanRS wrote:

BTW , i ordered this Frame because , i don't how or why ... was 16 $ .. and was the last in the stock .. i ordered it from sourcebmx.. when i saw it .. and i saw the original price. . i just pressed order...

Yeah I had the same reaction but I got mine in Smoked Trans Black. I'll be building it up later today with lavender Gsport elite wheels. Be sure to post a picture of your bike when it's assembled--I'll do the same!

|

4/18/2019 8:55 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

*Edit*

Mid BB and American use the same size bearings, so if it is sealed, he would just pop the (usually) alloy cups off the bearings. If unsealed, he will need a BB and likely a spindle as they tend to have threading on them that would cause trouble.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/18/2019 8:57 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Mid BB and American use the same size bearings, so if it is sealed, he would just pop the (usually) alloy cups off the bearings. If unsealed, he will need a BB and likely a spindle as they tend to have threading on them that would cause trouble.

Yeah its unsealed:

3 pc Crmo 8 spline 175mm w/ USA loose ball BB

|