New Frame. Let's see what happens

Related:
Create New Tag

2/7/2019 11:37 AM

So I've been buying and reselling frames for a couple years just to test different geos to find what I like.
Got it narrowed down in my 20.6 BSD Soulja with the exception of the BB height(too tall at 11.7) and SO height( also too tall at 8.8).
I got a Stranger Ballast 20.75 on sale at black Friday and while I liked the low bb the whole bike felt so short (I'm guessing due to the lax STangle and steeper HT that I didnt like riding it after a couple weeks so I sold it and put my BSD back together.
A week ago i found a TOTAL Hangover H3 on sale that has all the same Geo except with a lower bb and SO
I'm curious to see if this provides me with the feeling I'm looking for.
The differences are
Soulja: 75.2 / 20.6 / 11.7 / 8.8 / 12.8-13.2
Hangover: 75.2 / 20.6 / 11.5 / 7.3 / 12.8-13.1

This is a park frame and I mostly ride street but I figured it would be cheaper to buy this and resell if I dont like it, than to pay $490 for a custom frame only to find it's not what I'm into.
It might sound excessive but by the time I've sold the BSD & stranger, I'll have made back more than the cost of the new frame so I'll actually come.out with a new frame and a profit.
Thanks to all those Mailorder companies that put stuff on sale!

|

2/7/2019 1:03 PM

I’ve had 3 of those totals. They’re actually nice. Helped with hop whips. At least landing back on the cranks instead of my foot clipping the seat as much. I hate tall standovers they feel awful.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/7/2019 4:17 PM

I got that lax STangle on lock!

|

2/7/2019 5:30 PM

Four wrote:

I’ve had 3 of those totals. They’re actually nice. Helped with hop whips. At least landing back on the cranks instead of my foot clipping the seat as much. I hate tall standovers they feel awful.

It's a bit lower than what I want (8.25) but I got it mostly to see how much of a difference on TT length feel it would make. Also the hop whip thing. I haven't landed one yet but I found when I went from an 8.25 to a 9.25 my foot kept snagging the seat and also my shin would hit the tt when doing foot jams or tables.

|

2/7/2019 5:32 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I got that lax STangle on lock!

I didnt factor that in when ordering unfortunately. had I gone with the 21" I think I'd still be on it. Sad that one little thing can ruin such a good ride. I really liked that frame lol

|

2/7/2019 11:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/7/2019 11:56 PM

No Sorry you're wrong, the Soulja is the perfect frame

|

2/8/2019 9:00 AM

RumHam wrote:

Nah you gotta get an alvx.

|

2/8/2019 7:59 PM

Four wrote:

Sean_Goff wrote:

It's a bit lower than what I want (8.25) but I got it mostly to see how much of a difference on TT length feel it would make. Also the hop whip thing. I haven't landed one yet but I found when I went from an 8.25 to a 9.25 my foot kept snagging the seat and also my shin would hit the tt when doing foot jams or tables.

I’m on 7.8 right now. The total was pretty low. I hate trying to hop whip a high seat. I like my seat low and out of the way lol but I’m not very tall.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

2/8/2019 8:01 PM

I was looking into the Hangover as well, but ended up with my Eastern. I love short standovers, mine's 7.4".

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

2/10/2019 7:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/10/2019 7:58 AM

RumHam wrote:

Buy mine! I really liked it but the bb felt wonky for exactly what I do and combine that with a 13" rear it felt a little weird on airs and big ramps. Loved everything else about it though.

|

2/10/2019 7:56 AM

The verdict is in. She's pure butter. Im staying with this frame. A real beauty too. Stands out more than I like for riding a park frame at a plaza but the ride is what I'm after.
Airs like a dream, so easy to control and doesnt feel like it's running away with you.
Manuals, locks spins and grinds, twists, does everything way smoother. Yesterday I rode a backwards nose for farther.than I ever had before and pulled a dip 360 no sweat, both nbd for me.
The low SO really does make foot jams easier and you can stay in them longer for some reason. I seriously think that's why Alex made it so low because all that guy does is foot jam. Heres a couple pics.

|

2/10/2019 11:53 AM

Very nice. I love mine. Perfect geo. Went through a shit ton of different geo throughout the years same as you and came to
75 HT
20.4-6TT
71 ST
11.5bb
12.9RE
7.4-7.8SOH

|

2/11/2019 7:01 AM

Cellmember wrote:

Very nice. I love mine. Perfect geo. Went through a shit ton of different geo throughout the years same as you and came to
75 HT
20.4-6TT
71 ST
11.5bb
12.9RE
7.4-7.8SOH

That's sweet. We're looking for almost the same geos to a t.
I prefer the look of an 8.25 but this one feels great.
75.25 all day on the head tube, I've done 75.5 3 times and felt cheated each time.
71 ST just because I know how it feels. I honestly prefer the look of a laid back one but I can never seem to dial in the tt conversion and end up with a longer or shorter feel than I expected.
20.7 feels like its stretching it but I never think about it when I'm on a 20.6.
11.5/6 is comfy enough.
12.9 on the backend feels perfect. ?
What do u ride mostly? I'm basic street/plaza style stuff.

|