New Frame or Wheel?? Decisions

Related:
Create New Tag

7/16/2013 8:13 PM

So long story short , my frame has a standerd headset , right now I am running a Mechanik STI (Standerd to Intergrated) headset so I could upgrade my stock forks to Primo Strands ( I 100% recommend them if you are thinking of getting them back to the point) , and I also have a Nitrous Double Shot Cassette Wheel which is bent and it is trued perfectly , so I was wondering should I upgrade my frame to a Failure Maniac or should I get a Profile Mini laced to a G-sport Birdcage. Decisions Decisions any help ?

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/16/2013 8:20 PM

personaly i think you should do wheel , its not like the wheel is gonna get any better or stay the same but only if you have a ok frame now

|

7/16/2013 8:26 PM

I was thinking that I mean its not like I'm going to crack my frame ( now that I say that I probably will ) and I could really get messed up if I land wrong on this wheel.

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/16/2013 8:30 PM

what frame or complete do you have , and yeah especially if its a casset

|

7/16/2013 8:33 PM

Well if its perfectly trued and bent then it isnt perfectly trued.... Back to the point, get both, save longer and wait til you have enough for both. If that is not an option, get a slightly cheaper (on sale) frame and get a new rim and get it laced to the hub.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/16/2013 8:37 PM

No the rim itself is bent like no matter how trued it is the rim is bent , and I would have to buy both with my own money or wait until Christmas for one or the other .

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/16/2013 9:21 PM

kody.geier wrote:

No the rim itself is bent like no matter how trued it is the rim is bent , and I would have to buy both with my own money or wait until Christmas for one or the other .

Do you mean as in the side walls or do you mean the wheel has egged, as in gone oval shaped?

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

7/16/2013 9:24 PM

and unless you just ride park i wouldn't go with a profile. Yes they have great engagement and are smooth. but so is a primo Mix (Not the remix) but the profile isn't really meant for street abuse or trail riding. Please someone don't tell me that the profile can have ceramic parts so they would be stronger because ceramic is only strong when at extreme heats.
Just wondering what BB does your frame run?

|

7/16/2013 9:33 PM

if there is nothing wrong with with the frame then get the wheel.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

7/16/2013 10:16 PM

|

Bang Bang bmx

7/16/2013 10:49 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

Do you mean as in the side walls or do you mean the wheel has egged, as in gone oval shaped?

The sidewall is bent

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/16/2013 10:51 PM

jamiespadina wrote:

and unless you just ride park i wouldn't go with a profile. Yes they have great engagement and are smooth. but so is a primo Mix (Not the remix) but the profile isn't really meant for street abuse or trail riding. Please someone don't tell me that the profile can have ceramic parts so they would be stronger because ceramic is only strong when at extreme heats.
Just wondering what BB does your frame run?

I ride a bit of both , and my frame runs mid I currently have a Shadow Corvus Mid BB

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/17/2013 8:34 AM

kody.geier wrote:

jamiespadina wrote:

kody.geier wrote:

The sidewall is bent

awww okay that's understandable, yeah go for the wheel and for the frame just checking to make sure that you didn't have the old unsealed us BB because that would change it to swap the frame out before the wheel because i hated those soo much.

|

7/17/2013 10:48 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

awww okay that's understandable, yeah go for the wheel and for the frame just checking to make sure that you didn't have the old unsealed us BB because that would change it to swap the frame out before the wheel because i hated those soo much.

Ya , so I was thinking of saving up a bit more for a wheel still debating on hub but for sure a g-sport bidrcage. then for christmas get my frame smile

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/17/2013 7:15 PM

*bump*

|

Ride Hard or Don't Ride.

7/17/2013 7:53 PM

Just buy a super dialed complete

|

fack off