New G-Sport rear hub anytime soon?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/2/2014 12:24 PM

I'm looking to buy a new rear wheel and I was wondering if anyone knows will there be any new rear hubs being released in the next couple of months, in particular if the ratchet is due to be replaced.

Any general recommendations for a new rear wheel set up are appreciated too smile

Thanks.

|

1/2/2014 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 12:46 PM

The Ratchet IS being replaced with a Simian Rear.. It's been kept really hush, hush. Not a great deal is known about it other than it exists!....

My Recommendation would be either...

Wethepeople Supreme 2013/14 ... It Runs on a Q-Lite System, Unbelievably Good Engaging Hub! The Pawls Are Inside The Hub Shell Instead Of Attached To The Driver & The Ratchet Ring Is On The Driver! TRUE 14mm Female Axle Too!

Shadow Conspiracy BTR - It Has A 4 Pawl Individually Sprung Driver, Which Makes It The ONLY 14mm TRUE Female Axle'd Cassette Hub On The Market With That Driver Set Up!! Alloy & Chromoly Hub Guards Are Available For It Too!

Odyssey Antigram - Basically A Slimmed Down Ratchet Hub, Not Much More To Say TBH...

Tree Straight Pull - It Has A Weird Axle Set Up That Allows You To Literally Crank Down On The Bolts & Never Crush The Bearings! 17mm TRUE Female Inner Axle with 14mm Bolts Like All Of The Above! & With The Straight Pull Hub Shell, You Will HAVE To Run Tree's Spokes, But It's A Neat Design & They Will Be Dropping Press Fit Hub Guards SOON!!!

Eclat Dynamic - It Has A 120 Point Engagement System, Meaning It Will Engage SUPER Fast! Down/Upside It Will Sound Like A Swarm Of Hornets Inside A Tin Can Being Shaken!!! It Has A She-Male Axle, So UNLIKE The Above Cassette Hubs, It Has A 14mm Male Axle That Is Cut Off Inside The Drop Outs & Then The Axle Is Drilled Out & Threaded For 3/8ths Bolts! The Hub Is Supported By The 14mm Axle In The Drop Outs, So You DON'T Have To Worry About Strength, But You WILL Need 3/8ths Pegs!

|

1/2/2014 12:48 PM

^^ I don't get what the advantages of Q-lite are. I can't see any advantages of the Pawls being in the Hub shell whatsoever and surely it could potentially damage the shell? If anyone knows please enlighten me.

|

1/2/2014 2:40 PM

Madera V2 any good?

|

1/2/2014 2:55 PM

greggyt94 wrote:

Madera V2 any good?

Shit yeah Profile/Madera is awesome.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

1/2/2014 3:03 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

^^ I don't get what the advantages of Q-lite are. I can't see any advantages of the Pawls being in the Hub shell whatsoever and surely it could potentially damage the shell? If anyone knows please enlighten me.

This. You have a LOT more pressure going directly onto the alloy hubshell. However im sure the new supremes will use steel pawl/spring seats. I still dont see any advantages though. Im almost positive it will be a nuke proof hub, however I wish it would just use a regular driver system but w/e.

Im ordering the Gsport Ratchet in a few days. Its supposedly an AMAZING hub. It only uses 3 pawls on a wider driver, causing extremely poor engagement. But for a street rider such as myself, and one who loves to fakie at that, I find it as more of an advantage. I tried riding this kids bike with a colony wasp on it the other day, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to fakie. I practically had to 180-TE to get a fakie going. It was pretty bad. I contacted Zodiac Eng about drilling out a Gsport driver
for 6 pawls and was told theres not enough room on the driver to do so, but if I got the driver welded (weld all the pawl/spring seats shut) we could drill it for 4-5pawls.

I think the Simian Rear will fix the poor engagement and thicken the flanges. I conclude this because the Simian front is basically a Marmoset with thicker flanges (im pretty sure?). I wonder if the all awaited G-coaster is upon us and Gsport will just adopt the Ezra cassette/fc conversion clutch idea and sell it seperately to convert the Ratchet/Simian to coaster mode.

Only time will tell though. They might scrap the idea of a simian rear and just make 4-5 pawl drivers or even teethed pawls for the ratchets for all that we know, not that its a bad idea.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/2/2014 3:04 PM

Also, Gsport Ratchets are $120 on danscomp. And theres a few for around $100-$140 on ebay aswell.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/2/2014 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/2/2014 4:03 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

This. You have a LOT more pressure going directly onto the alloy hubshell. However im sure the new supremes will use steel pawl/spring seats. I still dont see any advantages though. Im almost positive it will be a nuke proof hub, however I wish it would just use a regular driver system but w/e.

Im ordering the Gsport Ratchet in a few days. Its supposedly an AMAZING hub. It only uses 3 pawls on a wider driver, causing extremely poor engagement. But for a street rider such as myself, and one who loves to fakie at that, I find it as more of an advantage. I tried riding this kids bike with a colony wasp on it the other day, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to fakie. I practically had to 180-TE to get a fakie going. It was pretty bad. I contacted Zodiac Eng about drilling out a Gsport driver
for 6 pawls and was told theres not enough room on the driver to do so, but if I got the driver welded (weld all the pawl/spring seats shut) we could drill it for 4-5pawls.

I think the Simian Rear will fix the poor engagement and thicken the flanges. I conclude this because the Simian front is basically a Marmoset with thicker flanges (im pretty sure?). I wonder if the all awaited G-coaster is upon us and Gsport will just adopt the Ezra cassette/fc conversion clutch idea and sell it seperately to convert the Ratchet/Simian to coaster mode.

Only time will tell though. They might scrap the idea of a simian rear and just make 4-5 pawl drivers or even teethed pawls for the ratchets for all that we know, not that its a bad idea.

The Ratchet is discontinued so I can't see them making any new parts for it.

I'm 99% sure the Simian rear has an updated driver system. I think that's the main upgrade.

The Simian front doesn't have thicker flanges, they're just "pushed in" on the shell (Even though they're the same distance from the middle as the Marmoset, the shell itself is just wider), which reduces the chance of the bearing seats deforming. They also have chromoly collars which is a HUGE upgrade over the aluminum ones. Mine kept getting stuck on the axle and prying them off would destroy them to the point of not being able to use them anymore.

Oh, and also the G Coaster is still years away, pretty sure George restarted from scratch pretty recently.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/2/2014 4:09 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

The Ratchet is discontinued so I can't see them making any new parts for it.

I'm 99% sure the Simian rear has an updated driver system. I think that's the main upgrade.

The Simian front doesn't have thicker flanges, they're just "pushed in" on the shell (Even though they're the same distance from the middle as the Marmoset, the shell itself is just wider), which reduces the chance of the bearing seats deforming. They also have chromoly collars which is a HUGE upgrade over the aluminum ones. Mine kept getting stuck on the axle and prying them off would destroy them to the point of not being able to use them anymore.

Oh, and also the G Coaster is still years away, pretty sure George restarted from scratch pretty recently.

I didn't know any of this lol. I was judging my Simian/Marmoset off of the danscomp pictures/description.
I fe dumb. I hope the Simian driver fits the Ratchet :o

|