New Hoffman Wade frame?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/11/2020 10:55 AM

7.6 pounds? I feel like I'm back in 2002.

What do y'all think about this?

|

6/11/2020 11:07 AM

Very interesting definitely should have a lifetime warranty lol

Wheres the link though?

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/11/2020 11:11 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Wheres the link though?

https://m.vitalbmx.com/features/Morgan-Wade-Hoffman-Frame,6338
|

6/11/2020 11:13 AM

Wade said he likes heavier bikes. Feels more stable to him in the air and not as twitchy.

|

6/11/2020 11:23 AM

I like Hoffman but will they ever make a frame under 13.75 slammed lol. All their frames are nearly the same geo and this thing being so heavy isn’t really going to help sell them.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/11/2020 11:37 AM

OneGuyIlluminatiEye wrote:

Wheres the link though?

Oh my thats an ugly ass frame lol
And to weight that much and it doesn’t even have a wishbone ew

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

6/11/2020 11:50 AM

Morgan wade is a fucking badass. If I had the money I'd buy one of his frames, but apparently they only made like 10? and they're sold out

|

fack off

6/11/2020 11:58 AM

Photo

I love Morgan and I love that this frame embodies everything he's about. This truly is a SIGNATURE frame!
|

6/11/2020 11:59 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

Morgan wade is a fucking badass. If I had the money I'd buy one of his frames, but apparently they only made like 10? and they're sold out

More soon. I'll bet we get a formal update sooner than later. I may or may not know more than I'm saying.

|

6/11/2020 12:01 PM

Four wrote:

I like Hoffman but will they ever make a frame under 13.75 slammed lol. All their frames are nearly the same geo and this thing being so heavy isn’t really going to help sell them.

They sold out.

But I agree. More footage of Seth Kimbrough and Morgan shredding would sell more bikes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/11/2020 12:26 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

They sold out.

But I agree. More footage of Seth Kimbrough and Morgan shredding would sell more bikes.

But selling out doesn’t quite mean that they’re a hit. As said above if they’ve only made 10 and sold 10 then it’s hard to say it’s a hit. A lot of companies produce pretty limited quantities like t1, mutiny, Hoffman etc

Seth Kimbrough is one of my favorite riders and I’ve always wanted the bama but that geo just isn’t for me lol.

|

6/11/2020 12:45 PM

Four, you are missing the point. What is awesome about this is that it wasn't a business decision. This goes to show that at it's roots, the Condor and Hoffman bikes care about making a rad bike that Morgan likes. Doesn't get better than that! They clearly weren't pressuring Morgan to follow any "trends" to get sales, they just wanted the dude to ride something he likes and they fully backed him on it.

|

6/11/2020 1:16 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Four, you are missing the point. What is awesome about this is that it wasn't a business decision. This goes to show that at it's roots, the Condor and Hoffman bikes care about making a rad bike that Morgan likes. Doesn't get better than that! They clearly weren't pressuring Morgan to follow any "trends" to get sales, they just wanted the dude to ride something he likes and they fully backed him on it.

Hell yea. I dont like it personally, but I love that it's actually his. Mat cares more about bmx than he does money and I respect the hell out of that. Better than Morales pumping out the exact same frame over and over for the 12 year olds

|

6/11/2020 1:23 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

HtownGetDown wrote:

Hell yea. I dont like it personally, but I love that it's actually his. Mat cares more about bmx than he does money and I respect the hell out of that. Better than Morales pumping out the exact same frame over and over for the 12 year olds

He sold Hoffman to target though from what I’ve heard he doesn’t even own Hoffman

|

6/11/2020 1:44 PM

I’d never run it, but it’s awesome and I fully support Wade’s decisions with design.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/11/2020 1:48 PM

Four wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

|

6/11/2020 1:51 PM

eskimojay wrote:

He sold Hoffman to target though from what I’ve heard he doesn’t even own Hoffman

That's a no so good.

|

6/11/2020 1:54 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Wasn't aware of the Target thing, but I was under the impression Mat was still running the show. Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong though

|

6/11/2020 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2020 2:30 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

No,I get it’s his signature frame. What I’m saying is the company lacks any diversity in their line of frames limiting their market and by doing so they get less profit. Which is a good way to run your business out. This frame isn’t much different than any other of their frames except the unnecessary extra 2 lbs and the welded mounts.

Also I don’t think the whole “Hoffman isn’t in it for sales” thing is kind of invalid. We have cheap busted feeling Hoffman completes at the local Dick’s sporting goods that look like if you did a trick on them they’d break. I’ve also heard the target thing.

|

6/11/2020 3:46 PM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Four wrote:

No,I get it’s his signature frame. What I’m saying is the company lacks any diversity in their line of frames limiting their market and by doing so they get less profit. Which is a good way to run your business out. This frame isn’t much different than any other of their frames except the unnecessary extra 2 lbs and the welded mounts.

Also I don’t think the whole “Hoffman isn’t in it for sales” thing is kind of invalid. We have cheap busted feeling Hoffman completes at the local Dick’s sporting goods that look like if you did a trick on them they’d break. I’ve also heard the target thing.

the big daddy frame is under 13.7 slammed

|

fack off

6/12/2020 4:41 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Four wrote:

If Target owned them, you would see Hoffman Bikes at Target.

Kinda like when GT was bought by Pacific Cycles back in the early 00s and you would find the EXACT same GT bike at Walmart and shops, but it was a LOT cheaper in Walmart. GT was found where anything Pacific was (aka WALMART) for a bit.

That's why GT basically disappeared from shops so fast (at least locally). And it wasn't initially like Mongoose where you have cheap versions and actual shop versions, they were 100% the same thing for very different pricing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/12/2020 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/12/2020 8:45 AM

SoCalShreds wrote:

Four wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

If Target owned them, you would see Hoffman Bikes at Target.

Kinda like when GT was bought by Pacific Cycles back in the early 00s and you would find the EXACT same GT bike at Walmart and shops, but it was a LOT cheaper in Walmart. GT was found where anything Pacific was (aka WALMART) for a bit.

That's why GT basically disappeared from shops so fast (at least locally). And it wasn't initially like Mongoose where you have cheap versions and actual shop versions, they were 100% the same thing for very different pricing.

Trying to remember if it was a catfish or a Steve swope podcast I listened to that they said the people that own target also own Hoffman , can’t remember though there’s been so many podcasts I’ve listened too I’m not going searching for it , would make sense seeings how all the CFB dvds had target logos all over the place , I don’t see Hoffman living in that giant mansion with the huge pool on lakefront property with his vert ramp by selling complete Hoffman’s , most of them are junk, could be wrong though , it could be all that Disney money he makes running BMX at the x games

|

6/15/2020 5:15 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Trying to remember if it was a catfish or a Steve swope podcast I listened to that they said the people that own target also own Hoffman , can’t remember though there’s been so many podcasts I’ve listened too I’m not going searching for it , would make sense seeings how all the CFB dvds had target logos all over the place , I don’t see Hoffman living in that giant mansion with the huge pool on lakefront property with his vert ramp by selling complete Hoffman’s , most of them are junk, could be wrong though , it could be all that Disney money he makes running BMX at the x games

I wouldn't trust anything Catfish says unless he is making fun of himself.

You also gotta factor cost of living where Mat is. OK is pretty cheap to live in compared to so many places.

Like my current house is 2400 sq feet, 4 bed 2 bath with unfinished basement. When done, 5 bed 3 bath on .40 acre. I scored it for under 170K. Where I live is DIRT cheap to be compared to so many places around the US.

And even then, Hoffman was a pretty big brand back in the day. He still probably makes a little money off his video game stuff, the brand itself, he was involved with Jackass stuff, his Evil Knieval tribute thing, he sells art, makes appearances, was an announcer and judge for tons of contests etc. and probably still has some sponsors or is a spokeperson for some stuff. If he was smart with his money, he could have bought his property and paid it off pretty fast. Also his wife might work too, so there is more money coming in.
Target was a co-sponsor like Jones Soda as well. Plus he has a deal now with Dick's Sporting Goods for his completes.

I looked it up, his net worth is around $18 million. Makes sense based on everything he has been involved in. Nice to see some pros and former pros not scraping by working on the side.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

6/18/2020 10:22 AM

The only reason I dont ride the bama is because they couldn't tell me the tube thickness and the tire clearance

|

I believe in hub guard protection

7/8/2020 1:56 AM

Photo
|

7/8/2020 11:41 AM

HtownGetDown wrote: Photo

I feel the same way lol

|

fack off

7/8/2020 12:16 PM

Morgan Wade is a liar......

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

7/8/2020 12:18 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Morgan Wade is a liar......

What? Hahahaha

|

7/8/2020 12:47 PM

Morgan didn’t lie, that idiot scale lied. Bit rude if you ask me.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/8/2020 1:29 PM

See right here!
Photo
And even though I was to lazy to read the article at first,I jumped to a conclusion and ran with it.I want him,his wife and kids,and their kids doxed and banned from the internet cause I'm totally offended that one of my fave riders made a honest mistake that cause me to run to my safe space and cuddle with my therapy hampster.
It's hard enough living through 2020 without this nightmare.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.