New Hubs!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2014 2:55 PM

Ok so I'm getting new hubs... Any suggestions, I've been thinking alientation thrust, animal javelin, colony wasp, oddsy antigram, cinema vx, or primo n4fl... What do you guys think I should get?

|

Still Learning BMX

6/25/2014 2:57 PM

g-sport simian

|

6/25/2014 3:14 PM

nitrous single shot

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/25/2014 3:17 PM

Do you grind? If so what side?
What do you ride most- trails, park, street/street oriented park?
Do you frequently do fakies?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/25/2014 3:22 PM

I grind occasionally, and fakie a lot, mainly street and park grind on both sides evenly

|

Still Learning BMX

6/25/2014 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2014 3:38 PM

I would go for a Gsport Ratchet or Shadow BTR in the rear. They feature 14mm female axles which makes them virtually indestructible even when it comes to grinding. The Gsport is definitely the stronger of the two and has lifetime warranty, but it has a pretty laggy engagement. Some people, like myself, like that for fakies. The BTR has a bit higher of an engagement, but not enough to mess you up on fakies. It engages similar to a Profile Mini/Primo Remix/Cult Match. The Gsport Ratchet engages similar to an Odyssey Hazard or other Joytech hubs.

I would AVOID high engagement hubs such as the Colony Wasp, Premium Stinger, Èclat Dynamic, Profile Elite, Alienation Thrust, etc. They can and will make fakies a huge pain in the arse!

For a front hub, I would get either a Gsport Marmoset/Simian or a Shadow Raptor to match your rear hub. The Gsport hubs are definitely stronger than the Shadow and feature lifetime warranty, but the Shadow uses a flawless design and wont give you any problems either.

I would keep those new hubs guarded up too! I would recommend BSD Jersey Barriers all around on the Gsport hubs, with a Daily Grind DSG for your driver.
For the Shadow hubs, get the Shadow guards that are designed to work specifically with those hubs. Get the Chromoly ones though!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/25/2014 3:43 PM

Thanks I'm thinking about the G sports

|

Still Learning BMX

6/25/2014 4:47 PM

Chris king front hub, profile elite with to driver and 14 mm Gdh spindle

|