New Kink Backwoods frame

Related:
Create New Tag

1/24/2019 8:24 PM

Thoughts? Good for trails? Seems to have decent geometry. I'm not familiar with Kink products and frames as far as quality and such.

|

1/24/2019 8:45 PM

Seems like a solid all-rounder to me. Cool frame cool idea

|

1/24/2019 10:13 PM

kink trying to appeal to the kiddies by using the backwoods logo aesthetic like countless brands have already done. pretty sad tbh. the stoner image is the last thing that comes to mind when I think about kink.

|

1/24/2019 10:44 PM

so much better stuff you can get with similar geo imo. Im sure its a nice frame but Kink doesnt appeal to me at all and of all the 2 Kink products Ive had theyve both sucked.

|

1/24/2019 11:16 PM

I had no idea backwoods was related to weed until I googled it, lol. I don't mind it, they look pretty cool, I like the built in chain tensioners and gussets but I'll pass. FBM Steadfast is at the top of my list at this point.

|

1/25/2019 7:28 AM

snippersnapperz wrote:

I had no idea backwoods was related to weed until I googled it, lol. I don't mind it, they look pretty cool, I like the built in chain tensioners and gussets but I'll pass. FBM Steadfast is at the top of my list at this point.

That x1000 FBM all the way. Steadfasts are a thing of beauty

|

1/25/2019 8:04 AM

wustachemax wrote:

kink trying to appeal to the kiddies by using the backwoods logo aesthetic like countless brands have already done. pretty sad tbh. the stoner image is the last thing that comes to mind when I think about kink.

Backwoods are cigars, not pre-rolled weed-cigars.
Plenty of companies do and have done far worse. S&M uses Alcohol as a gimmick/selling point for their Tallboy frame & can't forget their "Sweet-leaf" printed parts. Banned has a sprocket with a hemp-leaf design & even a "Stash Cap" for hiding goodies in your bike. Don't get me started on Fit's advertising for Brandon Begin's Frame/Bike, which happens to be decked out with modified Seagrams liquor logos.

I love the small gimmicky aspects of the packaging that ultimately give the Frame some more character than your average frame in a cardboard box.
The fact that this frame comes in a giant Backwood wrapper instead of a plain old box like every other frame on the market is genius to me, makes me want it when I don't even actually want it?
Reminds me a lot of my Subrosa Highlife Stem & Magnum Sprocket, which came packaged in beer can & condom wrapper shaped boxes.

Every BMX company can make parts, but how many actually go above and beyond to make sure you get a thrill just from opening the packaging to get to their product? It's the thought that counts I guess lol.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/25/2019 8:11 AM

Also, I learned my lesson a long time ago about trying to keep BMX 100% clean-cut.

It's best to leave that up to the marketing guys in the industry.
There is literally thousands of products out there all with the same style / image. Imo it's a good thing to see companies expanding past the norm to provide products that appeal to people other than children/parents. BMX has always been one of the most diverse action-sports industries, let's keep it that way?

Kudos to Kink for putting a good deal of thought into this frame, while simultaneously introducing the new Contender frame for those that have a more clean-cut or competitive image?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/25/2019 8:27 AM

A backwood blunt sounds great right about now , it’s goIng to take more then funny tongue and cheek humour to get me to buy a frame though

|

1/25/2019 9:26 AM

If it had geo that i like i would already own one.

|

1/26/2019 12:03 AM

snippersnapperz wrote:

LikeRats wrote:

That x1000 FBM all the way. Steadfasts are a thing of beauty

Agreed!

|

1/26/2019 12:11 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Also, I learned my lesson a long time ago about trying to keep BMX 100% clean-cut.

It's best to leave that up to the marketing guys in the industry.
There is literally thousands of products out there all with the same style / image. Imo it's a good thing to see companies expanding past the norm to provide products that appeal to people other than children/parents. BMX has always been one of the most diverse action-sports industries, let's keep it that way?

Kudos to Kink for putting a good deal of thought into this frame, while simultaneously introducing the new Contender frame for those that have a more clean-cut or competitive image?

I agree with you and I think it's good to have variety of options to fit everyones tastes/styles from clean cut to whatever. It's all about having fun!

|

1/27/2019 8:55 PM

wustachemax wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Backwoods are cigars, not pre-rolled weed-cigars.
Plenty of companies do and have done far worse. S&M uses Alcohol as a gimmick/selling point for their Tallboy frame & can't forget their "Sweet-leaf" printed parts. Banned has a sprocket with a hemp-leaf design & even a "Stash Cap" for hiding goodies in your bike. Don't get me started on Fit's advertising for Brandon Begin's Frame/Bike, which happens to be decked out with modified Seagrams liquor logos.

I love the small gimmicky aspects of the packaging that ultimately give the Frame some more character than your average frame in a cardboard box.
The fact that this frame comes in a giant Backwood wrapper instead of a plain old box like every other frame on the market is genius to me, makes me want it when I don't even actually want it?
Reminds me a lot of my Subrosa Highlife Stem & Magnum Sprocket, which came packaged in beer can & condom wrapper shaped boxes.

Every BMX company can make parts, but how many actually go above and beyond to make sure you get a thrill just from opening the packaging to get to their product? It's the thought that counts I guess lol.

I never said bmx should be clean cut. My point is that kink has never associated themselves with anyone that isn't pretty much straight edge, and now all of the sudden they come out with this rip off of the backwoods brand.

S&M has a bunch of dudes that are stoners on the team, same with fit. There's nothing wrong with S&M using their sweetleaf print becuase they have dudes like charlie crum, kareem, whammo and hobie on their team. Weed is small part of their brand image.

When I think of kink the last thing I think about is anything related to stoner culture. You keep praising them for stepping outside of the box and creating such a unique concept, when in reality the backwoods logo is extremely abused. Its almost as if kink hit up instagram and found out kids think backwoods are cool so they stuck their logo on a frame.

Also, the frame does not ship in a bag. They used that thing for the commercial. Think of the logistics of a.using that much ink just to package a single frame, and b. storing all those frames in loose bags. Do you understand that practically every frame would have damage?

|

1/28/2019 4:03 AM

As long as Begin has been pimping backwoods in all his edits I’m surprised it wasn’t Fitbikeco doing a backwoods edition frame!

|

1/28/2019 6:15 AM

It's all just marketing, no one is gonna see your backwoods frame and think you're some goof stoner. The only people, other than skaters/bmxers who look at your bike are probably just wondering how you ride a kid's bike lol. Gimmicky stuff like that doesn't matter, just take the stickers off. Buy for the geo and color (then ultimately raw or paint it matte black). You'll be much happier.

That being said, seagrams 7 is really good, and if I wanted a seagrams 7 logo on my bike, I'd just take the label off a bottle and seal it with clear vinyl.

|

Come back with a warrant.