New To biking, Parts loose, wobble, squeaking

Related:
Create New Tag

9/12/2013 5:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2013 8:14 PM

so i got a new bike and i rode it for about 1 1/2 week and now the front wheel wobbles even when the front axel is tight , and also when i pedal my right pedal squeeks when it gets to the bottom, and when i pedal and the left pedal gets to the bottom i feel like a bump type thing, im new to biking and stuff ,so if u know how to fix please tell me how and how to do it , Thank You !

|

9/12/2013 5:28 PM

its not your back wheel squeeking its your bb. is it sealed or no?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

9/12/2013 5:54 PM

I used to have a fiction but now I have a premium but any way my fiction within about the same time as urs did my bb got loose but it was an American bb so I just tightened it with a cresant wrench it shouldn't happen but it does

|

9/12/2013 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2013 8:13 PM

Fictionsdd2 wrote:

I used to have a fiction but now I have a premium but any way my fiction within about the same time as urs did my bb got loose but it was an American bb so I just tightened it with a cresant wrench it shouldn't happen but it does

where do I tighten? I'm not good with bikes yet

|

9/12/2013 8:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/12/2013 8:13 PM

feeble_to_face wrote:

its not your back wheel squeeking its your bb. is it sealed or no?

I said pedals are squeaking and front wheel is wobbling even though the axels are tight... Also here's bike info:

The 2012 Verde Eon bike has a hi-tensile steel frame featuring a standard headset that uses sealed integrated bearings, 1-1/8" fork with chromoly steerer tube, alloy frontload stem, 8.1" rise 2-pc bars, Duo Doyle grips, alloy U-brake and lever, 3-pc heat-treated chromoly cranks with sealed Mid BB, Verde 25T chainwheel, 14mm semi-sealed cassette hub with 9T driver, 3/8" alloy front hub, 36H alloy rims with aero style front rim, 2.3" wide tires, 1-pc seat/post combo and plastic platform pedals. (25.3 lbs)
Frame Specs
Toptube: 20.25"
Headtube Angle: 74.5°
Seattube Angle: 71°
BB Height: 11.7"
Chainstay: 13.5" (Slammed)

|

9/12/2013 9:14 PM

Before you take anything apart, inspect closely to see if the "bumping" and "clicking" is from the pedals, cranks, chain, bottom bracket, etc. Look up videos on how to take off three-piece cranks, preferably for 8-spline cranks. And you should have some grease of some sort, so clean everything and re-grease. That's about it. For your front hub, just get 2 adjustable wrenches and take off any side cone nut, then finger tighten and then re-install your wheel making sure to be careful that the cone nut doesn't move around as you tighten the wheel.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

9/13/2013 4:11 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Before you take anything apart, inspect closely to see if the "bumping" and "clicking" is from the pedals, cranks, chain, bottom bracket, etc. Look up videos on how to take off three-piece cranks, preferably for 8-spline cranks. And you should have some grease of some sort, so clean everything and re-grease. That's about it. For your front hub, just get 2 adjustable wrenches and take off any side cone nut, then finger tighten and then re-install your wheel making sure to be careful that the cone nut doesn't move around as you tighten the wheel.

Ok I'll try that

|

9/13/2013 4:14 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Ok I'll try that

|

9/13/2013 5:49 AM

If purchased from a local shop, I suggest bringing it back and have them correct everything for you.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/13/2013 11:07 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

If purchased from a local shop, I suggest bringing it back and have them correct everything for you.

Would they do it if they put the bike together for me?

|

9/13/2013 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/13/2013 11:18 AM

The Horror Contact wrote:

CULT_BMX wrote:

Would they do it if they put the bike together for me?

yes, but they might charge you a few bux depending on the shop's policy. As an old shop mechanic, we enjoyed it when someone would say, "something wrong with it, but I need to learn how to work on it myself"... this way they go through it real quick, give you a diagnosis & clearly show you why/how to fix it.

This way we could sell you tools and get get ya real hooked in as a customer lol. They could avoid the hassle of fixing little issues any time you have them & prolly sell you a cone wrench to boot

|

United0Cult0