New Wheel Options

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2017 3:05 PM

I'm switching to left hand drive soon and getting a new cassette wheel, i have it narrowed down to the animal javelin cassette laced to a gsport rollcage
or
odyssey anti gram complete wheel laced to the hazard lite rim
i ride 95% street, do a lot of drops, spins and want a loud cassette that will perform and last a long time, laced up to a wheel that doesn't bend easy and can stand up to street abuse

|

4/20/2017 5:36 PM

Anti gram to 7ka

|

4/20/2017 6:17 PM

bdh425 wrote:

I'm switching to left hand drive soon and getting a new cassette wheel, i have it narrowed down to the animal javelin cassette laced to a gsport rollcage
or
i ride 95% street, do a lot of drops, spins and want a loud cassette that will perform and last a long time, laced up to a wheel that doesn't bend easy and can stand up to street abuse

We are overstocked on LHD Demolition Rogue cassette wheels. Shoot me an email at sales@albes.com and I'll set you up with a good deal if you like.

--flip

www.albes.com

|

4/20/2017 8:35 PM

bdh425 wrote:

or

Albes BMX Mail Order wrote:

We are overstocked on LHD Demolition Rogue cassette wheels. Shoot me an email at sales@albes.com and I'll set you up with a good deal if you like.

--flip

www.albes.com

unfortunately i won't be making the purchase until i get enough cash to, i'll definitely send an email once i'm ready to purchase! thank you for the info!

|

4/21/2017 3:51 PM

Only rim I have never destroyed is a GSport. And Odyssey is up there too. Depends on what you want to spend. GSport will last forever, yet is 80+ per rim. Primo and a few others are 60-some. If you don't see "welded seam" on the rim description, don't get it. Unless you have a tight budget. Pinned seams are more prone to separate at the pin seam and then you have to get a new rim.

If you can locate an Araya RB-J1 on eBay that might be cheaper than a GSport but with similar strength (yet weight is more).

Hubs, depends on budget. You can get a Profile elite (price) or something like a Stolen hub that is say 1/2 the Profile elites price.

|

4/21/2017 5:07 PM

bdh425 wrote:

or

Either of those wheels would be good and should last a long time.

A friend of mine is running an 11 year old Hazard Lite and it's in almost perfect condition. I've heard many similar stories about the Rollcage. The hubs are both great and should last a very long time too.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/22/2017 8:35 AM

in that case should i get the antigram laced to a rollcage rim?

|

4/22/2017 5:39 PM

buy a fucking dsg

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

4/23/2017 7:05 PM

bdh425 wrote:

in that case should i get the antigram laced to a rollcage rim?

I had that setup, sold it and it is on its 3rd owner with no sign of letting up. I ordered the wheel 1 month after the Antigram came out. If you check the date, that should give you a good idea of how well they hold up. A buddy is still riding with an original GSport rim and it has been trued a couple times, but only took 5min.

Be sure you or your local shop tension the spokes after say 2 weeks. Most places don't get the tension right when they build wheels so fast. I check my spokes about once a month and tension them if they need it. They should move a bit if you pinch 2 together. But should still feel tight, if they don't you want to check tension and double check the trueness.

|

4/23/2017 7:14 PM

Antigram hubset to Hazard Lite. Antigram to rollcage would also be a good build too.

7ka or Ribcage would be the only ideal step up, but thats not even necessary really. The hazard lite is almost a triple wall while the 7ka is a double wall but made from a stronger grade of aluminum. Very very similar internal profile.

|

4/23/2017 7:46 PM

thairishguy wrote:

Antigram hubset to Hazard Lite. Antigram to rollcage would also be a good build too.

7ka or Ribcage would be the only ideal step up, but thats not even necessary really. The hazard lite is almost a triple wall while the 7ka is a double wall but made from a stronger grade of aluminum. Very very similar internal profile.

I'll probably get a 7ka in the rear eventually. I wasn't sure the difference between the 7ka and Hazard lite because the internal profile is so damn similar, but I guess that answers it

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

4/24/2017 4:11 AM

thairishguy wrote:

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

I'll probably get a 7ka in the rear eventually. I wasn't sure the difference between the 7ka and Hazard lite because the internal profile is so damn similar, but I guess that answers it

Yeah pretty much. The hazard lite has a triple layer on the outer walls and a double layer in the middle, thus making it part triple wall and part double wall. The 7ka doesnt have that triple layer part but its a better grade of aluminum, this negating the need for it.

Very identical strength. I just picked up a ribcage 48h to replace my back rim. It was between that and the hazard lite, and I was very much leaning towards the 48h hazard lite, but the only reason I chose the ribcage was solely to match my front rim.

|

4/24/2017 4:14 AM

Bomedeth 48h wheel

|

fack off