New bars

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2016 10:29 AM

Im looking to get new bars, i want taller ones. I ride the Tall-T which is 8.7 rise with 12 backsweep and 4 upsweep. I have an offer about Federal Drop V1 bars which are 9.5 tall and that fine, but they have 12 back and 1 upsweep. Would that affect my riding/wrists? That's important since my right wrist has been bugging me for quite some time(ive injured it a few times)

|

2/17/2016 8:50 AM

Help anyone sad

|

2/17/2016 9:16 AM

Only way to tell is by trying them. I hate low upsweep myself, 3 definitely feels more comfortable for my wrists and riding in general. Do you have a topload stem?

|

2/17/2016 11:20 AM

I ran the V1 Federal Drop bars in an 8.5 and loved em. I cut about 3/4 of an inch of each side or so. PERFECT for me.

But yea, ANY new bars will feel different, BUT you will get used to them. If you hate em, trade em off or sell them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/25/2016 8:36 AM

Generally, more upsweep is better around 4. Bars with an upsweep of 1 are going to destroy your wrists, or at least destroy mine. I ride the fly fuego bars, with a 9 rise and 3 upsweep, and ive never liked any bar better.

|

2/25/2016 8:44 AM

tallest bars you can get with plenty of upsweep

http://www.sandmbikes.com/product/hardgoods/elevenz-bar/

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!