New bike BIG problem

Related:
Create New Tag

8/14/2013 7:11 PM

I pick up a 2011 Stolen Sinner xlt today complete for 100$

The problem is seat post is stuck, I can't get it out to save my life.
And as you can see the seat is WAY up there.
Photo
Photo

|

refs: fuckyou2, pocoloco, fecho, loco_for_riding

8/14/2013 7:47 PM

is it an integrated seat post

|

8/14/2013 7:52 PM

chad88 wrote:

is it an integrated seat post

It is not

|

8/14/2013 7:53 PM

close up pic of the seat clamp?

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

8/14/2013 8:06 PM

whack dat seat with a hammer from the underside dude

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

8/14/2013 8:08 PM

I laugh everytime I look at the picture loll wack the seat from underneath and it will come out.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/14/2013 8:10 PM

Photo

Photo

Trust me I've tried the hammer. I've smacked the fuck out it and it wont budge
|

8/14/2013 8:15 PM

you could try a pair of vice grips around the post then smack the vice grips with a hammer and see if it will release it and idk if this will work but you could also take your cranks off and spindle out then grab some wd40 or something like that and spry it through the bb into the seat tube that may also help you got one hell of a deal for 100 bucks to bike looks pretty sweet

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

8/14/2013 8:24 PM

take a torch to the seat tube if it's necessary

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/14/2013 8:32 PM

If nothing works cut seat-post to how long you like and then weld it

|

Bang Bang bmx

8/14/2013 9:27 PM

Undo the seat clamp, spray some WD40, and begin to try to to spin, left to right. Once there is some budging, you can begin to pull it out.

|

Put in work.
Put in work.
Put in work.
Flacko put 'em in the dirt.

8/14/2013 9:32 PM

get some metal penetrating oil and spray it on there and instead of hitting it from the bottom hit it from the top just to get it loose and then once everything is loose you should be able to pull it back out completely

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check
Bought from Tomdon, and ScramHype

8/14/2013 9:56 PM

I've sprayed wd40 in it.
It doesn't twist at all.
I've hit it from the top and the bottom and literally nothing happens.

|

8/14/2013 10:05 PM

Hmm i have delt with this a lot. Its basically the 2 metals have bonded a little. What you need to do is take 3 in 1 oil and drip that on there and if that doesnt work, you should heat it up a bit. Then cool it down and heat it back up. That may loosen it a bit. If not, grab a piece of wood, remove the wheels and pivotal seat from the bike, and the chainwheel and try to push it down!! That could definitely help because sometimes pulling it out wont work wink haha push it further in if possible. also, be sure to hit it exactly straight!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/14/2013 10:18 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Hmm i have delt with this a lot. Its basically the 2 metals have bonded a little. What you need to do is take 3 in 1 oil and drip that on there and if that doesnt work, you should heat it up a bit. Then cool it down and heat it back up. That may loosen it a bit. If not, grab a piece of wood, remove the wheels and pivotal seat from the bike, and the chainwheel and try to push it down!! That could definitely help because sometimes pulling it out wont work wink haha push it further in if possible. also, be sure to hit it exactly straight!

Thank you I'll give it a shot in the morning.

|

8/14/2013 10:21 PM

take a 28'' pipe wrench and lock it on there and twist the bitch

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

8/14/2013 10:55 PM

Wd-40 the shit outta the tube, tap the seat with a hammer to left, tap to the right. Then smack that bitch from the bottom of the seat., should do it.

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

8/14/2013 11:24 PM

"... sometimes pulling it out wont work" --MaximusBikes

Just ask Sunny's mom...

Made me laugh more than it should have. LOL

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

8/15/2013 1:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/15/2013 1:33 AM

Damn! For $100?! You sure got one fuckin good deal there! And the seatpost looks rusted so it must be rusted pretty damn bad underneath that area. Considering the bike's two years old, the guy could've rode it and left it in the rain and all but I see no abuse or rust anywhere else or water scum and all that.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/15/2013 10:55 AM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Damn! For $100?! You sure got one fuckin good deal there! And the seatpost looks rusted so it must be rusted pretty damn bad underneath that area. Considering the bike's two years old, the guy could've rode it and left it in the rain and all but I see no abuse or rust anywhere else or water scum and all that.

well there's actually quite a bit of rust here and there. It's not too bad but it's there.

|

8/15/2013 2:21 PM

Four wrote:

I laugh everytime I look at the picture loll wack the seat from underneath and it will come out.

Same. I just busted up at that 2nd picture. Dunno why just looks comical. Ha

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

8/15/2013 2:23 PM

Just ride it likes it's 1982

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/15/2013 6:18 PM

Listen . This is gonna sound crazy but take off the seat , put the post in a bench vice and twist the entire bike . Trust me it works

|

8/15/2013 6:55 PM

riderdude wrote:

Listen . This is gonna sound crazy but take off the seat , put the post in a bench vice and twist the entire bike . Trust me it works

it dosnt sound that crazy it will just give you more leverage

|

MIDWEST MOTHER FUCKER

Bike Check

8/15/2013 7:03 PM

one try kid wrote:

"... sometimes pulling it out wont work" --MaximusBikes

Just ask Sunny's mom...

Made me laugh more than it should have. LOL

hehehehe its a good time..

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/16/2013 6:26 AM

I had the same problem with my stolen score 2011 frame. I got a new frame and wanted to take out the seatpost and use it with the other frame but it wouldnt move for shit, tried turning the bike upside down and we both jumped on the seat with my friend( we weight like 75kgs each) and the seat would t even move.

Here is how to take it out:
Take off the forks with the handlebars and the back wheel. Put ur bike upside down.
Stand on the seat withboth legs so it doesnt move and twist and pull the frame at the same time, holding it by the headtube and the end of the dropouts.

|

8/16/2013 6:36 AM

Crevop wrote:

I had the same problem with my stolen score 2011 frame. I got a new frame and wanted to take out the seatpost and use it with the other frame but it wouldnt move for shit, tried turning the bike upside down and we both jumped on the seat with my friend( we weight like 75kgs each) and the seat would t even move.

Here is how to take it out:
Take off the forks with the handlebars and the back wheel. Put ur bike upside down.
Stand on the seat withboth legs so it doesnt move and twist and pull the frame at the same time, holding it by the headtube and the end of the dropouts.

I was going to suggest this... As mentioned, use the head tube & drop outs for leverage, stand on the seat with both feat, pull up & twist side to side. Also a little WD40 & penetrating oil will help.

|

8/16/2013 6:38 AM

Looking at the seat tube, it looks like a wedge mod system. Have you tried loosening the Seat at all? I know that post is fucking long but there might be a slim chance the previous owner has wedge modded it. Try loosening the seat first & see if it comes out.

|

8/16/2013 6:45 AM

Maybe^

This is why why grease the seat tube before jamming a seat post in kids. Once you're in, you're in for life.

|

text-2485052073
email- kylenotkyle@gmail.com
refs i remember-sessionpro, beastassdick, joe green, scott p, zachery dallesa

8/16/2013 7:40 AM

Use an old stem, clamp it to the post and put a pipe in the 11/8" hole and twist. Use PB bmx blaster instead of wd40

|