New bmx bike

Related:
Create New Tag

4/18/2017 6:49 AM

Hello everyone! I am fairly new to this forum so i hope i'm posting this in the correct section. I've been riding on really shitty bmx bikes since i was 8 years old. Now I'm buying something that would be more durable. Can anyone recommend a good starter bmx with quality parts? I'm looking at a price range of 400$ to around 500$. Also do double wall rims really make a huge difference compared to quality single wall? I'm scared that i would have to replace single walls after casing them a couple of times. Thank you!

|

4/18/2017 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2017 8:25 AM

You don't really say if you are 9 and been riding for a year or 28 and been riding for 20. But anyway I'd say if you have been running for a few years you will probably grow out of a 400$ bike quickly and start upgrading, in the end probably everything and you spent the 400 for nothing. If you have something that runs you could spend the money on as example decent wheels, runt them on your old bike whilst saving for a new frame, etc. and upgrade as you save.

|

4/18/2017 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2017 12:54 PM

Frank_W wrote:

You don't really say if you are 9 and been riding for a year or 28 and been riding for 20. But anyway I'd say if you have been ...more

Pretty much this.

You need to look at a few other things as well. You can bend any double wall rim if you're not careful, especially when learning tricks. For $400 - $500, it won't get you super far if you want to get durable and trustworthy parts that will truly last. Most companies just don't offer those kinds of parts on the complete range of bikes.

What is your current setup now? Post a photo.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/18/2017 5:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/18/2017 5:12 PM

Take a look at the Fitbikeco Begin 3... has decent parts as well... but is about $600, take a look at the parts though, they're pretty nice...
http://fitbikeco.com/bikes-2017/begin-3/

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...