New cassette hub

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2018 1:08 AM

Is there anything I should do to my new cassette hub before installing and riding it?

|

8/16/2018 1:21 AM

Nah, should be good to go straight from the box

|

8/16/2018 2:42 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Nah, should be good to go straight from the box

Thank you dude

|

8/16/2018 2:53 PM

A little clean & re-grease every few months won't hurt either. But as long as it's running smooth it's sweet.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/17/2018 12:45 AM

I heard that they last much longer & sound louder when you put sand in them

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/17/2018 1:17 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I heard u were meant to replace the springs with bits of old tyre tread so that it is always pushing hard on the engagement points.
I bet if you did that with sand in as well it would work great.

|

Hmmm

8/17/2018 1:49 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Edman123 wrote:

I heard u were meant to replace the springs with bits of old tyre tread so that it is always pushing hard on the engagement ...more

I'm not an idiot ???

|

8/17/2018 2:05 AM

Zachary_Johnson wrote:

I'm not an idiot ???

We’re not sarcastic.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

8/17/2018 2:16 AM

Seriously though it's always a good idea to grease up the clutch before you ride on it too much.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

8/17/2018 2:17 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Seriously though it's always a good idea to grease up the clutch before you ride on it too much.

Alright

|

8/17/2018 1:53 PM

It seems unrealistic; but I watched a video where a rider claimed that the grease that came in a hub was basically packing grease and too thick to be effective for riding. Said that you should take it apart, clean it, and use high quality bearing grease. I dunno tho... I mean it is grease not oil, right?

|

8/17/2018 2:48 PM

SupaShawn wrote:

It seems unrealistic; but I watched a video where a rider claimed that the grease that came in a hub was basically packing ...more

I dont think that is a real thing. I do use bearing grease on almost everything besides cassettes, though.

|

8/17/2018 2:58 PM

SupaShawn wrote:

It seems unrealistic; but I watched a video where a rider claimed that the grease that came in a hub was basically packing ...more

It's fine.

|

8/18/2018 4:25 PM

I got my new wheel and so far it's doing great, I did take it apart and cleaned it and regreased it

|