New "cheap" build..lol

Related:
Create New Tag

9/29/2017 9:32 AM

Just picked up a brand new set of eastern venus female hub rims front and back for 70.00 shipped. Im not too fond of the color gold but figured for that price it didnt matter.

I also picked up a raw primo anihilator top load stem for 20.00 shipped

Still gotta lock down a bike with a decent frame but Im looking around.

Figured Id paint the frame flat black, use my gloss black bars and forks, raw silver stem, gold wheels, black tires, and that tan/brown giraffe seat I have.

I still feel like my "retro" backup build is too high dollar to not worry about.

I want a bike that I wont worry about leaving outside for 60 seconds.

1. Ill have a beater bike for riding to stores, work, and letting friends borrow if something goes wrong, still lock it of course.

2. A backup bike for more serious riding, skateparks and long distance when I might have to stop at convienience stores alone, Lock it up.

3. My top tier bike for riding my ramp at home, skateparks and for around town when riding with friends that are able to watch the bikes.

Not to say I WANT it stolen but I have been stolen from in the past and my 1200+ dollar bike is hard to leave, even if locked up or with friends...

The retro build I did still ended up costing me around 600+ dollars and would hurt me pretty bad if it were stolen...

So I plan on taking all my higher dollar parts from my retro build and grabing a cheap full bike with a decent chromoly frame and swapping all my parts to the newer frame. The retro frame will have all my worst possible parts. I will still probably end up making it look good but for cheap.

I know it seems ridiculous to buy more things to try and save money for something that MIGHT or MIGHT NOT happen but my mind just cant rest at the moment.

Plus...I want to do another build...lol

Photo
The things I dont like about this 1997 frame are the brake system, the rear tire clearance, the short top tube (19.5), the 3/8 thin dropouts, and the head tube angle is very slack...it is very lightweight though and unique looking.

Photo

|

9/29/2017 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2017 10:02 AM

Why don't you just carry your bike with you like me, then no one can ever steal it. And yea that's a super tiny frame your riding...

|

9/29/2017 11:43 AM

Ever seen the movie... The Princes Bride?

"You keep using that word (phrase.... "cheap build"). I do not think it means what you think it means...."

|

9/29/2017 2:35 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Why don't you just carry your bike with you like me, then no one can ever steal it. And yea that's a super tiny frame your ...more

I bring it in with me where its allowed but a lot of times the employees or security will kick me out. They never have a good reason.

|

9/29/2017 2:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/29/2017 2:42 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Ever seen the movie... The Princes Bride?

"You keep using that word (phrase.... "cheap build"). I do not think it means what ...more

Cheap as in i got the retro frame for free and im gonna find a 100.00 or less whole bike to replace the parts Im stealing for the next build.

Its not going to be cheap overall cause I already dropped like 700 plus dollars, just the bike that will result from the combination of parts I will be using, there will be a "Cheap" custom bike and a decent custom.

I assume the princess refrence is an appropriate one but no, I have not seen the movie. Lol

|

9/29/2017 3:19 PM

Who the hell hasn't seen the princess bride... Classic. No more ryhmes I mean it, anybody want a peanut?

|

9/29/2017 3:32 PM

Buy a good lock and get it insured.

|

9/29/2017 5:24 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Who the hell hasn't seen the princess bride... Classic. No more ryhmes I mean it, anybody want a peanut?

It was made a year before I was born. Perhaps next time I watch a movie Ill look for it. wink

|

9/29/2017 5:25 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Buy a good lock and get it insured.

You know, I never thought about getting it insured. Ill look into that. Thank you for the suggestion.

|

9/29/2017 6:01 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

It was made a year before I was born. Perhaps next time I watch a movie Ill look for it. wink

Please watch it for all of your generation... And for inigo montoya, the rats of unusual size, screeching eels, fezek, and all the dread pirate awesomeness your life has been missing....

|

9/29/2017 6:57 PM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

Please watch it for all of your generation... And for inigo montoya, the rats of unusual size, screeching eels, fezek, and all ...more

too many cool moments to remember. laughing

" You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to kill you."

"YOU seem like a decent fellow... I hate to die."

|

Frmrly BmxBos
Ref: Robinson79, aaron.samuel.green

9/29/2017 9:46 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

BcBMX80 wrote:

Please watch it for all of your generation... And for inigo montoya, the rats of unusual size, screeching eels, fezek, and all ...more

Charliekeet wrote:

too many cool moments to remember. laughing

" You seem like a decent fellow. I hate to kill you."

"YOU seem like a decent fellow... ...more

I'm not a witch I'm his wife...

|

9/30/2017 10:06 AM

I have a secret to tell you.
You fight very well with your left hand
What's the secret
I'm not left handed....
I'm am searching for the six fingered man...

|

9/30/2017 2:23 PM

Lol seems like im definitely gonna need to watch that movie. My wife is confident I have seen it but I just dont remember it. I dont usually remember movies too well though.

On another note. I rode that 19.5" frame today and decided im going to build it up for my son instead. I finally got him to ride it and it seemed to fit him. Im gonna put a more comfortable seat on it and some smaller bars and some other odds and ends on it. Gonna paint the bars, cranks and wheels whatever colors he wants. Ill post the results when its complete.

|